ADVERTISEMENT

SHUT THE MARKETS DOWN!

This madness is not going to stop until the media with their Democratic friends have drained every man and woman of their life savings . They have shut everything down now its time to shut the market down so, they can't legally rob the american people anymore.
Hmm, as I understand it we are willfully shuttering the economy in order to give our underprepared health care system a chance to keep up. Did the Democrats undermine our healthcare infrastructure while I wasn’t paying attention? Did the Democrats get us to spend more on “national defense” than the next 7 nations but yet can’t defend us from new cold virus, one that our enemies could almost surely replicate themselves or at least take advantage of the aftermath?

Not that I’m a Dem either, because I’d love it if there were any true “conservatives” to be found. A true conservative knows that it is fiscally self defeating (as I hope people are now realizing) to skimp on fundamental things like healthcare infrastructure. A true conservative knows that trying to undermine govt at almost every turn rather than striving for good govt is the path to being a 3rd world country.

There are people who have the o o, the capital and the smarts to swing trade. You can also craft different options spreads to take a view in the market. You can also take a page from storied investors like Buffet, who says to be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when other are fearful. He was sitting on a lot of cash coming into this market.

It really takes intestinal fortitude to buy on a limit down day. I held my finger on the "trade" button several times and chickened out. I finally decided to buy half of what I had planned to buy. This is long from over so I'll have a chance to add to those positions.

Reactions: taiwancock
Hmm, as I understand it we are willfully shuttering the economy in order to give our underprepared health care system a chance to keep up. Did the Democrats undermine our healthcare infrastructure while I wasn’t paying attention? Did the Democrats get us to spend more on “national defense” than the next 7 nations but yet can’t defend us from new cold virus, one that our enemies could almost surely replicate themselves or at least take advantage of the aftermath?

Not that I’m a Dem either, because I’d love it if there were any true “conservatives” to be found. A true conservative knows that it is fiscally self defeating (as I hope people are now realizing) to skimp on fundamental things like healthcare infrastructure. A true conservative knows that trying to undermine govt at almost every turn rather than striving for good govt is the path to being a 3rd world country.

Hear! Hear!

Nurses and medics are our nation's troops right now and they are so screwed. I know because my sis is on the front lines at a pretty well-known hospital and I just got off the phone with her. She is less than optimistic.

Go to the hospital on any given day and tell me how many vacancies you see...

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Because I owe a bunch of taxes from 2019. I may not have enough money left to pay them if it continues. I am not a member of Congress, nor am I a politician, nor a member of the FBI. The law applies to me. The IRS is brutal. They can take everything I own. They may take my life savings.

What is creating your tax liability? I’m not financial expert, but if you are looking to offset taxable income, selling off stock at a loss will at least help you for next year’s return.

BTW - I understand where you are coming from. I’m paying 3X in taxes this year versus last, and because of Trumps tax changes, the impact was unexpected. Thank goodness I have cash on hand on don’t have to rely on liquidating positions right now to pay taxes.

On the bright side, we should have an additional 90 days to submit returns.

To @ansoncock ... this situation puzzles me... Did you NOT KNOW that you were making a lot more money than you did the year before?? Surely, you have paid taxes before this year... If you made that much extra money over the year before, what did you do with it all?? This doesn't compute to a person who has to pay taxes each and every year, starting with quarterly estimates...

@Sending an SOS ...Trump's tax changes were in effect in 2018 tax period... and lot's of people were surprised to find that they owed more. People didn't realize that bump in pay on their regular paychecks did not mean their tax liability wasn't reduced... good to hear you have the funds to pay. I would hate to have to liquidate holdings right now to pay taxes...

you are full of shit

Reactions: Expro19
you are full of shit
I guess you don’t waste your genius on dummies like me. That’s okay. But please do get on the horn with the “conservatives” in charge, because the things I’d like them to conserve are currently going down the toilet like so much hoarded charmin.

Reactions: howard13
Because I owe a bunch of taxes from 2019. I may not have enough money left to pay them if it continues. I am not a member of Congress, nor am I a politician, nor a member of the FBI. The law applies to me. The IRS is brutal. They can take everything I own. They may take my life savings.

I just paid a bunch of taxes today in both Federal and NC State taxes. Gosh, it hurt knowing how the market is going down. But, my wife and I are in it for the long haul, especially her. I may not be. LOL! Hopefully I will be as well.

What is creating your tax liability? I’m not financial expert, but if you are looking to offset taxable income, selling off stock at a loss will at least help you for next year’s return.

BTW - I understand where you are coming from. I’m paying 3X in taxes this year versus last, and because of Trumps tax changes, the impact was unexpected. Thank goodness I have cash on hand on don’t have to rely on liquidating positions right now to pay taxes.

On the bright side, we should have an additional 90 days to submit returns.

I now know I will be ok. I have honed trading skills over the past 40 years. I was just contemplating what might happen if the market kept going down. I do have a high tax liability due to incredibly good trades in 2019; same story for 2018. I will not even know how much I owe until I run it through TurboTax. Would the IRS cut me a little slack like some politicians, FBI, etc. have been cut? I don't believe so for one minute. They are totally brutal towards unconnected individuals.

The stocks I am heavily invested in are worth 10-15x what they are trading. There are plenty of them out there, just look at the Morningstar 5* stock list. Good luck in the coming rebound. The 90 extra days makes a big difference.

P.S. My wife and I live frugally. We are in no way dependent on the investments as income. We can live on SS and pensions.

This madness is not going to stop until the media with their Democratic friends have drained every man and woman of their life savings . They have shut everything down now its time to shut the market down so, they can't legally rob the american people anymore.

That crazy Democrat Henry McMaster and his democratic buddies shutting everything down... LOL

and the “other side” is the one that makes everything political..........

I now know I will be ok. I have honed trading skills over the past 40 years. I was just contemplating what might happen if the market kept going down. I do have a high tax liability due to incredibly good trades in 2019; same story for 2018. I will not even know how much I owe until I run it through TurboTax. Would the IRS cut me a little slack like some politicians, FBI, etc. have been cut? I don't believe so for one minute. They are totally brutal towards unconnected individuals.

The stocks I am heavily invested in are worth 10-15x what they are trading. There are plenty of them out there, just look at the Morningstar 5* stock list. Good luck in the coming rebound. The 90 extra days makes a big difference.

P.S. My wife and I live frugally. We are in no way dependent on the investments as income. We can live on SS and pensions.
You and I appear to have the same issue (large tax liability) and are both in the buying mode. Like you, we live relatively frugally. House is paid off etc.

People who act out of panic and fear are the cause of the drop in the market.

It’s easy to point the finger but it’s their money. It’s a free market economy. They can invest or pull as they wish.

With the guidelines set in place after the Great Depression, I believe this virus has caused more of a drop than anything the people have done.

Reactions: OldFlaCock
It’s easy to point the finger but it’s their money. It’s a free market economy. They can invest or pull as they wish.
With the guidelines set in place after the Great Depression, I believe this virus has caused more of a drop than anything the people have done.
I'm curious, how does the market drop if people aren't selling off their stocks? How does a virus, aside from a computer virus, cause a drop in the market in a way other than people anticipating drops in the market because of the virus? And of that's what you're saying, we're on the same page.

Hey OldFlaCock and Rollerdude123 Democrats control the Media and have for years, 97 percent of them voted for Crooked Hillary you two Geniuses...LOL

It’s amazing how many republicans take their marching orders from the “democratic controlled media.”

that would mean they have to be the most gullible, unintelligent human beings on earth.

I'm curious, how does the market drop if people aren't selling off their stocks? How does a virus, aside from a computer virus, cause a drop in the market in a way other than people anticipating drops in the market because of the virus? And of that's what you're saying, we're on the same page.

Pretty simple. Virus causes people not to go out to eat, board a plane, book a cruise, shop at the mall, etc.....

Then those expected profits turn to losses and then you’re in the crapper. You can again blame this on the people but you may be facing a situation real soon where it’s not even an option.

Cruise lines are already shut down for 30 days. Flights cannot come in to NYC & Philly now. These are not people making choices. This is the government telling you that you cannot do this for the safety of mankind.

I am retired. I have to sell to eat, etc.

Reactions: Scuba_do

16% of our federal spending goes to military and homeland security.
28% of our federal spending goes healthcare.

Guess who, according to the WHO, has the #1 and #2 healthcare systems in the world?

France and Italy. Yes. Italy. Healthcare for all. Run by the government. Huge taxes to fund it.

The USA has 344 deaths.
France has 562 deaths.
Italy has 4,825 deaths.

First death in Italy was on 2/21.
First death in France was on 2/25.
First death in the US was on 3/1.

Natural disasters like this aren't fixed by government healthcare programs. That has been proven.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT