ADVERTISEMENT

So are we now out of the Top 25 ? Seriously ? ...

Thought we were out last week in the Baseball America poll.

this team should not be in it, they were overrated based on the great legacy that was Gamecock Baseball, get used to it. with a steady dose of 20 loss seasons ahead..
And at the same time watch Clemson be a top 8 seed.

Reactions: cockofdawn
this team should not be in it, they were overrated based on the great legacy that was Gamecock Baseball, get used to it. with a steady dose of 20 loss seasons ahead..
OMG...that just reminded me of several years ago when we were laughing at the school up north and making bets on whether they would have 20 losses before they picked up their 30th win. My, oh, my, how times have changed.

He would have done the same thing here.
THAT MAKES IT WORSE!!!
giphy.gif

He's good.
Monte seems to have a good way with his players. I swear, from what little bit I have seen of Clemson, and moreso from what I read about their wins , they look much more like our Tanner teams than than what we have now. He seems to have learned some things from Ray , whereas Holbrook .....well.... i just dont see it. Someone tell me if I am blind, please.......

Reactions: rogue cock
Monte seems to have a good way with his players. I swear, from what little bit I have seen of Clemson, and moreso from what I read about their wins , they look much more like our Tanner teams than than what we have now. He seems to have learned some things from Ray , whereas Holbrook .....well.... i just dont see it. Someone tell me if I am blind, please.......
No, you're not blind. His kids are playing loose, having fun...and as he said "eat pressure like candy." They aren't as talented as we are...especially their pitching...but he has them playing as a team and having fun. So, yeah, a lot like Tanner.

This is where I disagree. While I am losing some hope for this year, ,I think our program still has enough talent for now to avoid a long term depression .

To make it "worser"....he was ours to lose!

I've said it too many times. I love Coach Ray Tanner. AD Ray Tanner? Not so much. He really screwed the pooch by choosing Holbrook over Lee, and Muschamp bailed him out on the football hire after Hermann and Smart played him like a fiddle. I have no idea who he would have ultimately hired had Muschamp not been available. Anyway, back to Lee. Was Lee even considered or interviewed?

You know what can be worserer?!?!? Clemtech gets to Omaha and wins. :eek::mad::confused:
I'm not going to be surprised if that happens. They always seem to find a way to win this season. Reminds me of those teams we used to have not too many years ago.

Clemson lost the series against a very average FSU team on the road. Let's see how they do at UNC this weekend. They aren't the same team away from home and quite frankly they haven't played any really good teams at home. Its coming up with Louisville playing at Clemson. If they get swept by either and lose 2 of 3 to the other they may not get a national seed. UNC , Louisville will get one. So 6 left. Oregon State and TCU get one. 4 left. I think long beach state gets one, so 3 left. Auburn gets one. 2 left. I think 1 more SEC team gets one. Miss State or Kentucky. One left. Maybe it's Clemson maybe not.

And in the last three posts, you can see how far our baseball program has fallen. We aren't talking about our chances, the strength of our bullpen, who we have to play to make it, etc.

I've said it too many times. I love Coach Ray Tanner. AD Ray Tanner? Not so much. He really screwed the pooch by choosing Holbrook over Lee, and Muschamp bailed him out on the football hire after Hermann and Smart played him like a fiddle. I have no idea who he would have ultimately hired had Muschamp not been available. Anyway, back to Lee. Was Lee even considered or interviewed?

I will bet you enjoyed the final four and a championship by our ladies. Ray looks pretty good to me....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT