ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question: Will Clemson attempt to run up the score against us?

Feb 15, 2018
I think they will try and I certainly would if I were them.

I believe they will not slow down or stop regardless of the score or time left in the game and will attempt to make it very obvious that their intention is to embarrass us.

Reactions: Tygur
I think this year is easily the most hopeless of the last 4 against Clemson including 2015 when we were 3-9 and played them close.

I look for a repeat of 2016. I'll be shocked if they have to punt more than one time on our defense.
I'm breaking my streak in this series. Intentionally not going. Can't justify it in anyway anymore. Knowing I'll be done at halftime like previous years.

I know one thing... if Will Swinney scores we might as well drop to 1AA. And it wouldn’t surprise me if they tried it.

Christian Wilkins throws the pass. lol

I will say, I think if there is a chance, Dabo will score as much as he can and try to embarrass S.C. it’s a rivalry game so you never know though.

I'm not whining, we got beat. We will get better with recruiting which is happening daily and reflective in the quality players comitting to us. These other "fans" need to suck it up.

It’s frustrating when a season doesn’t go like you had hoped. Just got to try to get better. As fans, not much we can do but cheer and complain.

It’s frustrating when a season doesn’t go like you had hoped. Just got to try to get better. As fans, not much we can do but cheer and complain.
Yeah but I'm persoanlly not going over the line and losing a game before its played and prediciting my team to get blown out by 3rd stringers, no sir.

I don’t think they will this season. They already had that day. They don’t respect us enough to run it up on us. They have bigger fish to fry. They’ll pull their starters early. They may still score but they won’t leave their guys in to beat us any worse.

Keep in mind, if Clemson scores 70 that doesn’t mean they ran it up. As of now I’m not sure what Clemson could do for us to stop them other than intentionally not try, and that won’t happen. They’ll run the ball a lot and we won’t stop it. Even their 2nd and 3rd strings. They’ll run their D-linemen and the coach’s children, they’ll still score.

I doubt they will. All though they may not be able to help it. But they have much bigger fish to fry past the game with USC. And while the rivalry is still a big one, it sort of loses it's luster when not competitive. Dabo might run it up if we still ran in a lot of the same recruiting circles, but we aren't with the exception of the few they recruit from in state.

Reactions: Pole
I don’t think they will this season. They already had that day. They don’t respect us enough to run it up on us. They have bigger fish to fry. They’ll pull their starters early. They may still score but they won’t leave their guys in to beat us any worse.

Keep in mind, if Clemson scores 70 that doesn’t mean they ran it up. As of now I’m not sure what Clemson could do for us to stop them other than intentionally not try, and that won’t happen. They’ll run the ball a lot and we won’t stop it. Even their 2nd and 3rd strings. They’ll run their D-linemen and the coach’s children, they’ll still score.
You be be ashamed at your lack of support of our team. Embarrassing.

You be be ashamed at your lack of support of our team. Embarrassing.

I’m ashamed our our defense’s performance and they way the behaved when florida was kneeling on the ball. What exactly did I say that wasn’t true? HAVE YOU SEEN OUR RUN DEFENSE THIS SEASON? HAVE YOU SEEN US TACKLE THE PAST 9 GAMES? HAVE YOU SEEN THAT CLEMSON LIKES TO LET THEIR LINEMEN SCORE AS WELL AS WILL SWINNEY? What do you see that we can do that will help us stop it after 9 games? Recruiting won’t help us in 2 weeks.

I’ve supported this $hit show my whole life. I’ll continue to support this team. Calling a performance a giant turd and knowing we are completely outmatched against our rival isn’t “not supporting your team”. Just like having completely unrealistic expectations isn’t “supporting your team”.

You should be embarrassed to be so blind not to see this team for what it is, especially the defense. Get off your high horse.

Last edited:
I’m ashamed our our defense’s performance and they way the behaved when florida was kneeling on the ball. What exactly did I say that wasn’t true?

I’ve supported this $hit show my whole life. I’ll continue to support this team. Calling a performance a giant turd and knowing we are completely outmatched against our rival isn’t “not supporting your team”. Being unrealistic isn’t “supporting your team”.

You should be embarrassed to be so blind not to see this team for what it is, especially the defense. Get off your high horse.
I'm not blind, I see our weaknesses but you want catch me running down our team like you and others on here do, you're an embarrassment. If it was a Clemson fan writing your garbage it would be bad enough. Pathetic

I'm not blind, I see our weaknesses but you want catch me running down our team like you and others on here do, you're an embarrassment. If it was a Clemson fan writing your garbage it would be bad enough. Pathetic

Not sure why you single me out but sounds good douche bag. I simply replied to the thread, I didn’t start it. This loss was inexcusable and I’m calling it like I see it. Go eat a sack full of $hit. Hell, nobody could say a freaking word on this board this week if everything had to be positive.

Not sure why you single me out but sounds good douche bag. I simply replied to the thread, I didn’t start it. This loss was inexcusable and I’m calling it like I see it. Go eat a sack full of $hit. Hell, nobody could say a freaking word on this board this week if everything had to be positive.
What did I say

They'll pull the starters after the 3rd quarter. They have more important things to look forward to than to meddle around with us. This game will be over by halftime.
Yep. They let the breaks off big time last year in Columbia halfway through the 3rd. Last year should have been a 50 plus point loss. They could score 80 if they wanted.

I’m already imagining them bringing out that linemen-as-RB goaline package and Montac meeting Lawrence or Wilkins(? Don’t know who they actually use) at the line. Gives me a little chuckle.

I believe they will not slow down or stop regardless of the score or time left in the game and will attempt to make it very obvious that their intention is to embarrass us.
I don’t see why they would. They haven’t left starters in the game since Syracuse. There was an article that said they played 54 players in the first quarter n half. Everybody just trying to get a win. Why leave starters in there to possibly get hurt. Also, this of the real time experience the 3,4&5 string get

77 on Louisville...yeah, I don't think we're safe. Besides, isn't that what we were asking Muschamp to do yesterday? Score enough to safely win?

I'm afraid they WON'T try to run up the score but it will be run up anyway. It's not that hard to imagine a third string running back racking up some big runs against our tired and depleted defense.

Nope. I guarantee they will not. They will play the entire team before they leave the starters to keep scoring. If the scrubs score, they just score but it won’t be them trying to run it up.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will have to intentionally run up the score. Now the question is will the 1st string be able to put up 45+ points on our defense, yes I think they will. DS will in all likelihood pull his first string after the 1st series in the second half.
What will the 2nd & 3rd string do ? Most likely play as hard as they can to make impressions and I wouldn't blame them at all.
It's up to our defense to make the game competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT