ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Atlanta must not put much stock into "character" assessment pre-draft...

Rooster Louie

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Last edited:
Even money says he turns out bankrupt & addicted to drugs in the not very distant future.

Whatever .... Do you guys know anything about this kid and where he came from ... probably not . Before you judge take some time to hear his Story. He was overcome with emotion and yes he did slip up but to call him a Thug is BS. He should be dead or in jail and instead he's a Millionaire and will make more $$ in a week then most of us will make in 10 years . Again before you throw stones do a little research on why he was so emotional .

Whatever .... Do you guys know anything about this kid and where he came from ... probably not . Before you judge take some time to hear his Story. He was overcome with emotion and yes he did slip up but to call him a Thug is BS. He should be dead or in jail and instead he's a Millionaire and will make more $$ in a week then most of us will make in 10 years . Again before you throw stones do a little research on why he was so emotional .

Whatever...

Doesn't matter what "his Story" is. Time to learn from the story, and grow up and be a man.
I personally had a dysfunctional, broken, divorced family, with single mother, and poor childhood. Neighborhood was drug infested and usually dangerous too.

Does that entitle me, or give me a ticket to be a dumb a?

Part of what's wrong with society today. People making excuses for stupidity, wrong choices and decisions, and immaturity.

Hopefully he does learn, grows up, and doesn't piss away all his "Millions".

Last edited:
Whatever...

Doesn't matter what "his Story" is. Time to learn from the story, and grow up and be a man.
I personally had a dysfunctional, broken, divorced family, with single mother, and poor childhood. Neighborhood was drug infested and usually dangerous too.

Does that entitle me, or give me a ticket to be a dumb a?

Part of what's wrong with society today. People making excuses for stupidity, wrong choices and decisions, and immaturity.

Hopefully he does learn, grows up, and doesn't piss away all his "Millions".

Ok obviously you know this kid personally since you are saying he is stupid and made wrong choices . He's never had any off the field issues . He was emotional because he promised his Grandmother ,who raised him , on her death bed that he would get out of the hood, go to college and make it to the NFL . I would "guess" that it's a pretty emotional moment it actually happens . He never made excuses for anything . He dropped an F bomb on Camera and people are calling him stupid ?? Our President said it's ok to grab women by the ***** and a kid drops an F bomb on TV and he's labeled as a thug and stupid . Hmmm...

Actually he should fit in quite well with the culture of Today's "ATL".....Just sayin....

Bingo.

And somewhere in America, an English teacher just....

tenor.gif

Ok obviously you know this kid personally since you are saying he is stupid and made wrong choices . He's never had any off the field issues . He was emotional because he promised his Grandmother ,who raised him , on her death bed that he would get out of the hood, go to college and make it to the NFL . I would "guess" that it's a pretty emotional moment it actually happens . He never made excuses for anything . He dropped an F bomb on Camera and people are calling him stupid ?? Our President said it's ok to grab women by the ***** and a kid drops an F bomb on TV and he's labeled as a thug and stupid . Hmmm...

Yes. What he did was immature and stupid. That doesn't mean this one immature, stupid moment has to define this kid forever.

President?
"Two Wrongs doesn't make anything right".

It's common sense and application of that common sense. And, accountability.

Which eventually defines character.

Hopefully, one day you'll "get it".

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
The Cheeto is not a good example of not being stupid...

Yeah Trump ruined this kid. Why bring the President into this couldn't you make up an excuse for Trump too?

Yes. What he did was immature and stupid. That doesn't mean this one immature, stupid moment has to define this kid forever.

President?
"Two Wrongs doesn't make anything right".

It's common sense and application of that common sense. And, accountability.

Which eventually defines character.

Hopefully, one day you'll "get it".

I don't think I'll ever "get it . I'm a lost cause !!! Haha . I'm pulling for the kid . No matter what people might say about him , I never wanna see a kid fail who overcome so much . It was pretty rough but I think that he was overcome with emotion it just came out . Hard to say what anybody would do in that situation . I pulling for him .

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Pretty uncomfortable to watch. Sort of seemed like an attention grab to me. Yelling "we gone get to the quarterback," on stage may have been the most cringeworthy part of it all.

That said, good story and hope he does well. Go Dirty Birds

Yeah Trump ruined this kid. Why bring the President into this couldn't you make up an excuse for Trump too?

Never said he did . I brought up the President because he said some dumb stupid stuff and look where he's out now . I didn't vote for him but I didn't vote for the other guy ... or girl or whatever Hillary is . Are you denying he said it ??? Ok . The point is if a guy can say what Trump said and still become the leader of the free world then the sky's the limit for this kid !!

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Never said he did . I brought up the President because he said some dumb stupid stuff and look where he's out now . I didn't vote for him but I didn't vote for the other guy ... or girl or whatever Hillary is . Are you denying he said it ??? Ok . The point is if a guy can say what Trump said and still become the leader of the free world then the sky's the limit for this kid !!
Yeah he said it, I heard him say it, but my point is you called out others for their comments then turned right around and made your own judgmental comment about them. I hope this kid makes it too but you can't use Trump as an example then blast someone else for doing just what you just did yourself.

The one thing I thought about when watching this last night is how sad would it be to achieve your life long dream and have literally nobody to share it with . Both his parents abandoned him , the person who raised him passed away . Most of his friends would get him in trouble so he probably stays away from them . What's even more sad is how quickly will his parents come out of hiding when he gets his first signing bonus . Sad

Where u come from doesn't give u a pass. This country was built by a lot of folks that came from nothing. Folks that didn't get a free ride to college cuz their azz was put to work in grade school to help the feed the family.

Being proud is great. Humble is a trait that is missing today. A lot of people helped him get to where he is today it was not just him

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.
- John Madden

Last edited:
The one thing I thought about when watching this last night is how sad would it be to achieve your life long dream and have literally nobody to share it with . Both his parents abandoned him , the person who raised him passed away . Most of his friends would get him in trouble so he probably stays away from them . What's even more sad is how quickly will his parents come out of hiding when he gets his first signing bonus . Sad
That we agree on about the family members. That is the sad part.

He is saying he worked hard to achieve his dream and dedicating it to his deceased grandmother. Where's the bad character in that?

He is saying he worked hard to achieve his dream and dedicating it to his deceased grandmother. Where's the bad character in that?

If I was dedicating anything to a family member I would not drop an f bomb. If i did that in front Of my grandmother when she was alive I would have gotten smacked in the mouth and as they say need a new grill

Where u come from doesn't give u a pass. This country was built by a lot of folks that came from nothing. Folks that didn't get a free ride to college cuz their azz was put to work in grade school to help the feed the family.

Being proud is great. Humble is a trait that is missing today. A lot of people helped him get to where he is today it was not just him

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.
- John Madden

co-sign

Yeah Man, we did it man, man, yeah man man,man and man. Amazing how some kids can get into College but can't put a complete sentence together.
Here's the real funny part , He will make more money this year than any of us will make in 3 life times . His dog will live more comfortable than most of us . Last time I checked complete sentences are not a requirement for playing Defensive End in the NFL . I'm sure he will be very concerned about other people's opinion of his grammar while he's sleeping with swimsuit models and driving cars worth more than your house . I think he's doing just fine .

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Stupid post is stupid

Don't think he said it's ok to grab a woman think he said he would like to and show me a man who hasn't said something like that to his buddy and I'll show you someone who doesn't like girls

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT