ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Football team will play game at App State?

No win situation.
Schedule a Texas tech or Louisville type game.
These east Carolinas and App States are duds.

Seriously?!? No-win situation. Can't we schedule someone that most want to see play....especially if we are willing to play at their place. Geesh.

Reactions: cocky4
Miami did this with App State but I think someone backed out on Miami and they didn't have much choice.

If we were going to do a true road game in NC, would have preferred Chapel Hill or Raleigh instead of Boone. By 2025 we will be in the hunt for CFP and need the extra P5 win on our résumé to offset an unexpected SEC loss.

Weren't we supposed to be playing East Carolina in Greenville one or twice over the next few years, but the neutral site games in Charlotte delayed it?

Truthfully, I don't like this either. Would have rather done such a deal with Wake Forest.

Several years back, Nebraska and Southern Miss had a similar 2-for-1 deal. When came time for the game in Hattiesburg, the Huskers offered USM more $$$ to relocate the game to Lincoln or Kansas City. Eagles AD said "no", that he felt losing the extra $$$ was worth it for loyal fans to see USM play a top tier team at home. This predates Ellis Johnson's disastrous stint there.

Snow Trip ?

Just curious have we ever played a game in the snow. I know it was colder than a prostitutes heart in Birmingham vs UConn, same at home against Arky when Blake Mitchell was QB, and Florida during Fat Brad. Coldest ones I remember. It sleeted after “the push off”.

Just curious have we ever played a game in the snow. I know it was colder than a prostitutes heart in Birmingham vs UConn, same at home against Arky when Blake Mitchell was QB, and Florida during Fat Brad. Coldest ones I remember. It sleeted after “the push off”.

Snowed some in the upper decks @ Tillman in 2000, but dissipated before making it to the ground.

Snowed some vs. Tennessee in 2014, but didn't stick. Ward lost that one for us.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ASU played Tennessee to OT not long ago. Got UNC, Clemson, Penn State and others on schedule in future years. I'll take the trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge and enjoy it.

Reactions: Cybercock
Paradise for a naturalist, hunter, fisherman, hiker, caver, skier, etc. I like to take in more than football on a football weekend.

Weren't we supposed to be playing East Carolina in Greenville one or twice over the next few years, but the neutral site games in Charlotte delayed it?

Truthfully, I don't like this either. Would have rather done such a deal with Wake Forest.

Wake's Administration swore they'd never play us again after we took over their stadium in 1987. For those who weren't there, you missed an amazing event.

If we were going to do a true road game in NC, would have preferred Chapel Hill or Raleigh instead of Boone. By 2025 we will be in the hunt for CFP and need the extra P5 win on our résumé to offset an unexpected SEC loss.
Because we'll be the 3-time defending champion?

ADVERTISEMENT