ADVERTISEMENT

Similarities between USC football and recent storm

uscjunkie36

Aug 21, 2009
I think just like the storm that South Carolina has encountered was an anomaly, so too was the three 11 win seasons. In both cases, it was the perfect storm. During the three years that USC produced 11 win seasons, it also had recruits from the state of SC that have proven to be exceptional talents. That hasn't been the case in the state of SC recently and the guys we have gotten haven't been all that good. Now it is debatable whether that run of great players made the coaching look better than it really was or the coaches turned these good players into NFL talent. I tend to think we had a strong run of GREAT SC talent that made the coaching staff at SC look brilliant. Since that pipeline of great talent has dried up we have seen just how bad the coaching really is and no talent developing is actually occurring with the subpar talent that is on this team currently. If you look at the defensive line of USC there isn't one guy that would start for any other SEC team. The defensive backs look lost most of the time and have for the last two years. We are starting a walk-on QB because the starter is hurt but even so the starter didn't look one bit better than the walk-on. We have another QB that was recruited from a high school team that ran the option. Can anyone tell me why we offered an option QB when we all know Spurrier can't help himself but to throw it at some point in every game? There aren't any receivers on this team that are exceptional talents other than Cooper. The RB's are average at best. I mean this is honestly where we stand after 11 years of Steve Spurrier. I don't feel anything I have said is over dramatized. This is just a bad football team all the way around. Coaching, talent, recruiting, effort have all been issues and you have to ask yourself when is enough going to be enough? "It is what it is," just isn't good enough anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT