ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

Can you guess why you have been told to do that? I’ll answer it because studies have shown they are much likely (with same exact qualifications) to be passed over for promotions.

I know it’s hard to believe but subconsciously (or deliberately) the average white person is more likely to promote a white person than a black person (or hire, or rent a home, or a ton of other things )

these are hard truths but metastudies have shown it to be true
.....and it's not because a white person is in someway bad as opposed to other people. It is just human nature. That is why I see it as so important that Black people become entrepreneurs in order to build entities and institutions for themselves while participating in society at large. Many people claim that we don't need a BET or HBCU's because we are supposed to be in a race-neutral society. I say the opposite. Any community needs their own institutions. Otherwise, you are set up to beg others and allow them to give you what they want you to have.

He also is a Jville native. Owner hopes to sell more seats with hometown player. Been done many times in all sports.
That too. But it isn't like he just put some random Jville celebrity on to sell tickets, it is someone who has played a lot of football succesfully.

Well, he won the Heisman 14 years ago, is now 33 years old and has already been a total NFL bust for 4 different NFL teams.
He has been a bust at QB for other teams, this is his first move to TE. There are plenty of 33 yr old+ in the NFL, I hear there is even a 40+ yr old QB.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
.....and it's not because a white person is in someway bad as opposed to other people. It is just human nature. That is why I see it as so important that Black people become entrepreneurs in order to build entities and institutions for themselves while participating in society at large. Many people claim that we don't need a BET or HBCU's because we are supposed to be in a race-neutral society. I say the opposite. Any community needs their own institutions. Otherwise, you are set up to beg others and allow them to give you what they want you to have.
When one race is dominant then that becomes unfair and inequitable that’s why BET and HBCUs were created not because they wanted to be isolated but because mainstream culture/society refused to represent them fairly

the fact we treat white as the default and the “other” as black is the definition of racism and spawns prejudice.

a race neutral society doesn’t exist which is why white people freak out when there are charts that show they might be the minority in the near future

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
He just took that "near bust" status to the bank with an $8 million payday.

Odd to see Gamecock fans propping up a has-been Florida Gator grad while passing shade at our university's only #1 draft pick.
George Rogers says hi! And I do hope JC does have a very good year, but since his time here, he has not been the most receptive player to corrective coaching techniques. My guess it's the same in the NFL, and his raw athletic ability has gotten his his recent paydays, although many less physically gifted players have better stats and a bigger paycheck. Just stating the facts as I know them.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Neither do I, I didn’t say every white person
You said "white people." Not "some" or "most." That seems like a generalization based on skin color.

185310031_3923803200988103_175813748223932327_n.jpg

I don't care for Tim Tebow, and it's probably not his fault. I blame SEC officials for letting him get away with displays of excitement during games, including against us, that would've drawn 48 billion flags if one of our players had done the same thing.

Reactions: rogue cock
Wow....very aggressive.

Congrats on all that. Also, its very doubtful any of those challenges you impressively overcame were due to the color of your skin.

A loser will keep using that excuse for failure. Winners recognize the challenges, whether perceived or real, and work to overcome and succeed.
We all have something that holds us back. Life aint fair.

At one time I would stand up for any of my fellow gamecock fans however, there a couple on here that make me realize that, just because you wear the garnet and black, doesnt mean I would throw a rope if the boat was sinking.

I have read that he's in better shape than many younger players. What gets me is the dummy should have made the move after the Broncos.

Well, he won the Heisman 14 years ago, is now 33 years old and has already been a total NFL bust for 4 different NFL teams.

In fact, there are all kinds of studies that indicate that a white male with a felony on his record has the same chance of receiving a call back for employment as a similarly situated black male with no criminal record. So, in essence, being black in America is akin to starting off with a felony on his record. This coming from a 54 year old black business owner that has two degrees from USC and has done pretty well. So, stating facts is not always race-baiting or bellyaching because you haven't done well.
Please site the study you refer to. We live in a country where most people,black and white are treated with respect. You say you have done well. I really can not understand why millions of people worldwide continue to attempt to become American ctizens if we are inherently racist. Thanks

I usually don’t get into the race discussion but what would happen if there was all white colleges or a white entertainment channel. What white organization is the NAACP for whites. I seem to remember when a lot of the gangs were proud the cops wouldn’t come in their neighborhood and if they had to they were terrified. As for Tebow, if other players are already upset, Myer has divided his team before the first practice.

For starters, if it's just a publicity stunt, it won't matter in August. Tebow "was" a very good athlete, so I'm not sure I doubt his chances of playing TE for the Jags, who have been horrendous lately. As for Clowney, he probably just needs to keep his mouth shut until he himself lives up to his own hype, which has never materialized because he appears to be adverse to learning techniques as well as daily coaching from way back. Dez Bryant, "so Tebow haven't played in the NFL"? Dang man, the question is not did you graduate from college, it's more like were you ever awake in 3rd grade grammar class? RollLaugh

The difference between the NFL players and Tebow... Tebow takes a knee to give thanks to God, NFL player take a knee to the Flag to protest.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Please site the study you refer to. We live in a country where most people,black and white are treated with respect. You say you have done well. I really can not understand why millions of people worldwide continue to attempt to become American ctizens if we are inherently racist. Thanks
First of all, I called no one racist. However, anyone can see that we tend to group together by race. If you can’t agree to that, then there is nothing I can say that you would see as reasonable. Comfort, Groups of Friends, Economics all contribute to our condition. I don’t see the need of picking out one study as there are many and you can easily google them. Just use a search of “Employment call backs by race. However, many of these studies are done by universities and think tanks that you would probably refer to as liberals who are indoctrinating the nation.

I think the grouping together you refer to is largely based on economic issues. The companies I am familiar with would never hire a convicted felon as opposed to someone with a clean record. As for indoctrinating our youth, you check the curriculum and come to your own conclusions.

I think the grouping together you refer to is largely based on economic issues. The companies I am familiar with would never hire a convicted felon as opposed to someone with a clean record. As for indoctrinating our youth, you check the curriculum and come to your own conclusions.
Not really. I live in a neighborhood that is predominantly white and affluent. Neighbors rarely speak to me unless they want something or after they find out what I do. I knew why as I would see them speaking with each other in the neighborhood. What is with this acting like you don't see people and you have already made eye contact. One guy was so bad I stopped trying to speak. After several years and after I stopped trying, I guess he decided to be cordial. Some people have problems and denying that fact does none of us any good.

Not really. I live in a neighborhood that is predominantly white and affluent. Neighbors rarely speak to me unless they want something or after they find out what I do. I knew why as I would see them speaking with each other in the neighborhood. What is with this acting like you don't see people and you have already made eye contact. One guy was so bad I stopped trying to speak. After several years and after I stopped trying, I guess he decided to be cordial. Some people have problems and denying that fact does none of us any good.
I believe you, but that is not representative of my neighborhood and is frankly disgusting I wish you well!

I usually don’t get into the race discussion but what would happen if there was all white colleges or a white entertainment channel. What white organization is the NAACP for whites. I seem to remember when a lot of the gangs were proud the cops wouldn’t come in their neighborhood and if they had to they were terrified. As for Tebow, if other players are already upset, Myer has divided his team before the first practice.
You have white organizations. It's called the mainstream of America. As someone said the need for organizations like the NAACP is because minority groups are oftentimes locked out of the mainstream of America. Yes, corporations hire a few minorities. What are the other people locked out of that supposed to do? If the shoe was on the other foot, would you just depend on me and continue to beg me for a job or a seat at the table of your organization? I think after awhile you would create your own. Having organizations and a community of your own is not isolationist. It's called looking out for yourself.

Last edited:

I live in a neighborhood where it is a mix of Asian, Hispanic, whites and blacks and Muslims.
Its my experience that we all speak and socialize together just fine.
People do tend to gravitate towards people that are like them. Its not racist thing. Its a comfort level. I am not sure where you live however its not my reality.
If you look hard enough for something, you are likely to find it even if it's not really there.

As usual Feeble turn it into a black and white thing. Back to the topic, if Tebow makes the team or not. None of us will lose sleep over it. Geez

It must be sad to go through life playing the victim and spending 110 percent of the day seeing skin color.
Much easier to view everyone as an individual. Thats how I and most people do it.

Reactions: jeff2001
As usual Feeble turn it into a black and white thing. Back to the topic, if Tebow makes the team or not. None of us will lose sleep over it. Geez

It must be sad to go through life playing the victim and spending 110 percent of the day seeing skin color.
Much easier to view everyone as an individual. Thats how I and most people do it.
I think feeble is a cracker though.

Reactions: jeff2001
His opinion. That is all it is. Tebow deserves and WILL get a shot.
Just why do you think he deserves a shot? He's 33 and been out of the league for 9 years. He wasn't that good when he was there before. He's free to try but I just don't see him making an NFL roster anywhere.

I may be mistaken, but I think Feeble is white. You have expressed your experience. That's fine. So, why do you have an issue when someone sees it differently. Many of the things you have expressed I actually bought into as a young man. It probably had a lot to do with my choice of a college and how I lived the first 30 years of my life as a dependent person just having a job. As I grew older and started to see the big picture, I became more successful and developed something that I can give to my kids. One of the big problems with black people is not racism. It's that they don't support each other and their institutions enough. That doesn't excuse the issue of racism and make it go away. It's just having the perspective to say living life in America is a multi-faceted thing and no one issue decides what will happen.

Reactions: SCexpat38
So, is this what we are doing now? Running down one of our own just to uphold Tebow? I don't mind the man getting an opportunity. However, Clowney has a right to his opinion. He has played in the league several years despite not fulfilling the promise many had for him.
Bottom line, if Tebow was black, they would not have said a word.

Tebow doesn't deserve shit. He was a below-average NFL quarterback and a below-average baseball player. He was a circus sideshow in the minors, and only he didn't realize it. There is no way Jacksonville will waste a roster spot on a guy that has never played TE.
Tebow is that guy that shows up to your fraternity house every year at Homecoming until he is well into his thirties. He just doesn't get that time has passed him and his lack of pro-level talent by.
STGDFU! That man has a Heisman and is a good person who has always done the right thing. He has talent and size. Who knows, he could be a decent TE. Bottom line is he is getting a chance to make the team by his college coach that knows what Tebow has underneath his rib cage. The only reason the Clowneys and Bryants of the world give a shit is because he's white. Time to start calling racism on all levels. And that's exactly what this is.

Never really liked Tim Tebow when he played at Florida, largely because we were drubbed by him (a lot like I felt about Spurrier when he was at Florida). His career in the NFL certainly wasn't HOF worthy, but he was for the most part a back-up QB. He was largely responsible for a bad Broncos team making the playoffs in 2011 with come from behind wins in 3 consecutive games late in that season.

Not sure what the bizarre hatred of Tebow is at this point. I know people that don't like him because of his very public acknowledgement of his faith. That used to be a good thing. I know he's donated millions to charities and I also know I wouldn't bet against him making a contribution on the field to the Jaguars. He's got a coach who believes in him and I'm sure that coach knows how to get the most out of him.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Tebow does the right thing and tows the line...kaperpackmyfudge doesn't do any of that

Assuming people have issues with others based solely on race hurts the situation too. I'm not saying you are specifically, but speaking more to my own experience. I was waiting outside at a Chinese restaurant to order. The customer currently inside was an older black man. A black woman walked up, and apologized to me. She said she's not breaking the line, she just needed to give her husband the car keys. I smiled under my mask and said I didn't assume she was. She responded that she was afraid I'd be upset, to which I told her life is too short to be mad over little things. She was seemingly pleasantly surprised, and her husband came out and we parted ways.

She had assumed I'd be hostile, or at least disagreeable because I'm white. I don't know how I actually feel about that. I mean, I've run into similar situations when I was younger. But I was a pretty imposing guy then. I have never been afraid of anyone just because they look different from me... but assuming someone who looks different from you means harm is a great way to instigate a bad incident. I just want to get to a point where if I smile at someone, they know I don't want to hurt them, or that I am friendly.

I go out of my way to vocally greet everyone I cross paths with. "Good morning!" and "Have a great day!" are a normal part of my daily routine. It's puzzling and a little disconcerting how many people ignore me. Most who do are darker-skinned (black, Hispanic, East Asian, Indian, etc.). I just want to be friendly, man. Don't shut me out. Racism isn't a white problem, it's a people problem. And people need to stop thinking about what skin color a person has and start reading a person's demeanor and actions.

Assuming people have issues with others based solely on race hurts the situation too. I'm not saying you are specifically, but speaking more to my own experience. I was waiting outside at a Chinese restaurant to order. The customer currently inside was an older black man. A black woman walked up, and apologized to me. She said she's not breaking the line, she just needed to give her husband the car keys. I smiled under my mask and said I didn't assume she was. She responded that she was afraid I'd be upset, to which I told her life is too short to be mad over little things. She was seemingly pleasantly surprised, and her husband came out and we parted ways.

She had assumed I'd be hostile, or at least disagreeable because I'm white. I don't know how I actually feel about that. I mean, I've run into similar situations when I was younger. But I was a pretty imposing guy then. I have never been afraid of anyone just because they look different from me... but assuming someone who looks different from you means harm is a great way to instigate a bad incident. I just want to get to a point where if I smile at someone, they know I don't want to hurt them, or that I am friendly.

I go out of my way to vocally greet everyone I cross paths with. "Good morning!" and "Have a great day!" are a normal part of my daily routine. It's puzzling and a little disconcerting how many people ignore me. Most who do are darker-skinned (black, Hispanic, East Asian, Indian, etc.). I just want to be friendly, man. Don't shut me out. Racism isn't a white problem, it's a people problem. And people need to stop thinking about what skin color a person has and start reading a person's demeanor and actions.
Have you stopped to consider why that woman made that assumption about you, even though she was wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT