ADVERTISEMENT

So Beamer has been a position coach for 15 years

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
And now he's SEC head coaching material? No one, I mean no one, is coveting this guy for any position on any staff and we're giving him the keys to the car. Ray's last parting gift to us before retirement in 4 years. This is equivalent to the Steve Fig Newton or Sparky hire-and may be worse. At least King Dixon (RIP) was only our AD for a few years before McGee took over. Ray on the other hand by 2024 will have had 12 years to completely dismantle Carolina major mens sports.

Last edited:
And now he's SEC head coaching material? No one, I mean no one, is coveting this guy for any position on any staff and we're giving him the keys to the car. Ray's last parting gift to us before retirement in 4 years. This is equivalent to the Steve Fig Newton or Sparky hire-and may be worse. At least King Dixon (RIP) was only our AD for a few years before McGee took over. Ray on the other hand by 2024 will have had 12 years to completely dismantle Carolina major mens sports.
What’s the problem? Hell Dabo was a real estate agent not even a damn Broker, or a position coach and look at them now!!!

He turned down 2 group of 5 schools and will be a hot candidate this year. One group of 5 ad said he would hire beamer on the spot and he will be up for the vt and Tennessee jobs if they open. Beamer is destined to be a championship hc and has spent his whole life preparing for the right job to take. At 12 years old when everyone was playing football in the neighborhood he was calling in plays to his sister to run in the game. Now if that isnt hc material idc what is. I am petty sure the sabans belichicks dabos and days of the game weren't calling in plays during pick up football games at 12.

More lies an exaggerations. Repeating the same non-truths in every thread does not make them suddenly correct.

Reactions: budman1976
He turned down 2 group of 5 schools and will be a hot candidate this year. One group of 5 ad said he would hire beamer on the spot and he will be up for the vt and Tennessee jobs if they open. Beamer is destined to be a championship hc and has spent his whole life preparing for the right job to take. At 12 years old when everyone was playing football in the neighborhood he was calling in plays to his sister to run in the game. Now if that isnt hc material idc what is. I am petty sure the sabans belichicks dabos and days of the game weren't calling in plays during pick up football games at 12.
Wait, this WAS a joke, right? Right???

I don't think its that bad, but I'd rather have Napier or Chadwell. Probably Chadwell because I think we have give him a 3-4 year contract for $10 million - heavy on incentives to see what he can do.

A Chanticleer is the biggest Rooster in the barnyard too.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nice to hear from you Frank.

On the job training for the AD and the head football coach. ...Tanner, well, we all know his track record as AD. We can’t go down the Beamer road can we?

How long have u been married?.....in a way, yer a position coach:)

Not repeating the same BS over and over!! We get it, you don't like Beamer.. Enough already.
He's been a position coach for 15 years. First time I've mentioned that in a post or thread. So I am bringing up new points thank you. No one is forcing you to read it.

What’s the problem? Hell Dabo was a real estate agent not even a damn Broker, or a position coach and look at them now!!!

So you think Beamer = Dabo? Just because Clemson got lucky does not mean the Dabo hire is a blueprint.

Beamer could end up being like Dabo if given the chance. A lot of similarities, and both good recruiters. Key, Dabo hired great coordinators, and that is what Beamer would have to do, hire a great staff around him. Dabo used God and religion and the Mom's to get all those 5-star players and maybe Beamer might have to do that. That said, I would be happy with either Beamer, Chadwell or Napier. The edge for Beamer for me is that he coached here, knows the area and coaches. And you have to have players liking the coach to put out 110% effort and play for him. The ex-players endorsing him like Lattimore, Swearinger, Devonte, means a lot, IMO.

And hey, people, we only go 2 , that's 2 wins, I just hope one of them will accept the job. Go cocks!

Beamer could end up being like Dabo if given the chance. A lot of similarities, and both good recruiters. Key, Dabo hired great coordinators, and that is what Beamer would have to do, hire a great staff around him. Dabo used God and religion and the Mom's to get all those 5-star players and maybe Beamer might have to do that. That said, I would be happy with either Beamer, Chadwell or Napier. The edge for Beamer for me is that he coached here, knows the area and coaches. And you have to have players liking the coach to put out 110% effort and play for him. The ex-players endorsing him like Lattimore, Swearinger, Devonte, means a lot, IMO.
Beamer could end up like Dabo? I'm not a Dabo fan but come on. Stars aligned perfectly for him at Clemson in a very winnable conference. SEC does have weak teams but still have Bama, Florida and LSU (most years they are solid like last year). Beamer is taking over a two win team (4 win team from previous year). Major, major rebuilding job. Clemson was winning 8 games a year and beating us under Bowden-what got him canned was losing to inferior teams too often like Wake Forest and Duke. And previous players' input means little to me. I respect those guys but just because they like somebody doesn't mean we hire them.

Beamer could end up like Dabo? I'm not a Dabo fan but come on. Stars aligned perfectly for him at Clemson in a very winnable conference. SEC does have weak teams but still have Bama, Florida and LSU (most years they are solid like last year). Beamer is taking over a two win team (4 win team from previous year). Major, major rebuilding job. Clemson was winning 8 games a year and beating us under Bowden-what got him canned was losing to inferior teams too often like Wake Forest and Duke. And previous players' input means little to me. I respect those guys but just because they like somebody doesn't mean we hire them.

It blows me away how simple minded some of our fans are. Duhrrr let's hire Beamer because it's the Clemson way of doing things. Not discounting they are literally two different people. Folks obsess over this mythical "CEO Approach" too much, like what does that even mean lol. You can either get the job done or not.

Reactions: sclawman77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT