ADVERTISEMENT

Serious NCAA/vaccine question here

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
I was just told by someone associated with a D1 program that the NCAA is going to require ALL persons associated with athletic departments and teams will have to get the Vaccine. This is all the way down to support persons in offices that rarely even see the athletes. Anyone not getting vaccine will be required to test 3 times a week.
So here is the question. I just saw where the Florida Governor has said any place that requires employees to be vaccinated will be fine $5000. So does that mean if any school follows the NCAA guidelines, then they will owe $5000 per person they require to get it or will they tell the NCAA that their rules go against government stipulations? Florida has alot of state supported schools with NCAA athletes and the persons involved with it.
I am sure this will be an issue with other states as well before long. So who wins here?
I am not against the vaccine but I am against REQUIRING people to get it or not be allowed to be involved in anything. I have known several people who were fully vaccinated that still got Covid and got it pretty bad.
The NCAA also said that if there is a breakout, that all people, vaccinated or not, will be subjected to three tests a week until breakout is over. I dont think they have fully thought this through as usual but just my opinion. Any other thoughts of how this will turn out?

• Haha
Reactions: 81 Alumnus
I was just told by someone associated with a D1 program that the NCAA is going to require ALL persons associated with athletic departments and teams will have to get the Vaccine. This is all the way down to support persons in offices that rarely even see the athletes. Anyone not getting vaccine will be required to test 3 times a week.
So here is the question. I just saw where the Florida Governor has said any place that requires employees to be vaccinated will be fine $5000. So does that mean if any school follows the NCAA guidelines, then they will owe $5000 per person they require to get it or will they tell the NCAA that their rules go against government stipulations? Florida has alot of state supported schools with NCAA athletes and the persons involved with it.
I am sure this will be an issue with other states as well before long. So who wins here?
I am not against the vaccine but I am against REQUIRING people to get it or not be allowed to be involved in anything. I have known several people who were fully vaccinated that still got Covid and got it pretty bad.
The NCAA also said that if there is a breakout, that all people, vaccinated or not, will be subjected to three tests a week until breakout is over. I dont think they have fully thought this through as usual but just my opinion. Any other thoughts of how this will turn out?
WOKE. Critiical Race Theory. Antifa. BLM. Marxism. UFO's

What is: all things complained about by crazy people, Alex?
This is obviously total BS, If the NCAA was really planning to do this it would be a huge story. Sometimes wish I had fewer scruples because it would be so easy to screw these sheep out of their 401 K with a pill "that turns water into gasoline"

No. It's crazy to believe Marxists are hiding under your bed waiting to come out and impregnate your women while you're a the gun range
I’m not scared of any single Marxist. I’m scared of a Marxist mob. Which we have certainly seen.

I’m not scared of any single Marxist. I’m scared of a Marxist mob. Which we have certainly seen.
Isn't concerned about a pandemic that has killed almost 600,000 Americans in 14 months or thousands of people with Confederate flags and chemical weapons vandalizing the Capitol and trying to kill Pence and cops to overturn an election but is terrified of Marxists mobs in 2021 America

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Isn't concerned about a pandemic that has killed almost 600,000 Americans in 14 months or thousands of people with Confederate flags and chemical weapons vandalizing the Capitol and trying to kill Pence and cops to overturn an election but is terrified of Marxists mobs in 2021 America

Who says I’m not concerned with both? Why are you being so binary?

Oooh... my ancestors are from China. So do I have a right to be mad? Or am I crazy?

If you have relatives from China, or have been hearing stories of your Chinese relatives that have suffered under a Marxist regime, I can certainly understand why those thoughts could be prevalent - similar the Cuban-American experience. It still doesn’t make it any more relevant to your life in the US.

What part of China is your family from?

If you have relatives from China, or have been hearing stories of your Chinese relatives that have suffered under a Marxist regime, I can certainly understand why those thoughts could be prevalent - similar the Cuban-American experience. It still doesn’t make it any more relevant to your life in the US.

What part of China is your family from?
Hong Kong

Nobody should be forced to do anything now. If you are worried, YOU should get the vaccine. Everybody has had plenty of time to take care of themselves. No more reason to impose on others now. It's called personal responsibility.

The NCAA also said that if there is a breakout, that all people, vaccinated or not, will be subjected to three tests a week until breakout is over. I don't think they have fully thought this through as usual but just my opinion. Any other thoughts of how this will turn out?
FWIW, I require anyone visiting me in my home to be double-vaxxed. Otherwise, we'll visit out-of-doors, and you keep a 2m minimum distance from me.

Over what places does Ron DeSantis have the authority to enforce a 5k fine?

Reactions: 81 Alumnus
FWIW, I require anyone visiting me in my home to be double-vaxxed. Otherwise, we'll visit out-of-doors, and you keep a 2m minimum distance from me.

Over what places does Ron DeSantis have the authority to enforce a 5k fine?
Probably the same types of places that Cuomo and Whitmer forced to close down.

I need to hear what Fauci thinks about this.
Whatever his opinion is today will not be his opinion next week or his publicly stated opinion will not be his actual private email opinion or the one he actually verbalizes to his closest friends ... so ... don’t waste your time . 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT