ADVERTISEMENT

Shakeup in the trading card industry.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Trading cards are bigger now than they’ve been at any point in the past 30+ years.

the ironic part of this is that Pete Rose has a lifetime ban from baseball for gambling, yet MLB is giving this card license to Fanatics- who will simultaneously be moving into the sports gambling market at the same time that they’re getting into trading cards.

Memories! I collected trading cards growing up. Have lots of Jose Canseco, Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippin, etc…….. Unless my mother didn’t threw them out they are boxed up on her attic somewhere . Lol they are probably long GONE.

I know the values pretty much suck on cards except the very very few valuable ones.

, I wish I still had my baseball cards from the 1960’s that got tossed when mom cleaned out the attic.
Same. And I had a Joe Willie Namath rookie card, a Brooks Robinson card, and a Pete Rose card, plus many others in the two shoeboxes I had full of them.

It's not the relic cards that garner the cash now (except of course the rookies of old school guys), though. It's the Lebrons and Lucas and Zions, proclaimed 1 of 1s, that bring the heat. I'm not into it, but I went to a national show in Dallas and it's like a bunch of 20-something investment brokers....walking around with fannypacks full of cash.

I also wish I had my old Playboy magazine collection but my wife made me get rid of them when our daughter was born.
playboy used to be a decent magazine, i think they had some of the best writers in the industry. read a fascinating informed article, here’s a naked lady, next article!

playboy used to be a decent magazine, i think they had some of the best writers in the industry. read a fascinating informed article, here’s a naked lady, next article!
I always bought Playboy for the articles. I never realized there were naked pictures in the magazine. Wow, guess I missed that.

• Haha
Reactions: be cocky
When I was a kid in the late 50's and early 60's, me and my buds would buy a pack of chewing gum with a baseball card in it for 1 penny. I collected a ton of cards including Mantle, Maris, Yogi, etc. A lot of those cards just disappeared but when I was cleaning out mom's attic in the late 80's, I found a shoebox full of cards which I promptly gave to my nephew. Stupid me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT