ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
For starters, if it's just a publicity stunt, it won't matter in August. Tebow "was" a very good athlete, so I'm not sure I doubt his chances of playing TE for the Jags, who have been horrendous lately. As for Clowney, he probably just needs to keep his mouth shut until he himself lives up to his own hype, which has never materialized because he appears to be adverse to learning techniques as well as daily coaching from way back. Dez Bryant, "so Tebow haven't played in the NFL"? Dang man, the question is not did you graduate from college, it's more like were you ever awake in 3rd grade grammar class? RollLaugh

Maybe Clowney and Dez don’t deserve the opportunity. Only one of the 3 won a Heisman and it wasn’t either of them. What owners do with their money is none of the players business. They can hire whomever they want for whatever reason they want. If they are using the same old tired excuse that it’s racist because Kapernick didn’t get a chance, that’s just flat out ignorant. The NFL is 68% black while the general population is 16% black. To accuse them of racism because of who they hire is beyond idiotic.

Maybe Clowney and Dez don’t deserve the opportunity. Only one of the 3 won a Heisman and it wasn’t either of them. What owners do with their money is none of the players business. They can hire whomever they want for whatever reason they want. If they are using the same old tired excuse that it’s racist because Kapernick didn’t get a chance, that’s just flat out ignorant. The NFL is 68% black while the general population is 16% black. To accuse them of racism because of who they hire is beyond idiotic.

This is where I am. Why does anyone think the Jags need outside approval to sign Tebow? If they think he’s legitimately good, fine. If they just want a publicity stunt, fine. It doesn’t matter and it’s nobody else’s business.

As it relates to Kaepernick, there are 31 other NFL teams that have declined to sign him as well.

For starters, if it's just a publicity stunt, it won't matter in August. Tebow "was" a very good athlete, so I'm not sure I doubt his chances of playing TE for the Jags, who have been horrendous lately. As for Clowney, he probably just needs to keep his mouth shut until he himself lives up to his own hype, which has never materialized because he appears to be adverse to learning techniques as well as daily coaching from way back. Dez Bryant, "so Tebow haven't played in the NFL"? Dang man, the question is not did you graduate from college, it's more like were you ever awake in 3rd grade grammar class? RollLaugh
So, is this what we are doing now? Running down one of our own just to uphold Tebow? I don't mind the man getting an opportunity. However, Clowney has a right to his opinion. He has played in the league several years despite not fulfilling the promise many had for him.

So, is this what we are doing now? Running down one of our own just to uphold Tebow? I don't mind the man getting an opportunity. However, Clowney has a right to his opinion. He has played in the league several years despite not fulfilling the promise many had for him.

Why does he or any other player have a “right” to say who other teams should or should not sign?

Everyone deserves the chance to play. It's up to them to make the team. However, no team is required to offer anyone they don't feel can help them. To offer or not offer someone based on the color of their skin is the very definition of racism.

What team has done that?

His opinion. That is all it is. Tebow deserves and WILL get a shot.

Considering he couldn't play TE in New England or Philadelphia. This is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I definitely see why any NFL veteran doesn't think a 33 year-old hack deserves a spot on a roster.

Last edited:
Considering he couldn't play TE in New England or Philadelphia. This is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I definitely see why any NFL veteran doesn't think a 33 year-old hack deserves a spot on a roster.

He has never tried to play TE before. So you’re incorrect to say he couldn’t.

But again, it comes back to the question of why is it anyone else’s business? Why do Clowney or Bryant give a rip what the Jaguars do? They don’t get to have an opinion.

Clowney should focus his energy on not being a lazy underachiever.

The Ravens are giving one of L. Jackson's high school teammates a shot to appease Jackson. Life isn't fair. Some get preferential treatment. Get over it.

His opinion. That is all it is. Tebow deserves and WILL get a shot.
Tebow doesn't deserve shit. He was a below-average NFL quarterback and a below-average baseball player. He was a circus sideshow in the minors, and only he didn't realize it. There is no way Jacksonville will waste a roster spot on a guy that has never played TE.
Tebow is that guy that shows up to your fraternity house every year at Homecoming until he is well into his thirties. He just doesn't get that time has passed him and his lack of pro-level talent by.

But again, it comes back to the question of why is it anyone else’s business? Why do Clowney or Bryant give a rip what the Jaguars do? They don’t get to have an opinion.

Tebow actually ran a play at TE for the Jets and the ball hit him in the back of the head. Players are speaking up because they feel Meyer is going to just put Tebow on the team and they don't want that "Coach controls everything" mindset in the professional game.

Tebow actually ran a play at TE for the Jets and the ball hit him in the back of the head. Players are speaking up because they feel Meyer is going to just put Tebow on the team and they don't want that "Coach controls everything" mindset in the professional game.
And that is Meyer’s right. So suck it up buttercups.

If the Coach doesn't control his team, who does?

I dunno. Virtually every news outlet is reporting that he’s never played TE at any level of his football career.

Reactions: cockofdawn

Tebow got practice snaps at TE every stop but Denver. Every team practiced a package to get him on the field. The Jets are the only team that tried it in a game. This is America we have the 1st Amendment any player or person can voice their opinion.

All of us have a right to our opinion on whatever topic is out there. The key is voicing said opinion in a responsible manner (assume that such is possible).

Clowney can comment on whatever the heck he wants. He has already accomplished more than Tebow sniffed in the NFL. Pats fan here in New England.....they did try him as a TE. Didnt work. He was out.

My gut tells me that if Tebow were black that nobody would have heard one word of criticism from the press, Clooney, or Dez. Just a sign of the times where it is open season.
Because no one is going to complain about a black man getting an undeserved opportunity when white men have been getting them for generations.

Tebow "deserves" the shot at TE because the GM of Jacksonville is willing to do that for his coach. Tebow definitely hasn't "earned" it though. Sports is supposed to be a meritocracy but we all know thats just a farce that fans are stupid enough to believe in.

Because no one is going to complain about a black man getting an undeserved opportunity when white men have been getting them for generations.

Tebow "deserves" the shot at TE because the GM of Jacksonville is willing to do that for his coach. Tebow definitely hasn't "earned" it though. Sports is supposed to be a meritocracy but we all know thats just a farce that fans are stupid enough to believe in.
Sorry for white privileged, I am trying to be less white.

And that is Meyer’s right. So suck it up buttercups.
...and he will lose his team in the process. Players accept this in the college ranks because the coach controls their opportunity to get to the league. Pro athletes want a coach to put them in the best position to win, nothing else. They are not going to take kindly to charity cases. If Tebow performs, there won’t be a problem. However, if he is a guy that is just going to take a roster spot, Meyer will lose that team quickly. Many college coaches find out that their methods just don’t work in the professional ranks. I just don’t understand this cult like allegiance to Tebow. I wish the man well. People are on here like I am on the Jaguars and have a problem with him being on the team. Just telling from life experience how I think this is going to go down.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Here's the deal: it's the NFL and if the man can't play he won't make a team. If he can help a team, that team will sign him. I think most people understand what's really at play here.
Enlighten me because I am not sure what you mean. I don’t get a lot of what is in this thread especially with the race stuff. If players felt Tebow could help a team they would be begging for him to be signed. You think players care what race Tom Brady is? Aaron Rogers? Do you think Stefon Diggs cares about the race of Josh Allen. No. These guys get the ball to them and makes them money. So, this cult-like attachment to Tebow is just weird. Tebow is not the first Heisman Trophy QB whose career didn’t work out on the next level.

Enlighten me because I am not sure what you mean. I don’t get a lot of what is in this thread especially with the race stuff. If players felt Tebow could help a team they would be begging for him to be signed. You think players care what race Tom Brady is? Aaron Rogers? Do you think Stefon Diggs cares about the race of Josh Allen. No. These guys get the ball to them and makes them money. So, this cult-like attachment to Tebow is just weird. Tebow is not the first Heisman Trophy QB whose career didn’t work out on the next level.

What’s bizarre is players on other teams weighing in on who Jax should or shouldn’t sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT