ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Football team will play game at App State?

I hear Sparky Woods has already agreed to do the ceremonial coin toss for the game in Boone.
That would be fitting. I attended ASU for my first 2 years before transferring to USC to finish. Sparky had some damn good teams at App and i think he shouldve been given a couple more years here. We surely got worse with fat bastard coaching.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
That would be fitting. I attended ASU for my first 2 years before transferring to USC to finish. Sparky had some damn good teams at App and i think he shouldve been given a couple more years here. We surely got worse with fat bastard coaching.
Yeah he did. Sparky had a tough stint at VMI, pretty bad record it seems. He is an assistant at Richmond now. Worse places to be than Richmond Va. Wish him well.
http://richmondspiders.com/coaches.aspx?rc=463&path=football

Wake's Administration swore they'd never play us again after we took over their stadium in 1987. For those who weren't there, you missed an amazing event.
Two points:
  1. The Wake administration "invited" USC fans to come - "plenty of room". Reap what you sow?
  2. Is the same administration still in place 30 years later?

What makes you think we won't play them also? I doubt this is in place of them.

Dont I remember that Muschamp told Ray never to schedule any more option teams? If true, it's about time. There is absolutely nothing to gain by playing those games. And there is everything to lose (see: Citadel). Not to mention that cut blocking is still allowed -- for whatever reason -- and injuries are more likely to occur.

Reactions: rogue cock
Two points:
  1. The Wake administration "invited" USC fans to come - "plenty of room". Reap what you sow?
  2. Is the same administration still in place 30 years later?
I live about an hour from Wake and we took the church youth to a game there a few years ago. I can see us taking over that stadium....sorry I missed that one. I told the youth that this wasn't a real college game. They thought I was crazy.....

I wonder how quickly that game 2025 will be moved to Charlotte???

If you thought BOA Stadium was empty for the NC State game, how empty do you think it will be if the opponent is App State with the average ticket price being $100? I live just outside of Charlotte in Denver so I'm about the same distance from Boone as I am Columbia. While watching us play in Boone does appeal to me a little bit, I'm not betting on the game happening. I think it will probably get canceled like the ECU game in Greenville that was supposed to be this year or next.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If you thought BOA Stadium was empty for the NC State game, how empty do you think it will be if the opponent is App State with the average ticket price being $100? I live just outside of Charlotte in Denver so I'm about the same distance from Boone as I am Columbia. While watching us play in Boone does appeal to me a little bit, I'm not betting on the game happening. I think it will probably get canceled like the ECU game in Greenville that was supposed to be this year or next.
I think a trip to Boone for a football game might be kinda fun. That's a beautiful area and I could enjoy the area before and after the game.

I think a trip to Boone for a football game might be kinda fun. That's a beautiful area and I could enjoy the area before and after the game.

Agree. I just hope they don't schedule it at the peak of color season. As beautiful as it is, traffic and parking will be a nightmare.

Would it make any difference in ticket prices in that the NCSU game was neutral site from the get-go, and if ASU were to move it to Charlotte, it would be a home game for them and they would be administering it all?

Would it make any difference in ticket prices in that the NCSU game was neutral site from the get-go, and if ASU were to move it to Charlotte, it would be a home game for them and they would be administering it all?

I'm thinking no since the games in Charlotte have a sponsor and are a joint venture between Belk and the Charlotte Sports Foundation (or whatever it's called) and the foundation is the one that sets the ticket prices. I actually got into a back and forth email exchange with the President of the CSF prior to the UNC game over the ticket prices and the idiotic decision to move that game to Thursday. I'm pretty sure that if it were moved to Charlotte, there would be some financial incentive for both teams to do so, but maybe more so for App since they would be giving up a home game.

I'm thinking no since the games in Charlotte have a sponsor and are a joint venture between Belk and the Charlotte Sports Foundation (or whatever it's called) and the foundation is the one that sets the ticket prices. I actually got into a back and forth email exchange with the President of the CSF prior to the UNC game over the ticket prices and the idiotic decision to move that game to Thursday. I'm pretty sure that if it were moved to Charlotte, there would be some financial incentive for both teams to do so, but maybe more so for App since they would be giving up a home game.

Those games in Charlotte opening weekend are explicitly sponsored by the CSF, which seems to me would have nothing to do with an ASU home game relocated to the Queen City. Is our game scheduled for the opening weekend? If so, I do see a problem of a potential time conflict, and why my question could be confusing.

Those games in Charlotte opening weekend are explicitly sponsored by the CSF, which seems to me would have nothing to do with an ASU home game relocated to the Queen City. Is our game scheduled for the opening weekend? If so, I do see a problem of a potential time conflict, and why my question could be confusing.

To my knowledge, all of our opponents for that season haven’t been set so I don’t know if it would be opening weekend. I would hope not because that would be lame opener regardless of where it’s played.

App St Stadium

UTp7FuM.jpg

Reactions: coolcock2001
That's not it.

Sure it is, thats the new stadium seating thats planned for the renovations in 2020, should be good to go by the time the Gamecocks arrive in Boone.

App lost by 21 to the dawgs last year and USC lost to them by 14 so it should be a pretty good game.

Last edited:
Sure it is, thats the new stadium seating thats planned for the renovations in 2020, should be good to go by the time the Gamecocks arrive in Boone.

App lost by 21 to the dawgs last year and USC lost to them by 14 so it should be a pretty good game.
Everything I have looks huge when you use a fish eye lens like that ! Those people in the end zones will fall out of their seats!

Reactions: heelzfor2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT