ADVERTISEMENT

Sick of Dabo and all of the media(including local), making excuses for the Tiger trio. So they are

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
are so puzzled, so perplexed, as to how this substance got into these choir-boys` system. Korn and others keep saying Lawrence has never caused a problem, yada yada yada. Hey, did Lance Armstrong cause any problems. McGwire, Palmeiro, Clemens, etc.? What the heck does that have to do with anything? Plenty of people don`t have any issues until they are caught with something, or doing something. Dabo - you know he`s gonna spin drug arrests, woman-beating, pot-smoking, whatever. I am so glad they got busted! It`s time to quit giving these guys a pass just because Dabo is such a wonderful human-being, likely the greatest coach of all-time. Nauseating.

You allowed Lakip to come back the next year. He was the hardcore cocaine dealer or snorter or some such foolishness. Dabo the great sure was tough on that one. Really taught him a lesson!lol

I agree with OP! The media whitewash on this scandal is disgusting. 3 positive tests is indicative of a systematic issue. I'd bet a ton there are at least 30 players in their program using that crap. But you have the 13th disciple out there crying my kids are perfect the dog really did eat the homework. Not one so called journalists has questioned this pathetic obfuscation. Not one so called journalists has asked Dabo or the AD if they will test all their players for SARMs. 3 out of 3 verified positive test is not some mistake or accidental contamination.

I agree with OP! The media whitewash on this scandal is disgusting. 3 positive tests is indicative of a systematic issue. I'd bet a ton there are at least 30 players in their program using that crap. But you have the 13th disciple out there crying my kids are perfect the dog really did eat the homework. Not one so called journalists has questioned this pathetic obfuscation. Not one so called journalists has asked Dabo or the AD if they will test all their players for SARMs. 3 out of 3 verified positive test is not some mistake or accidental contamination.

Korn and the new Yankee are bought and paid for. The State only attacks the local team. The Post and Courier, please. The Greenville news, forget it.

Yes ,all media is up clemson butt. Come on the media has done nothing but make this a big story all week. Take off the garnet glasses for a second.

Reactions: ddw1263
Sports is just like politics now a days. If the media isnt over the top confrontational then they're just kissing their ass.

Reactions: Superior7
Did they test only 3 players? Or did they test 45 players and only 3 positive? 3 positive means to me that more players should be tested.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Did they test only 3 players? Or did they test 45 players and only 3 positive? 3 positive means to me that more players should be tested.

They tested 18 and 3 were hot. 17% of those tested failed.
Dexter is A PROVEN PED DRUG CHEAT.
You can bet clem woulda lost 20 players if they tested the entire team.

I heard on the radio this morning Dabo taking about D. Lawrence saying he is the sweetest young man you will ever meet.
And? I mean he didnt kill anybody. He got in trouble for it and is not playing in the game.But, some of yall act like he is on the 10 most wanted list .

Take off your orange ones.

Jeff has no orange in him. He is just not seeing the big picture. Once he gets past the superficial, he will see the media has failed miserably here. There pertinent questions were simply not asked. Dabo was never pressed as he mouthed that all my kids are perfect choir boys nonsense.

The media has done nothing but perpetuate conspiracy theories about how these guys are innocent. The local media has not asked ANY tough questions of the almighty Dabo. 20%-30% of their team just got busted for STEROIDS. This is a softball story to finally punch Clemson for once but they can’t do it.

They aren’t reporting on any facts of this drug.

#1 like how it isn’t found in hair gel LMAO.
#2 like how it is illegal to possess.
#3 how it hasn’t passed the FDA yet and no one knows the long term side effects of this drug.

South Carolina got more negative publicity that bar fight allegedly involving Deebo and Skai that never happened.

Take off your orange ones.

Jeff has no orange in him. He is just not seeing the big picture. Once he gets past the superficial, he will see the media has failed miserably here. There pertinent questions were simply not asked. Dabo was never pressed as he mouthed that all my kids are perfect choir boys nonsense.

He must be the blindest Gamecock fan on the planet then. He also comes to Clemson's defense A LOT.

I'm talking to a clemson fan who says the media has been all over clemson about this. It just depends on which colored glasses you have on.

are so puzzled, so perplexed, as to how this substance got into these choir-boys` system. Korn and others keep saying Lawrence has never caused a problem, yada yada yada. Hey, did Lance Armstrong cause any problems. McGwire, Palmeiro, Clemens, etc.? What the heck does that have to do with anything? Plenty of people don`t have any issues until they are caught with something, or doing something. Dabo - you know he`s gonna spin drug arrests, woman-beating, pot-smoking, whatever. I am so glad they got busted! It`s time to quit giving these guys a pass just because Dabo is such a wonderful human-being, likely the greatest coach of all-time. Nauseating.
I know that this is a gamecock forum and thus any negative publicity for Clemson will be magnified here. I'm perplexed at the accusations that you are making for criminal behavior under Dabo's administration that were not met with some sort of repercussion. Fill me in. Happy New Year!

Reactions: Zann77
I'm talking to a clemson fan who says the media has been all over clemson about this. It just depends on which colored glasses you have on.
These Clemson fans also think the NCAA hates them, ND or SC rigged the drug tests against them, it’s in Hair products, and maybe they were poisened lol. They can’t accept that they cheated. The media has thrown them nothing but softball questions.

Reactions: FlotownRooster

From the ESPN article:

"Meanwhile, coach Dabo Swinney said the school was investigating potential ways the substance could have been consumed without knowledge by the suspended players, including looking at supplements, treatment including its salt-water float pool and aspects of treatment Lawrence received following offseason surgery.

The substance, ostarine, is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration and is not legally for sale in the United States. There have been instances, however, of the drug being used in supplements without being included on the label. Clemson players said this week that the school closely monitors what supplements are made available to players, and all players have a list of what has been approved by the training staff."

Any article that doesn't question the lone theory being promulgated by Dabo and Clempson that this is "all one big mistake" (gosh and golly geez we are a bunch of angels) and that these and possibly other Clempson players weren't purposely taking the PED's to gain an advantage is being up Clempson butt.

Agreed. It's pretty easy to figure out this isnt some accident. The most logical conclusion is the 3 players knowingly took an illegal substance. It's really that simple. This product does not mysteriously show up in salt immersion pools or any other bullshit. This is not a common substance.
I would agree it is a stretch to link Dabo but not a stretch to say he is clearly full of shit when talking about this and the bogus launching of an internal investigation. Everyone knows the results will be 'we have found no evidence of wrongdoing by our staff and are still flummoxed at the presence of a minuscule amount of this drug.'

Sports is just like politics now a days. If the media isnt over the top confrontational then they're just kissing their ass.
I normally agree with you but not on this one. Did you watch ESPN last night between bowl games and halftime coverage? Rinaldi kept reminding everyone that Lawrence came out and answered every press question like he should win a major award. The studio guys were quick to remind us how amazing Clemson is as a football program before covering the drug details. The real question is how Clemson homer Herbstreit will respond. Probably will give the Dabo response: "Great kid from great family. Great student (graduated in a year and a half and is finishing up PHD) and great teammate".

I'm not losing sleep over any of this but ESPN does kiss their rears-especially Herbstreit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT