ADVERTISEMENT

Should the B12 v SEC hoops challenge continue?

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
For us no because we suck at basketball and will for the foreseeable future. You guys got a nice matchup with some juice with one of your starters being a transfer from Florida.

I do think the SEC has held their own in this challenge. I think it’s good to see some solid out of conference matchups late in the year.

I would honestly like to see it in football as well. As random as it is for a South Carolina fan, I enjoy watching K State play as long as it doesn’t conflict with the Gamecock game!

The SEC has great athleticism but comes up short most years at tournament time because other major conferences have players with better ball skills. That inferiority was reflected in these matchups.

The SEC has great athleticism but comes up short most years at tournament time because other major conferences have players with better ball skills. That inferiority was reflected in these matchups.
I agree. I would add that it seems like most SEC squads have a couple guys that carry the team.
If they have an off night, they're liable to get beat.

Reactions: king ward
These are for TV and ratings. A lot of the “success” of the challenge depends on the matchups. The Big 12 “won” 7-3 but two of these matchups were one possession games. Auburn played like crap early and should have won. We know Kentucky isn’t a title contender, but they took Kansas to the wire. Arkansas lost by 3.

Ironically the biggest reason it will get the ax is because Texas and Oklahoma are coming to join the SEC. Besides it’s probably going to be better ratings and matchups to create an ACC/SEC Challenge and a Big 10 vs Big 12 Challenge.

I wish we would play a challenge with every P5 conference in every sport.

I agree. Would rather lose to Big 10, 12, ACC, Pac 12 teams than stoney brook type teams. I don't know about you but, going 14 & 20 isn't all that different than 17-17, especially when you haven't been asked to the dance in ....??? how many years??? YES!!! Another poster loved us supporting South Carolina schools ... Firment, Waffolls, Baptist College, City of Charleston YMCA, Winthrop. Same dude wanted to fire Frank McGuire because he didn't have enough local talent.

C'mon, yeah, we're not even wallflowers yet and, I certainly don't know what he can/can't do but, let's at least give Coach Paris a chance. Said it before and no apologies, gonna say it again ... he was given an empty gun and invited to a knife fight ... seriously, what were you expecting this season???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT