ADVERTISEMENT

SI reporting SEC will be conference games only

If we don’t play y’all there really is no reason to play an eleventh game. I suspect the ACC will now circle back around and switch to conference only schedule. Oh well.

Outrageously poor decision. I guess the rivalries that matter to the real powers of the SEC will be protected - Bama/Auburn, Bama/Tenn, Georgia/Auburn and Georgia/Florida. But our arch rivalry doesn’t matter.

I hope Caslen and Tanner at least fought for it but were out voted.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me. Each conference is responsible for playing or not playing depending on circumstances and information available closer to game times. Don't think we want contractual obligations with other schools clouding that decision.

We get to play high quality teams (fingers crossed we actually get to play).

I'm optimistic. Go Gamecocks!

Yay. We won’t lose to Clemson this year. Yay!

Clemson has to love this though as they will be able to face a “real” team.

my few Clemson Friends repeatedly say on Facebook we aren’t a real team now. So this is good for them.

Outrageously poor decision. I guess the rivalries that matter to the real powers of the SEC will be protected - Bama/Auburn, Bama/Tenn, Georgia/Aurburn and Georgia/Florida. But our arch rivalry doesn’t matter.

Tanner gets rolled by everyone, especially by the SEC.

Outrageously poor decision. I guess the rivalries that matter to the real powers of the SEC will be protected - Bama/Auburn, Bama/Tenn, Georgia/Aurburn and Georgia/Florida. But our arch rivalry doesn’t matter.

Barnhart and Stoops put out a statement in Lexington about regretting not playing the Loserville game.

Rumor is that the way all of the OOC game contracts are written the games can be cancelled "Fault Free" because of cataclysm/calamity. But, if even one OOC game were to be played the other schools would have to be paid.

For UK the cost would be $2.5 million to beat LoLville's ass again.

Won`t hurt my feelings not to play Tillman U. Hopefully will hurt their SOS with all of the weak teams they play. By the way, did Dabo silence the players from talking about their slave-based university property? Haven`t heard much lately about it.

I don’t see how the SEC has any say about non-conference games. It’s not their call.

Reactions: clemmer
Won`t hurt my feelings not to play Tillman U. Hopefully will hurt their SOS with all of the weak teams they play. By the way, did Dabo silence the players from talking about their slave-based university property? Haven`t heard much lately about it.
I don’t think playing a 4 win SEC team was helping their SOS...

The instate rivalry schools only have 1vote . USC,UGA,UF,UK. They got outvoted. Yall can spare us the Ray Tanner blew it crap.

Just play the game at the end of the season. Have the two schools write a one year contract, the presidents sign. Then just do it as a fundraiser or whatever BS reason you come up with.

Why don’t South Carolina and Clemson move their game to the first week. Easy solution just got to want to.

So does Georgia but they never get rolled. It's not a coincidence.
LOL, So why wouldn't they want to play GT? If anything we should be the 1s who dont want to play our instate rival. But here is USC trying to play clemson while the other teams dont want the plus 1 instate rival game.

LOL, So why wouldn't they want to play GT? If anything we should be the 1s who dont want to play our instate rival. But here is USC trying to play clemson while the other teams dont want the plus 1 instate rival game.
I'm not referencing the rivalry game, specifically. Georgia has more than one rival, so it's not the same. I'm talking about every other instance where we got the turd end of the stick and Georgia ended up golden. If you can't see that we get treated like second class citizens in the conference, not much I can say because you just don't want to see it.

And frankly, Tanner is a rube and everyone knows it. That's how we got stuck with Muschamp with an obscene contract and why we get rolled in the league office.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT