ADVERTISEMENT

Sensitive types: don't open this thread

He's an embarrassingly bad play-by-play announcer, but he used to wear our football uniform while throwing a lot of footballs to players wearing the other teams' uniforms, and nobody wants to admit it was a mistake to make him the play-by-play guy, so we're stuck with him forever. Merry Christmas.

Can't stand Ellis, for reasons not related to sports. Now he gives this fodder to our rivals.

I went to law school with Todd. He was one of the nicest guys I met while I was there. Had he not gotten injured in that NC State game, that team would have been highly ranked at the end of the season, and he would have played in the NFL. And yes, his PBP is a little shaky, but he is a true homer and I love his passion for the game. I guess you want Charlie McAlexander back? That guy was exciting as a pillowcase full of hair.

I went to law school with Todd. He was one of the nicest guys I met while I was there. Had he not gotten injured in that NC State game, that team would have been highly ranked at the end of the season, and he would have played in the NFL. And yes, his PBP is a little shaky, but he is a true homer and I love his passion for the game. I guess you want Charlie McAlexander back? That guy was exciting as a pillowcase full of hair.

I took some history classes with Todd, I agree that he was/is a good guy. He is also probably the second best ambassador our football program has , behind Darius Rucker. I understand that he is not a polished PBP guy, and hated the Machevellian type scheme that got him into that position (at least that's how it looked from the publics perspective, I blame Liz McMillan for that) , but as you say , he is a Gamecock, one of us. Because of that , I'm an Ellis fan.

Moron
Homer
Loyal to a fault
Do people really want to hear his sunshine pumping or more reality based commentator?

Does anyone else picture someone with a mullet when they hear his voice on the radio? He doesn't look the way he sounds.

Can't stand Ellis, for reasons not related to sports. Now he gives this fodder to our rivals.

meh.gif

Moron
Homer
Loyal to a fault
Do people really want to hear his sunshine pumping or more reality based commentator?
I absolutely want a homer calling our games. I want someone loyal to a fault! I would rather have someone who LOVES our team and messes up occasionally than a professional announcer that could leave tomorrow and announce another teams games without hesitation. If you don't agree just listen to ESPN commentators call our games! Would you rather have your momma change your diaper or some professional nanny that could care less about you?

Why do we hate our own legends and people that care about us. I will NEVER understand.
I dont understand the posters on this board. There are a few true Gamecocks that support and love the USC. But by and large this board is made up of disgruntled humans with nothing better to do than moan and complain. Why ANYONE who calls themself a Gamecock could even begin to rationalize or justify attacking our University, or the athletes that CHOSE to be Gamecocks. This is a really sad and pathetic group of so called fans. Why in the Hell any of these, (and i wont name names) would have ever attended the USC is beyond me. They obviously hate being GAMECOCKS. With that said. This board does NOT epitomize most Gamecocks and or their attitudes about our beloved University.

I took some history classes with Todd, I agree that he was/is a good guy. He is also probably the second best ambassador our football program has , behind Darius Rucker. I understand that he is not a polished PBP guy, and hated the Machevellian type scheme that got him into that position (at least that's how it looked from the publics perspective, I blame Liz McMillan for that) , but as you say , he is a Gamecock, one of us. Because of that , I'm an Ellis fan.
What class? I was in his Napoleonic History class. Sat right behind him. He was nice enough, but I cringed a little when he raised his hand to answer a question. Why? Because his passion was football. Mine was history. His answers displayed where his heart was.

We deserve all the ribbing the Tillmanites can dish out. 90-17 is proof of that. Until we can turn the tide, y'all better thicken up your skin.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I absolutely want a homer calling our games. I want someone loyal to a fault! I would rather have someone who LOVES our team and messes up occasionally than a professional announcer that could leave tomorrow and announce another teams games without hesitation. If you don't agree just listen to ESPN commentators call our games! Would you rather have your momma change your diaper or some professional nanny that could care less about you?
I dont mind the homer SLANT but not to a point where you cant really get a true feel for the game. and leave my momma out of this.

I dont understand the posters on this board. There are a few true Gamecocks that support and love the USC. But by and large this board is made up of disgruntled humans with nothing better to do than moan and complain. Why ANYONE who calls themself a Gamecock could even begin to rationalize or justify attacking our University, or the athletes that CHOSE to be Gamecocks. This is a really sad and pathetic group of so called fans. Why in the Hell any of these, (and i wont name names) would have ever attended the USC is beyond me. They obviously hate being GAMECOCKS. With that said. This board does NOT epitomize most Gamecocks and or their attitudes about our beloved University.
I love USC enough that I want a competent play-by-play announcer serving as one of the university's most high-profile voices. It's the same way I want Carolina to have the best coaches, the best administrators, the best faculty members. It's not good enough that someone used to be a Gamecock athlete. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

This is a football discussion board. I imagine very few are here because they "hate being GAMECOCKS". Where does that idiot get the notion that "they're cycling out" when they've been in 3 straight natty playoffs? Just stupid, and invites ridicule.

I love USC enough that I want a competent play-by-play announcer serving as one of the university's most high-profile voices. It's the same way I want Carolina to have the best coaches, the best administrators, the best faculty members. It's not good enough that someone used to be a Gamecock athlete. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Dang right, we ran off one of the best in the country and then allowed one almost as good to leave here in order to keep Todd in the football chair. These were not quality-driven decisions.

Last edited:
Dang right, we ran off one of the best in the country and then allowed one almost as good to leave here in order to keep Todd in the football chair. There were not quality-driven decisions.

^^^^^This is true.

Clemson did something similar and gave us the twit we have now. Todd and Don are both bad.

Nothing wrong with favoring your team but both of these guys can be over the top.

The art of doing play by play is dying sadly. I really miss hearing guys like Bob Fulton, he was outstanding.

What class? I was in his Napoleonic History class. Sat right behind him. He was nice enough, but I cringed a little when he raised his hand to answer a question. Why? Because his passion was football. Mine was history. His answers displayed where his heart was.
giphy.gif

OP should not be posting tater propaganda. Thread should be removed and OP should be forced to watch Todd’s super mix on YouTube on repeat for a week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT