ADVERTISEMENT

Serious questions. Thoughts

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Interested to see if anyone is still on the"give this year's team time" side. This isn't just one bad game/series. This has been building and building, loss after loss. You lose games because of bad breaks or an error here and there. Not a whole season. I never thought that we would fall to lows we are at. I am embarrassed by every facet of this team. It starts at the top. I could start yelling for Chad's job, but it isn't our decision to make. It's up to a two time national champion who built this program up. Friendship can't be mixed in with business. Tough decisions have to be made.
From a team standpoint, these are college kids. I am not going to bash them into the ground. I will say as a team, their abilities are far below standard SEC baseball. Pitching is the same. Hitting is non existent. I know many remember our championship series against Arizona how they put the ball in play. Moved runners around. Played small ball. Won a title. When is the last time we looked like a solid hitting team? How about executing with guys in scoring position?
I ask a serious question now... Do you start playing guys with them understanding that scholarships are on the line for next year? There are many that start out in the fall roster but never make this squad. (Ripken son is an example) Maybe we will see who will/can step up and show that they want to be there. Again this statement is as a team not just one or two guys who bring it every night (Martin). Would that light a fire under someone.

This post was edited on 4/16 10:49 PM by Cocky4SC

Re: Hello????

Great post!
wink.r191677.gif

I know this is crazy and just hopeful, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. If we can win friday night, saturday could be a win to turn it around. Lets just hope we can win tomm. And have that chance saturday.

You can't really threaten to take away scholarships because these kids don't get but about 1/3 of a ride.

Holbrook needs to go. It's that simple. Keeping him another year might set us back 20 years. Have you been paying attention to the empty seats? Just wait til next year when season ticket sales take a major hit.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
I know this is crazy and just hopeful, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. If we can win friday night, saturday could be a win to turn it around. Lets just hope we can win tomm. And have that chance saturday.
Nailed it!

ADVERTISEMENT