ADVERTISEMENT

Serious GG Basketball question

With N.I.L. and all, is there any chance whatsoever GG stays more than 1?
The only way I see it is if his stock tumbled so low that professional basketball wasn’t a real option.

At this point I think he would be better off in Europe than another year here. This team is bad and I can’t see it getting significantly better anytime soon. Sad and I wish it weren’t true but the facts and eyes tell me otherwise.

The only way I see it is if his stock tumbled so low that professional basketball wasn’t a real option.

At this point I think he would be better off in Europe than another year here. This team is bad and I can’t see it getting significantly better anytime soon. Sad and I wish it weren’t true but the facts and eyes tell me otherwise.
thanks

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Comical…yeah, he’s not 18 yet and I am sure going to Europe is the path. U people crack me up. He will either be a first round pick or will stay another year. It’s that simple. Five games in and here we go.

Tsheibwei out of Kentucky is getting almost $3 million NIL - and using his money wisely. Go read his wiki page. We need a deal for GG like that, but Tsheibwei has been playing college ball 3-4 years.

Tsheibwei out of Kentucky is getting almost $3 million NIL - and using his money wisely. Go read his wiki page. We need a deal for GG like that, but Tsheibwei has been playing college ball 3-4 years.
Tsheibwei has never been considered a lottery pick like talent and was evaluated as a Second Round pick just last year. College production does not necessarily translate to what the NBA drafts. So, an N.I.L. deal is great for him. However, an N.I.L. deal will not compare to being an NBA lottery pick and an apparel deal. Jackson is already being seen as a Top 10 prospect. Unless Jackson just bombs out like Emoni Bates did last year, I just don't see a circumstance where he stays. The 10th pick in the draft is guaranteed at least 4.8 mil next year and that's just the basketball salary. Another issue is does the kid transfer if he bombs or the team bombs. Kids just don't stay in bad situations like they used to.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s why the NIL was so good for Tsheibwei. He is very athletic but the NBA people may see him as a more mobile version of Cockburn.

Comical…yeah, he’s not 18 yet and I am sure going to Europe is the path. U people crack me up. He will either be a first round pick or will stay another year. It’s that simple. Five games in and here we go.
You think he’s going to stick around and take 20 point ass beatings to Furman? I would like to see him stay but if things don’t get better drastically he will be a one and done regardless of if it’s the NBA or not.

You think he’s going to stick around and take 20 point ass beatings to Furman? I would like to see him stay but if things don’t get better drastically he will be a one and done regardless of if it’s the NBA or not.
Before he goes to Europe though, he would probably just transfer to another college. A couple of kids have gone to Europe, but it's not the best experience even for guys that have gone through college for 4 years. There is a lot of pressure to win. If a team loses, the American is the first to lose his/her job. Also, they have a bad habit with withholding payment. It's not fun fighting for money that you have earned in a foreign country. With the relaxed transfer rules, he could just transfer to one of the blue bloods if things go bad.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Before he goes to Europe though, he would probably just transfer to another college. A couple of kids have gone to Europe, but it's not the best experience even for guys that have gone through college for 4 years. There is a lot of pressure to win. If a team loses, the American is the first to lose his/her job. Also, they have a bad habit with withholding payment. It's not fun fighting for money that you have earned in a foreign country. With the relaxed transfer rules, he could just transfer to one of the blue bloods if things go bad.
Good point. And given how he fell into our lap I could see him transferring if this doesn’t turn around. Hopefully it does though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT