ADVERTISEMENT

Smart keeping starters in and throwing

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Up 4tds, and then throws shots at the beginning of the quarter. I’m all for running your offense, but that’s bush league. If your backups were doing it, ok. But your starters... I’d have to ring a few bells after plays the rest of the game

Reactions: pettyw
I am never bothered by the other team trying. They have a first year QB (for them anyway) who needs to play. I am much more bothered when my team stops trying. Not saying that was the case tonight but if we are getting blown out and quit, then I’m much more bothered by my team than theirs.

Smart said in his postgame on field interview that they didn’t ask a lot of the qb tonight and the run game was his friend. Our defense wasn’t fully funded tonight, and it wasn’t good this season when it was fully funded. The dawgs knew they could score at will, and they did. Could have won this game with any of us playing qb.

How much longer until y’all fire Smart? Honest question btw... heck if Richt was fired averaging 10 wins a year, how long will y’all give Kirby
We'll hang with Kirby for a while. He's been here five years with one SEC Championship and one National Championship Game appearance. 2020 will be 2020*. I would think South Carolina would see that as a bright spot.

Reactions: garnet_reign
Hate it. But don't have an issue with it. USC has 11 on the field. It is their job to stop them. And Kirby probably did them a favor by passing. Heck he could have been cruel and kept running the zone like they did on 90% of the plays to that point where UGA was gashing for 10, 20 yard gains at will. It was just a mismatch from a talent standpoint. There isn't an answer for that.

Up 4tds, and then throws shots at the beginning of the quarter. I’m all for running your offense, but that’s bush league. If your backups were doing it, ok. But your starters... I’d have to ring a few bells after plays the rest of the game

Lol it's their new quarterbacks second game after coming off an 18 month injury where he lost his starting job because of his injury. Uga has sucked at Qb all year, of course they are going to keep their new starter in the game. It's not like they were running trick plays, throwing bombs, etc.... All other players in the game were second or third team players. I think I heard that the guy who caught the last touchdown was his first ever catch for Georgia. On their last drive they ran it like 10 times in a row right up the middle and then took a knee instead of scoring again. While Bobo went for it twice on fourth down trying to score another touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Lol it's their new quarterbacks second game after coming off an 18 month injury where he lost his starting job because of his injury. Uga has sucked at Qb all year, of course they are going to keep their new starter in the game. It's not like they were running trick plays, throwing bombs, etc.... All other players in the game were second or third team players. I think I heard that the guy who caught the last touchdown was his first ever catch for Georgia. On their last drive they ran it like 10 times in a row right up the middle and then took a knee instead of scoring again. While Bobo went for it twice on fourth down trying to score another touchdown in the fourth quarter.

You mean being down 5tds Bobo shouldn’t have gone for it on UGA side of the 50???

If you honestly think that UGa wasn’t trying to score again on the last drive when they got it inside the 5, you’d be blind to the truth. The only reason they didn’t because there was a minute left after they picked up the first down... At that point it would equate to shooting 3s at the buzzer in a basketball game...

And to your other point... You mean being down 5tds Bobo shouldn’t have gone for it on UGA side of the 50??? Midway in the fourth???

UGA could and did take it to the house by running between the tackles. Not sure what Kirby is supposed to do.

UGA could and did take it to the house by running between the tackles. Not sure what Kirby is supposed to do.
Georgia ran 62 plays. 46 of those were runs, mostly between the tackles. Hardly a "run it up" strategy. I can understand the SC fan frustration but it's pretty evident to anyone trying to be even remotely objective that Kirby wasn't looking to embarrass SC or Mike Bobo.

Good grief you guys complaining are a bunch of cry babies. Who gives a $hit if they are still playing the game hard? Man...freaking losers whine about wanting mercy. I used to find it offensive when a team let up. I get kneeling when the clock can be run out. But UGA would’ve almost had to intentionally try not to score. If they ran the ball...we had about 4-5 plays where they ran up the gut and we didn’t even touch the guy.

People who get upset about scores being run up are the people who have the scores run up on them. It’s football, not golf. There’s no etiquette involved. You play to win....or at least some teams do. Other teams choose not to use all of their allotted practices after they claim they will never be outworked again. Rather than throw shade at UGA, maybe you should be more worried about the crap team that’s playing Georgia.

Reactions: tngamecock#
What is ridiculous about this is. They are complaining about UGA scoring at the start of the 4th quarter. Everybody tries to score at the start of the 4th. God bless Kirby Smart, he could have easily scored at the end of the game if he wanted too.

Reactions: DrMickey
Blind??? They freaking threw a 50yrd td on the first play of the quarter up 4tds... that wasn’t running out the clock 🤦🏻‍♂️
Guys you know if we were in the same spot do you think we would take a knee, no we like to score points. Smart could have scored on the last possession but he didn't. I don't like the dogs anymore that you(I live on the border, North Augusta) I hear barking all the time but give em a break.

Guys you know if we were in the same spot do you think we would take a knee, no we like to score points. Smart could have scored on the last possession but he didn't. I don't like the dogs anymore that you(I live on the border, North Augusta) I hear barking all the time but give em a break.

I equate last night to us against Vandy... (hard to swallow even comparing them and us) but we let up almost the whole 4th quarter against them. Vandy was in the same situation as we are when we played them, last night we were missing 25 scholarship guys last night. 19 of them were either starters or on the 2-deep. I don’t have a problem with them scoring if they are running the ball. It’s the 50yrd td shot they took at the beginning of the 4th... that to me was one of those rub your nose in it type plays is all I’m saying.

I don’t have a problem with them scoring if they are running the ball. It’s the 50yrd td shot they took at the beginning of the 4th... that to me was one of those rub your nose in it type plays is all I’m saying.

It's truly pathetic that our program has fallen to the point that people are complaining about the other team passing the ball at the BEGINNING of the 4th quarter.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I equate last night to us against Vandy... (hard to swallow even comparing them and us) but we let up almost the whole 4th quarter against them. Vandy was in the same situation as we are when we played them, last night we were missing 25 scholarship guys last night. 19 of them were either starters or on the 2-deep. I don’t have a problem with them scoring if they are running the ball. It’s the 50yrd td shot they took at the beginning of the 4th... that to me was one of those rub your nose in it type plays is all I’m saying.

It was 30 yards on a 1stn20. We ran a reverse with Joyner up 27 with 10 mins to go. Did you think a trick play was "rubbing it in"? This is football. Your anger is misplaced. Be angry at Tittle 9 Tanner and Muchamp. eww I feel like I'm taking up for a dog. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Cocky4SC
I actually felt like Kirby was feeling bad for us. Sounds crazy but him passing was his way of going easy on us.

We'll hang with Kirby for a while. He's been here five years with one SEC Championship and one National Championship Game appearance. 2020 will be 2020*. I would think South Carolina would see that as a bright spot.
Kirby Smart is CWM with players.......He will be gone in less than 5 years..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT