ADVERTISEMENT

Shi is an amazing player ....

None of us know what he said, or if he was going too far. Your “limited time” comment makes sense if he caused us to get a delay of game. Did he? Nope. You are just making assumptions and projecting when you are no more sure of what went on than any of us are. What we do know is- we won, he got no penalties for what he did or said or the time he took, and his fellow players and coaching staff are fine with it. As Coach said- “If I could get 110 Shis I would take it!” He prefers a competitor, and so do most people in football. The day Shi goes too far and gets a penalty that costs us, I and all the fans and the coaches and his fellows players will be mad. This is his 4th season here now and he has gotten how many personal fouls for talking smack? Yeah, I am with Muschamp: Give me a hundred more $&@t talkers like him!
So do you have a better explanation for him being pulled from the game on a crucial 3rd down against Tennessee.when you are in the red zone and down by 7 points in the second half? I’ll wait because there is no good explanation. O-Linemen tried to pull him in formation and he is fussing with his own teammates because he wants to continue his personal battle. So, they pulled him. The glossing over this problem is amazing. I never thought I would be the one advocating against trash talk, but the made up justifications for this makes me.

Did Shi’a smack talking cost us any penalties in the Auburn game? If not then fans complaining need to sTFU. This is football. A CONTACT sport .. If you have a problem with it go watch Golf or horse back riding.

god some of our fans are pathetic

Last edited:
So do you have a better explanation for him being pulled from the game on a crucial 3rd down against Tennessee.when you are in the red zone and down by 7 points in the second half? I’ll wait because there is no good explanation. O-Linemen tried to pull him in formation and he is fussing with his own teammates because he wants to continue his personal battle. So, they pulled him. The glossing over this problem is amazing. I never thought I would be the one advocating against trash talk, but the made up justifications for this makes me.
Again, were you in the huddle? Look- the coach was asked about this, he said he talks to Shi about keeping his composure but not losing his edge, he would rather say woah than giddy up, and that is exactly how I feel. If that is the worst you can come up with- that he might have come out of a game for one play one time... OK. If that is enough for you to write a guy off and go on tirades on the internet about it. Cool bro. Have fun.

I still don’t recall him committing a personal foul penalty, certainly not this season. I don’t recall him causing a delay of game or a fight... I see guys on both sides of every football game I watch jawing just like him. It annoys me sometimes too! Not saying anything goes- I talked in other threads about defenders doing it after the offense ripped off a big play- like you got gashed dude, stfu and go back to the huddle, nobody cares you bumped him out of bounds 35 yards up field! I think there is too much sometimes... But Shi is not the worst one out there and I don’t see how our own fans are mad about what he does rn.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Hey, Im not justifying it, I freakin love it!

Reactions: SOSUSC
Again, were you in the huddle? Look- the coach was asked about this, he said he talks to Shi about keeping his composure but not losing his edge, he would rather say woah than giddy up, and that is exactly how I feel. If that is the worst you can come up with- that he might have come out of a game for one play one time... OK. If that is enough for you to write a guy off and go on tirades on the internet about it. Cool bro. Have fun.

I still don’t recall him committing a personal foul penalty, certainly not this season. I don’t recall him causing a delay of game or a fight... I see guys on both sides of every football game I watch jawing just like him. It annoys me sometimes too! Not saying anything goes- I talked in other threads about defenders doing it after the offense ripped off a big play- like you got gashed dude, stfu and go back to the huddle, nobody cares you bumped him out of bounds 35 yards up field! I think there is too much sometimes... But Shi is not the worst one out there and I don’t see how our own fans are mad about what he does rn.
Again, I say we are a razor-thin team. We absolutely must have our best players in there at crucial points of the game. I think some of you have me confused. I don't have an issue with Shi in the Auburn game as much as he went back and forth with their DB's. He was in the game. He made plays. However, I must admit that I am still stewing about that incident in the Tennessee game. You can't be missing big snaps man unless you are injured. That third down was a potential 4 point swing and we lost by 4 points. I don't coach football. I coach basketball. The sports are different however it is similar in that point swings are the things that keep you up at night. So, as much as people were killing Cam Smith over not getting out of the way of the punt, I am that mad over Shi not being in the game at that point in the 3rd Quarter. I am not writing him off. He is our best player by far. This team needs him. We can't lose him because he has mental lapses and is thinking it is all about him. That Tennessee game is gone, it is lost. However, we can't have the same issue coming up to lose another game because we are giddy he made some plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: hillstosea
Again, I say we are a razor-thin team. We absolutely must have our best players in there at crucial points of the game. I think some of you have me confused. I don't have an issue with Shi in the Auburn game as much as he went back and forth with their DB's. He was in the game. He made plays. However, I must admit that I am still stewing about that incident in the Tennessee game. You can't be missing big snaps man unless you are injured. That third down was a potential 4 point swing and we lost by 4 points. I don't coach football. I coach basketball. The sports are different however it is similar in that point swings are the things that keep you up at night. So, as much as people were killing Cam Smith over not getting out of the way of the punt, I am that mad over Shi not being in the game at that point in the 3rd Quarter. I am not writing him off. He is our best player by far. This team needs him. We can't lose him because he has mental lapses and is thinking it is all about him. That Tennessee game is gone, it is lost. However, we can't have the same issue coming up to lose another game because we are giddy he made some plays.
I am not sure what you think should be done about the perceived “issue”. Again- a senior who has one incident you can point to over an almost 4 year career where he MIGHT have had to sit out a play because of his temper? Seems like a mountain being made out of a mole hill to me. It is a big topic of discussion now though, not just here but in the media as well- they asked coach about it in his post game presser and players about it today on the zoom meetings... (again all coach and player comments I heard were complimentary of him) So, clearly if be loses his cool in one of the coming games and costs us a penalty or has to be taken out of game- with as much as has been said about it since the last game.. Then we can point to a clear problem. I don’t think what he has done to this point warrants this much blow back.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I am not sure what you think should be done about the perceived “issue”. Again- a senior who has one incident you can point to over an almost 4 year career where he MIGHT have had to sit out a play because of his temper? Seems like a mountain being made out of a mole hill to me. It is a big topic of discussion now though, not just here but in the media as well- they asked coach about it in his post game presser and players about it today on the zoom meetings... (again all coach and player comments I heard were complimentary of him) So, clearly if be loses his cool in one of the coming games and costs us a penalty or has to be taken out of game- with as much as has been said about it since the last game.. Then we can point to a clear problem. I don’t think what he has done to this point warrants this much blow back.
I think coaches and fans needs to be more honest about it. It's not the end of the world, but it is far from nothing either. Depending on your point of view, you could argue that it helped to cost us a game already. Shi has even said that he needs to do better in this area. However, we seem to be talking around the issues and doing the same things once the game starts. I think the "I would rather say Whoa, than Giddy Up" terminology from Coach is starting to get annoying to me because I don't see any improvement in that area. It just seems that is something the coaches say to get the media and fans off their backs.

Last edited:
I think coaches and fans needs to be more honest about it. It's not the end of the world, but it is far from nothing either. Depending on your point of view, you could argue that it helped to cost us a game already. Shi has even said that he needs to do better in this area. However, we seem to be talking around the issues and doing the same things once the game starts. I think the "I would rather say Whoa, than Giddy Up" terminology from Coach is starting to get annoying to me because I don't see any improvement in that area. It just seems that is something the coaches say to get the media and fans off their backs.
You say you don’t see anything getting better there, I don’t see it as a big problem, and neither do the coaches apparently. I saw what happened on AUBURN’s side as a problem. They had players screaming at each other on the sidelines- the WB and his best WR. They had a freshman wideout who failed to get the first down on a long catch and came up spiking the ball and yelling at our dude (who just laughed at him and held up the 4th down signal in his face)- nearly got a personal foul... Their coaches lit him up! Read an article today where the title said Mahlzan was going to address all the smack talk during the game and that is all the article was about... Nothing about all the jawing back and forth on the field... Doesn’t seem any coach or player is concerned about the competitors jawing at each other.

Had your mama played college football she may have felt differently 😎
I can assure without one ounce of a doubt that mama would not feel differently. She always taught my sister and I to be the bigger person - take the high road. It's called having class and respect for yourself, your team and the University you represent. I appreciate Shi's undeniable talent and his passion. He just needs to turn it down a notch before it winds up costing us a game.

Bobby Boucher’s mama said foosball is the debil.

Just watched Hubie Halloween. Not as good as I was hoping. It had its moments.

But please SHUT YOUR FREAKING MOUTH !!!! For god sake . Your not Terrell Owens . Ur not Randy Moss . Your not Steve Smith . Yeah those guys talked a lot ... they’re all Hall of Famers they can talk . Loved watching the Auburn position coach crawl his WR for woofing . Shi needs to zip it . Amazing player , terrible attitude .
If we've learned anything since DJ Swearinger left, is that this team needs a little swagger. I have no problem with Shi and his attitude, providing that he backs it up. He has so far been backing it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT