ADVERTISEMENT

So as I sip my coffee this morning......

tngamecock#

Sep 10, 2000
It taste a little better because we won. But I feel like Sybil as I sit here thinking through the season so far.....Let's see shall we:
- I was pissed yesterday watching our game and thought omg we suck......hated everything and everybody when the 4th quarter started:)
- I didn't want to talk to my wife......she kept saying are you mad at me (realizing after 33 years of marriage she still doesn't get what SC football means to me.
- We started coming back, I gained hope, we won...........whew!
- Still wasn't "happy".....but could now sleep last night
- Started trying to rationalize this year's team.......
- Started looking around at all the other teams (or most) that have squeaked out wins over teams they should beat this year
- Remembered back in '84 when we barely beat the Citadel in the last minutes to open the season, and feeling this same way.......only to go on and win 10 games
- Started thinking Bentley makes a lot of throws that need work (like turning receivers around, throwing short, etc).........then realized, he's not played a full season of games yet.
- Started looking at other teams defenses and thought we are far behind on talent, but I see effort, and overall the D has kept us in games......seeing lots of new blood......so have hope there to keep improving, but glad we don't play Bama this year.
- At the start of the 4th quarter, I said no way in hell I'm getting on FGF tonight (that's how I deal with losses these days and it works for me)
- After the game, I got on to see what others were thinking.....were you as confused about where we are as me?????
- I read all these BS posts from out typicals saying fire WM now.......laughable, pitiful people
- I realize, the talent we mostly see on the field, the names that give me hope for the future, are all WM recruited in his brief 1.5 recruiting classes. (O Smith, Edwards, S Smith, Dowdle/Turner/T Williams, Bentley, and some or our defensive personnel that are no names, but growing up...........
- I'm not sold on Roper as OC, but still not off the ship just yet......you see, I watched other games, and see people running the same stuff (like say, UGA). The difference is, the teams with loaded talent, their offensive scheme works more consistently............so is it Roper, or talent (or both).....we'll know soon enough.
- I started thinking we can win 5-6 more games this year, then started thinking we could lose 5-6 more games this year.............that's how fragile we are right now
- WM is revamping the roster, and the kids he's bringing in though young, are starting to step up
- Coming from behind like that yesterday was bigger than we can imagine, for this team anyway (regardless of the opponent)
- We thought 6-7 wins this year at the beginning was realistic.......the NCSU / Mizzou games gave us a little to much false expectations
- NCSU win looks much better after they beat FSU
- I thought KY loss didn't look as bad as they were getting ready to beat UF, then blew it......so that loss looks bad again
- The fire somebody/anybody crowd are morons at this point (now if we keep playing ball like we did the past game and 3/4 game, I'll be with you at some point.........but it ain't this year).
- Lastly, love my Gamecocks and long for one of those magical years soon........I hope we get there.
-

Good observations but don't let the Gamecocks come between you and your wife...definitely not worth it...turn it off and watch another game if you have to in order to keep the peace.

Reactions: tngamecock#
It taste a little better because we won. But I feel like Sybil as I sit here thinking through the season so far.....Let's see shall we:
- I was pissed yesterday watching our game and thought omg we suck......hated everything and everybody when the 4th quarter started:)
- I didn't want to talk to my wife......she kept saying are you mad at me (realizing after 33 years of marriage she still doesn't get what SC football means to me.
- Started looking around at all the other teams (or most) that have squeaked out wins over teams they should beat this year
- Remembered back in '84 when we barely beat the Citadel in the last minutes to open the season, and feeling this same way.......only to go on and win 10 games
- Started thinking Bentley makes a lot of throws that need work (like turning receivers around, throwing short, etc).........then realized, he's not played a full season of games yet.
- Started looking at other teams defenses and thought we are far behind on talent, but I see effort, and overall the D has kept us in games......seeing lots of new blood......so have hope there to keep improving, but glad we don't play Bama this year.
- At the start of the 4th quarter, I said no way in hell I'm getting on FGF tonight (that's how I deal with losses these days and it works for me)
- After the game, I got on to see what others were thinking.....were you as confused about where we are as me?????
- I read all these BS posts from out typicals saying fire WM now.......laughable, pitiful people
- I realize, the talent we mostly see on the field, the names that give me hope for the future, are all WM recruited in his brief 1.5 recruiting classes. (O Smith, Edwards, S Smith, Dowdle/Turner/T Williams, Bentley, and some or our defensive personnel that are no names, but growing up...........
- I'm not sold on Roper as OC, but still not off the ship just yet......you see, I watched other games, and see people running the same stuff (like say, UGA). The difference is, the teams with loaded talent, their offensive scheme works more consistently............so is it Roper, or talent (or both).....we'll know soon enough.
- I started thinking we can win 5-6 more games this year, then started thinking we could lose 5-6 more games this year.............that's how fragile we are right now
- WM is revamping the roster, and the kids he's bringing in though young, are starting to step up
- Coming from behind like that yesterday was bigger than we can imagine, for this team anyway (regardless of the opponent)
- We thought 6-7 wins this year at the beginning was realistic.......the NCSU / Mizzou games gave us a little to much false expectations
- I thought KY loss didn't look as bad as they were getting ready to beat UF, then blew it......so that loss looks bad again
- The fire somebody/anybody crowd are morons at this point (now if we keep playing ball like we did the past game and 3/4 game, I'll be with you at some point.........but it ain't this year).
- Lastly, love my Gamecocks and long for one of those magical years soon........I hope we get there.
-
I was with you until the "fire somebody" crowd being morons. The road goes both ways my friend; we the "fire somebody" crowd think the "he's a great coach" crowd are morons as well. But that's ok -- that's what keeps the board lively. But let's not attack one another personally for individual beliefs.

I was with you until the "fire somebody" crowd being morons. The road goes both ways my friend; we the "fire somebody" crowd think the "he's a great coach" crowd are morons as well. But that's ok -- that's what keeps the board lively. But let's not attack one another personally for individual beliefs.

I stated "at this point" after the moron comment. You know, I actually agree with you........but anyone saying fire Muschamp now is just plain wrong. I'm not saying he's going to work out and only time will tell...............but he's done a very good job to date, but has a long way to go. So let's give him time. He doesn't deserve a long term contract right now, but he doesn't deserve the "fire him" chatter at all. Moron maybe too strong a word......how about "irrational."

-
Well done. Those magical years were compliments of Steve Spurrier and it is really pathetic to see the kind of criticism he is subjected to on this board.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I stated "at this point" after the moron comment. You know, I actually agree with you........but anyone saying fire Muschamp now is just plain wrong. I'm not saying he's going to work out and only time will tell...............but he's done a very good job to date, but has a long way to go. So let's give him time. He doesn't deserve a long term contract right now, but he doesn't deserve the "fire him" chatter at all. Moron maybe too strong a word......how about "irrational."
That works for me. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT