ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question, can we convince somebody to come

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Play us on the October 20th like PC ? Would a smaller school cancel a game to take our big money game ? Can they do that ?

Last edited:
LoL , dang I will change it.

In all seriousness Jeff they can do it. It requires a buyout from one school to get out of their contract. In essence we pay one school but they probably turn around and pay the other school they backed out of.

This has to be a non conference game as opposed to conference unless someone is so desperate for a pay day that they could get special permission to alter a conference game which is unlikely.

This has to be a non conference game as opposed to conference unless someone is so desperate for a pay day that they could get special permission to alter a conference game which is unlikely.

Do not know how accurate Wikipedia is, but it is stating currently that there are three FCS football programs that are independent. The schools are Hampton, North Alabama and North Dakota. South Carolina should consider one of these three teams since they have no conference games.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Hampton has an open date on the 20th and canceled a game against Tenn state.

I would say we keep our open date and play December 1st. We’ll have a much larger selection of opponents and teams will also likely want the chance to get another win so they’ll agree to get their 12th game in.

Could be Marshall, Ga Southern, ECU, etc...a lot depends on the championship games and who are in them. As fun as it would be to play a WVU or VT...I’m not sure that’s what this year’s team needs to do. We need the wins and we’ll need that week in the middle of conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT