ADVERTISEMENT

Shocked at the Riley move.

That drive from Campus to Venice or Santa Monica would take well over an hour as I-10 backs up...In metro LA, you need to live really close to where you work or else you get stuck in traffic...

The only place worse to me than LA is that drive from Tacoma to Seattle...

I guess in my older age, I can't stand traffic at ALL...my ideal would not be the west coast at all although I loved it in my 20's thru early 40's...My idea now is, looking for a place in the northern Midwest on one of the Great Lakes....I've been looking for the last 6 months or so for a cabin in Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota with a Great Lake Water Front...

If this was for sale, I'd buy it:

It's on Lake Superior...

Reactions: rogue cock
Yep...my neighbor is a LSU grad and said a deal was in place that Friday and was just waiting on his signature...then poof he was gone.
Then that's the second time they've had the rug pulled out from under them waiting on a signature.

Tom Herman did the exact same thing to them. Had an agreement hammered out, had the paperwork to be signed, he used that as leverage to get his deal from Texas.

Normally, when someone says that so and so are scared of competition I just ignore it. There is usually some other valid reason why someone might take the perceived easier path. But in this case I really think it was the fear of being in the SEC West, or at least that was a big part of it. I sure hope he fails out there, because I don't want SoCal to succeed in football.

And why y'all dogging Norman? It's a fine town. I say that having spent 7 whole days of my life there. I've spent a lot more time in LA, but I could never live there or in a large city. Rural or suburban New England or New Jersey is preferable to any large city.

I was stationed at Ft. Sill for a stint. To me, Oklahoma is the most depressing place in America. Just put "Norman, OK" into Google Earth and then scroll out...

Riley is probably prancing around SoCal like David Lee Roth in that California Girls video right about now.
I was thisclose to up and moving to somewhere in the LA area in ‘97 when I was almost 25, but I did my due diligence and saw the apartment prices, car insurance, etc…and talked myself out of it. I should’ve sold my car, and just gotten a bunch of roommates like everyone else. But where I did move I met my wife, so it all worked out, right? Anyway, the scenery out there would’ve been troublesome. Just a different vibe out there. Many would say a stupid, gun hating, hippie, liberal vibe, but it’s not that. LA has always had this strange pull to me that living there for even a year or 2 would’ve probably satisfied

Reactions: leftneck
I was thisclose to up and moving to somewhere in the LA area in ‘97 when I was almost 25, but I did my due diligence and saw the apartment prices, car insurance, etc…and talked myself out of it. I should’ve sold my car, and just gotten a bunch of roommates like everyone else. But where I did move I met my wife, so it all worked out, right? Anyway, the scenery out there would’ve been troublesome. Just a different vibe out there. Many would say a stupid, gun hating, hippie, liberal vibe, but it’s not that. LA has always had this strange pull to me that living there for even a year or 2 would’ve probably satisfied
Yeah, I shoulda prefaced that by saying I wouldn't want to, nor could I afford to, live in LA/SoCal. I'm East Coast all the way. But Oklahoma just sucked to me.

Also, I have a friend who just accepted a job at the hospital in Langdon, North Dakota. That is surely more depressing than OK. I don't know what kind of salary they offered her, but it better have been a lot. A whole lot. Her closest friend is now in Wisconsin. lol

I've never been to Norman, or even Oklahoma. What's so bad about them?

LA is a nasty cesspool. It's not hyperbole when I say you couldn't pay me enough to live there. I'd live in the middle of North Dakota before I'd live in LA.

Reactions: WingchunCock
He should worry about being able to fill the pool at his new house at the moment. The water restrictions in place now pretty much forbid it.

With the kind of cash the Trojans are throwing at him, he could fill his pool using bottled water and spend his time worrying about the grape peelers showing up on time.

Reactions: caughtlookin
That drive from Campus to Venice or Santa Monica would take well over an hour as I-10 backs up...In metro LA, you need to live really close to where you work or else you get stuck in traffic...

The only place worse to me than LA is that drive from Tacoma to Seattle...

I guess in my older age, I can't stand traffic at ALL...my ideal would not be the west coast at all although I loved it in my 20's thru early 40's...My idea now is, looking for a place in the northern Midwest on one of the Great Lakes....I've been looking for the last 6 months or so for a cabin in Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota with a Great Lake Water Front...

If this was for sale, I'd buy it:

It's on Lake Superior...

I’d use a helicopter.

I’d use a helicopter.
I don't think you even need a pilot's license for one of these:
TaxyCalidus.jpg

UPDATE: well it looks like you do need a special type of license for gyroplanes according to this website, https://autogyrousa.com/

Last edited:
Why are you assuming someone's going to drive back and forth from the beach?

The Spurriers had a condo near W-B. There are options when you got $$.

Reactions: vacock#
LA. A beautiful town with a lot of things Norman doesn’t have - fires, a state in debt like no other, water shortage, wacko Cali neighbors, terrible traffic, smog, woke people, etc.

LA. A beautiful town with a lot of things Norman doesn’t have - fires, a state in debt like no other, water shortage, wacko Cali neighbors, terrible traffic, smog, woke people, etc.
The one thing they do have is.....pretty people....speaking more from my time in San Diego...those are some of the fittest folks...from 7 to 97 everyone is active...

If I absolutely had to live in California, it would be La Jolla, Oceanside or San Diego...

ADVERTISEMENT