ADVERTISEMENT

Shannon Sharpe/Skip Bayless

AsheGamecock

Mar 12, 2009
From Lancaster, SC

You know, I get why the talking heads talk more about Duke because of their history and sustained success even after they lose. ..BUT... for the love of god guys, please do some research of our team before you bring them into the conversation. This was straight up cringe worthy.

JMO, but if you're watching any of those talking head shows you are really wasting your time, especially on ESPN!

If we worried about every time someone dissed USC we would be on Bull Street!

A wise man once said, just win anyway!

They should stay with football. Thornwell should be 1st round pick.
JMO, but if you're watching any of those talking head shows you are really wasting your time, especially on ESPN!

If we worried about every time someone dissed USC we would be on Bull Street!

A wise man once said, just win anyway!

Oh, i agree with this completely. It's just fun to talk about while we wait the rest of the work week for the next game. :)

Oh, i agree with this completely. It's just fun to talk about while we wait the rest of the work week for the next game. :)
Not trying to be disparaging at all, to each their own, heck I watch survivor, but most of those shows are pushing the controversial story just for ratings and/or talking the NBA, two things I have little time for!

Not trying to be disparaging at all, to each their own, heck I watch survivor, but most of those shows are pushing the controversial story just for ratings and/or talking the NBA, two things I have little time for!

Fair enough. I just thought this video was funny because it shows how little research and knowledge these TV personalities actually display about a lot things, not just about our school or team. I'm trying to figure out what was worse, this segment on a show that I don't even watch (just stumbled to the clip on youtube lol) or Chris Webber as a commentator.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I just thought this video was funny because it shows how little research and knowledge these TV personalities actually display about a lot things, not just about our school or team. I'm trying to figure out what was worse, this segment on a show that I don't even watch (just stumbled to the clip on youtube lol) or Chris Weber as a commentator.
I wonder how much time do these folks have to do the research.

ESPN is on the road to going broke. They are laying off tons of employees in an attempt to stay afloat. I know the first two who need to go.

These two work for Fox Sports. Bayless left ESPN for FS last year. As did Colin Cowherd. This is Skip and Shannon on Undisputed on FS1.

I wonder how much time do these folks have to do the research.
My understanding is that these types of shows (at least at ESPN) have their own researchers, who provide information to the talking heads. One would think FS1 has the same resources, but considering how ill-informed these 2 seem...

BTW, I thought Weber was pretty fair to us, just got tired of him saying Carolina, South Carolina, like he was correcting himself!

These guys butchered this entire segment. It lets me know that did very little research on South Carolina. Shannon can't even get Thornwells name correct. Also they seem to think that the South Carolina team doesn't have any highly rated players. Both PJ and Thornwell were highly rated coming out of highschool.

Reactions: mbsurfside
BTW, I thought Weber was pretty fair to us, just got tired of him saying Carolina, South Carolina, like he was correcting himself!

Yeah, he was fair. I just like goofing on him for the fact that he isn't good with our players names. However, the one thing he said that made me chuckle was at the end of the game. He kept stating to our players not to trap themselves in the corners on the inbound pass, though right, incredibly ironic coming from him.

Come on guys, they were dead on with what they were saying. Everyone knows that NBA teams draft potential instead of production. That is why you see some many undergrads getting drafted over Srs and Jrs. Think back to when Shane Battier was drafted and there was doubt about him because he stayed for 4 years. They were not throwing shade on the young man. They were just stating fact about the NBA draft.

Come on guys, they were dead on with what they were saying. Everyone knows that NBA teams draft potential instead of production. That is why you see some many undergrads getting drafted over Srs and Jrs. Think back to when Shane Battier was drafted and there was doubt about him because he stayed for 4 years. They were not throwing shade on the young man. They were just stating fact about the NBA draft.
They were wrong when they said that we didn't have any highly recruited players.

To say Thornwell wasn't that good because he stayed all 4 years was pretty damn lazy but other than that what can you say. USC has been very very bad and they are placing Frank Martin on a very high pedastool. I think he will leave soon with all of this exposure. I always hear he wants to coach as close to Miami as possible

I think he will leave soon with all of this exposure. I always hear he wants to coach as close to Miami as possible

new-debbie-downer-gif-525.gif

Most people who follow basketball understands this, but you're missing the point. This is a South Carolina forum. They brought up our university/players in the conversation, and quite frankly, had no clue what they were talking about. Was that really so difficult to understand from this thread considering the context?

Damn! One post in 13 years?!?!?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT