ADVERTISEMENT

Silva, senior day, and a look back

I've never watched another Gamecock basketball player with as much interest as Chris Silva. His occasional bad game is more frustrating than any other player as well. The brush with the BB gun almost upended one of the best success stories in Gamecock basketball. Not everyone on this forum welcomed Frank's response to that but he did the right thing. How many other inside players have improved their outside shot, including the 3, or become the best foul shot on the team?

One thing I will not miss is the anger at SEC refs who decide who is foul prone and set out to prove it. Shame on the whole bunch.

We are going to miss him.

(Regarding desire and motor);
Silva and Carerra - Love those two players!!

Silva's improvement at the freethrow line over the years has been nothing short of miraculous!!

Will always remember his quote that I read about from him shortly after coming to America; "Coach, I go NBA." If that's still his desire, sincerely, sincerely hope he gets his shot and has success. Good luck young man, and thank you for being a Gamecock!!!

He's one of the best players to ever play for South Carolina. Not on the Mount Rushmore, but he should be on any top 20 list.

Reactions: GandBinNC
Post McGuire Mt. Rushmore (starting five)? I'll say:

Chris Sliva
Jimmy Foster
Devon Downey
Sin Thornwell
Renaldo Balkman

BJ McKie, Larry Davis, Melvin Watson anyone?
McKie alone being the top scorer in gamecock history should put him on that list!

Reactions: classof95#
BJ McKie, Larry Davis, Melvin Watson anyone?
McKie alone being the top scorer in gamecock history should put him on that list!
I liked Davis, but wouldn't include him in the discussion...being a 2 year player hurt. But, I'd take either McKie or Melvin over Balkman on a Mt. Rushmore scenario.

I liked Davis, but wouldn't include him in the discussion...being a 2 year player hurt. But, I'd take either McKie or Melvin over Balkman on a Mt. Rushmore scenario.

Agree. Trade Balkman for McKie. I wouldn't trade any of the other four though. I would give a slight edge to Downey over Watson for PG duties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT