ADVERTISEMENT

Shi is an amazing player ....

If you were a Gamecock opponent, I easily believe Shi would be the first target to go after verbally to get him to respond.

Agree, smart opponents will do whatever they can to get in the head of an impact player.

It's part of the game. It's ugly, yes, though not nearly as bad as when players try to twist ankles and break fingers in a pile. I remember that kind of behavior from years ago. It seems the leagues have curtailed this, likely with help of video replay. Still remember Albert Haynesworth stepping on a guys face after ripping his helmet off.

Last edited:
Did those guys wait to get in the Hall before they started talking or were they doing so along the way. His talking is his passion, I don't get why y'all don't understand that. It may be a cultural thing.
I think I grew up in a similar cultural environment as Shi. Nah Bruh, that is crazy town and people should be ashamed of themselves trying to justify it. The Auburn coaches probably saved our best player from being suspended for next week’s game.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Defender
Yikes. You don’t watch Alabama games much.

I watch pretty much every Bama game . They don’t . Trash talking is one of Sabans big pet peeves . They play with emotion and they celebrate after a big play but it’s usually with their teammates . The only reason I noticed is I have a friend that worked on Saban’s staff as a grad student and he told me that’s a big hot button with him . Not saying it never happens but very rarely . Thompson and Waddle abused that UGA secondary and I never saw them chirping .

• Haha
I agree with the cultural thing but is your opinion going to change when he gets flagged at a crucial point in a game this year. It's inevitable if he don't calm it down a bit. He can talk all the trash he wants but he's got to control it.
Until he gets flagged it's a non issue.

Last question to Muschamp was about Shi keeping his composure. Said he talks to him about it all the time but at the end of the day he “would rather be saying woahh than GIDDY up!”- I agree. It irks me sometimes when guys act out at times they shouldn’t but I want to see firey competitors out there! That is what Shi is. He also said “If I could have a hundred Shi’s I would take it”. I hope he can improve on his consistency but I have been impressed by what this kid is doing and he plays with an edge. We need more of that on the team. Sanders on defense likes to talk out of turn sometimes but he is getting better- had a big hit on Bo Nix when he was airborne on the sideline.. Horn has more of a quiet confidence about his game, but he had them so frustrated on the Auburn sideline! They were literally fighting with each other.. It was nice to see our defensive players affecting the other team like that TBH.

Its comical watching some of these butt hurt fans of ours whine because one of the best players on the team has an "attitude" Problem. Never mind his contribution to the game. Lets pitch a fit! bwhahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: bagel400
Its comical watching some of these butt hurt fans of ours whine because one of the best players on the team has an "attitude" Problem. Never mind his contribution to the game. Lets pitch a fit! bwhahahahahahahahahaha
No one has a problem with him talking and getting after it. The problem is when he selfishly hurts the team. Shi is playing on a higher level than I played. So, I am sure he knows the down and when to picks his spots. Frankly, I am disappointed in Coach’s response to this. “Rather say Whoa than Giddy Up?” That is so soft. This is why we have so many issues with this. For certain things, the response is that won’t happen again. Accounting for a kid’s culture should not be a license to just “Act a Fool”. We have about 70 guys on this team that grew up in a similar time and culture as Shi. Somehow they can control themselves. Yea, some may over-celebrate, , but I don’t see them doing things to selfishly hurt the team.

Last edited:
Trash-talking can be managed. That is evident in the fact that there is more of it now than there used to be. Then came Miami. There is also less dancing in the end zone than there used to be because it brings a 15-yard penalty as a discrete rule violation. Trash-talking needs to be addressed in the same way. Great football does not depend on it. There is still a place for sportsmanship.

I watch pretty much every Bama game . They don’t . Trash talking is one of Sabans big pet peeves . They play with emotion and they celebrate after a big play but it’s usually with their teammates . The only reason I noticed is I have a friend that worked on Saban’s staff as a grad student and he told me that’s a big hot button with him . Not saying it never happens but very rarely . Thompson and Waddle abused that UGA secondary and I never saw them chirping .
Horseshit!!!

Last edited:
Trash talking is low rent and classless, regardless of who does it or when. But what is particularly disgusting is when there is trash talking when there is nothing to trash talk about. Shi made some great plays, but he also dropped 3 passes that hurt us particularly in the first half. If you can't catch the ball just shut up and go back to the huddle.

Dude that first clip was from like 10 years ago . CJ Mosley has been in the NFL for years . Not saying it doesn’t happen occasionally but it doesn’t happen much . We talk more sh$&t for a .500 football team . Rewatch that game . We were chirping at guys after allowing 15 yard gains. Shi was chirping at the DB after he dropped a 3rd down pass . Yes Miami talked a lot , FSU talked a lot , they were national champions and top 5 teams annually . There’s a difference .

Dude that first clip was from like 10 years ago . CJ Mosley has been in the NFL for years . Not saying it doesn’t happen occasionally but it doesn’t happen much . We talk more sh$&t for a .500 football team . Rewatch that game . We were chirping at guys after allowing 15 yard gains. Shi was chirping at the DB after he dropped a 3rd down pass . Yes Miami talked a lot , FSU talked a lot , they were national champions and top 5 teams annually . There’s a difference .
According to Michael Jordan in The Last Dance. Anybody can talk trash when they up, only a man will talk trash when he's down. Trash talking is fine as long as you don't get a penalty. How many times were we penalized for trash talking saturday?

According to Michael Jordan in The Last Dance. Anybody can talk trash when they up, only a man will talk trash when he's down. Trash talking is fine as long as you don't get a penalty. How many times were we penalized for trash talking saturday?
I would amend that slightly. Trash talking is fine as long as you don’t get a penalty or have to be removed from the game to avoid a penalty. I can even take a penalty if a big play comes along with it. Remember a game against Arkansas where DJ got a pick-6 and just threw the ball in the stands. All you could do is shake your head, dude made a play.

I would amend that slightly. Trash talking is fine as long as you don’t get a penalty or have to be removed from the game to avoid a penalty. I can even take a penalty if a big play comes along with it. Remember a game against Arkansas where DJ got a pick-6 and just threw the ball in the stands. All you could do is shake your head, dude made a play.
When did Shi get a penalty?

Thank you 0

Shi: has by far the best season of career and is also for the first time, showing a lot of passion

gamecock fans: I DONT LIKE IT BE CLASSY
They had to wait for him to stop jawing so he could line up. They were trying to catch Auburn with the wrong defensive personnel, but he was paying attention to #21 of Auburn. That same thing happened once against Vandy. He won the game and still felt the need to go to Auburn's sideline afterward. I mean winning the game is the ultimate last word. He's going to cost the team at some point. But I appreciate his good play thus far.

They had to wait for him to stop jawing so he could line up. They were trying to catch Auburn with the wrong defensive personnel, but he was paying attention to #21 of Auburn. That same thing happened once against Vandy. He won the game and still felt the need to go to Auburn's sideline afterward. I mean winning the game is the ultimate last word. He's going to cost the team at some point. But I appreciate his good play thus far.
Idk what they said to him, let him rub it in their face this team needs some meanness

Reactions: bagel400
Idk what they said to him, let him rub it in their face this team needs some meanness
I would prefer he rub it in after the game at least. The word is out that you can get in his head and other teams are trying to get him a penalty every week. Eventually, they will succeed and it probably will come at a bad time for us. The cameras are watching for it and the refs will be too. The rest of the team seemed to do less jawing this week.

Reactions: olpolecat
No one has a problem with him talking and getting after it. The problem is when he selfishly hurts the team. Shi is playing on a higher level than I played. So, I am sure he knows the down and when to picks his spots. Frankly, I am disappointed in Coach’s response to this. “Rather say Whoa than Giddy Up?” That is so soft. This is why we have so many issues with this. For certain things, the response is that won’t happen again. Accounting for a kid’s culture should not be a license to just “Act a Fool”. We have about 70 guys on this team that grew up in a similar time and culture as Shi. Somehow they can control themselves. Yea, some may over-celebrate, , but I don’t see them doing things to selfishly hurt the team.

So if the other team keeps chirping at him he’s just gonna play nice? That is soft. He’s chirping right back. This isn’t a game of chess we’re playing here. It’s a bunch of alpha males going after each other. I’m all good w/ smack talking...Shi’s just a little louder and bobbles his head more when he talks. Gilmore talks trash...he just does it through gritted teeth. It’s a part of the game.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
I would prefer he rub it in after the game at least. The word is out that you can get in his head and other teams are trying to get him a penalty every week. Eventually, they will succeed and it probably will come at a bad time for us. The cameras are watching for it and the refs will be too. The rest of the team seemed to do less jawing this week.
Or him jawing them takes them out of their game? Probably the best thing a team could do is just do their job and give him nothing to push against

So if the other team keeps chirping at him he’s just gonna play nice? That is soft. He’s chirping right back. This isn’t a game of chess we’re playing here. It’s a bunch of alpha males going after each other. I’m all good w/ smack talking...Shi’s just a little louder and bobbles his head more when he talks. Gilmore talks trash...he just does it through gritted teeth. It’s a part of the game.
The Defense does not have a time clock. The offense does. I swear some of these fake tough guys on here defending this non-sense never played on the offensive side of the ball. A WR does not have an unlimited time to chirp. Say your peace and get back in the huddle or line up. The sad part about it is that most of the people on here support Shi. I know I do. However, I am not such a fanboy that I am going to justify everything. I don’t know where you got that I am against talking on the field. However, an O-linemen shouldn’t be tackling you trying to get you back in the huddle. There is talking and there is “You have lost your d*** mind”. Shi has started to venture into the latter territory.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthCarolinagal

My main point of this post is it’s been an issue all year. I can’t remember a play involving Shi all year long that didn’t involve him chirping , even if it was not instigated. People were mentioning it in the game threads EVERY WEEK . Go back and look . I’m all about playing with emotion and swag but enough Is enough . I never saw DJ jawing when he blew a coverage or missed a tackle . Several times this year I’ve seen Shi drop pass or get tackled for minimal gains and he’s still chirping . Mark my words at some point this year he’s gonna get tossed or cost us big in a game . Remember i said this when it happens .

Or him jawing them takes them out of their game? Probably the best thing a team could do is just do their job and give him nothing to push against
His team already has had to wait on him twice to run plays because he was too busy running his trap to get in the formation. He was not paying attention. That's selfish and detrimental. And he has admitted he needs to work on it. Is the sport football or smack talking?

Reactions: SouthCarolinagal
My main point of this post is it’s been an issue all year. I can’t remember a play involving Shi all year long that didn’t involve him chirping , even if it was not instigated. People were mentioning it in the game threads EVERY WEEK . Go back and look . I’m all about playing with emotion and swag but enough Is enough . I never saw DJ jawing when he blew a coverage or missed a tackle . Several times this year I’ve seen Shi drop pass or get tackled for minimal gains and he’s still chirping . Mark my words at some point this year he’s gonna get tossed or cost us big in a game . Remember i said this when it happens .
In my mind, he has already cost us. People let that 3rd down in the Red Zone situation against Tennessee go because it happened in the 3rd Quarter. On the other hand, the entire board takes a dump on Cam Smith for trying hard and making a football mistake.

The Defense does not have a time clock. The offense does. I swear some of these fake tough guys on here defending this non-sense never played on the offensive side of the ball. A WR does not have an unlimited time to chirp. Say your peace and get back in the huddle or line up. The sad part about it is that most of the people on here support Shi. I know I do. However, I am not such a fanboy that I am going to justify everything. I don’t know where you got that I am against talking on the field. However, an O-linemen shouldn’t be tackling you trying to get you back in the huddle. There is talking and there is “You have lost your d*** mind”. Shi has started to venture into the latter territory.
None of us know what he said, or if he was going too far. Your “limited time” comment makes sense if he caused us to get a delay of game. Did he? Nope. You are just making assumptions and projecting when you are no more sure of what went on than any of us are. What we do know is- we won, he got no penalties for what he did or said or the time he took, and his fellow players and coaching staff are fine with it. As Coach said- “If I could get 110 Shis I would take it!” He prefers a competitor, and so do most people in football. The day Shi goes too far and gets a penalty that costs us, I and all the fans and the coaches and his fellows players will be mad. This is his 4th season here now and he has gotten how many personal fouls for talking smack? Yeah, I am with Muschamp: Give me a hundred more $&@t talkers like him!

Reactions: SOSUSC
Im not bashing him I’m just saying it’s been non stop with him every game this year . Anybody on here can back me up on that . Watch the film
Yea people talk more about his mouth than his play. That’s when it’s time to address the issue. He has to have some discipline. If the other side talks trash stick the ball in the end zone and smile at them as you celebrate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT