ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

May the best person for the job, Win. . I’ll assume Tebow asked for the tryout. . While someone else is happy getting paid to stay home . Welcome to the new Admin way. Stay home - get paid.

This is a dishonest response.
How so? What about it is dishonest? Why would Meyer not respect Tebow's physical talent? He saw him up close win a Heisman. It isn't just some hanger on. He is a two time First team All American. AP Player of the Year. Seeing if he can contribute in a new role isn't a bad idea. Almost nothing risked and potential big gain if successful. NFL teams sign dozens of free agents in the off season and don't really have to pay them unless they make the 53 man team or practice squad. Just this week, even though the Cowboys have four qbs on the roster, they brought in JT Barrett from Ohio state and Illinois Brady Davis just for a look see.

I may be mistaken, but I think Feeble is white. You have expressed your experience. That's fine. So, why do you have an issue when someone sees it differently. Many of the things you have expressed I actually bought into as a young man. It probably had a lot to do with my choice of a college and how I lived the first 30 years of my life as a dependent person just having a job. As I grew older and started to see the big picture, I became more successful and developed something that I can give to my kids. One of the big problems with black people is not racism. It's that they don't support each other and their institutions enough. That doesn't excuse the issue of racism and make it go away. It's just having the perspective to say living life in America is a multi-faceted thing and no one issue decides what will happen.

When you say "institutions," what are you speaking of?

You're absolutely right I'd think that. Don't presume you know anything about me.
I'll let him speak for himself. But it seems to me that the larger point was learned conditioning. That woman's honest and immediate reaction to the situation was fear that a white person would berate her for doing something that might be misunderstood. As you mentioned, you didn't have that response. But for her to have that fear tells me she's had a lifetime of that kind of thing happening to her and her family.

On a personal side note, years ago my wife was the only white person in her office. We had the most centralized house in the area and offered to host the office Christmas party. Every single one of them asked her (at different times) if she was sure she wanted to have them in our house.

This included her boss, who was a former State Representative -- and who went to school with my mother. We had literally known each other for years. And yet he still wanted to make sure we were really OK with it.

Point is, we all react to situations based on our individual life experiences. Just because someone else has a different experience than ours doesn't make it untrue.

I'll let him speak for himself. But it seems to me that the larger point was learned conditioning. That woman's honest and immediate reaction to the situation was fear that a white person would berate her for doing something that might be misunderstood. As you mentioned, you didn't have that response. But for her to have that fear tells me she's had a lifetime of that kind of thing happening to her and her family.

On a personal side note, years ago my wife was the only white person in her office. We had the most centralized house in the area and offered to host the office Christmas party. Every single one of them asked her (at different times) if she was sure she wanted to have them in our house.

This included her boss, who was a former State Representative -- and who went to school with my mother. We had literally known each other for years. And yet he still wanted to make sure we were really OK with it.

Point is, we all react to situations based on our individual life experiences. Just because someone else has a different experience than ours doesn't make it untrue.

Maybe just maybe skin color had absolutely zero to do with any of it.
I know it sounds crazy but did it ever occur to yall that she would have done the exact same thing no matter who was in line?
I know i would and anyone with manners likely would.
Everything aint about race unless you make it about race.
Unfortunately some on here seem to make everything about pigment color.

I know it sounds crazy but did it ever occur to yall that she would have done the exact same thing no matter who was in line?
Idk. Ask him. He brought it up. I just followed up with my own point.

You're absolutely right I'd think that. Don't presume you know anything about me.
Right. Go ahead and predictably wax poetic about all the made up injustices you've faced and all the difficulties your white skin has produced that makes you the authority on telling everyone to just get over it. Please.

Maybe it didn't. But the repeated history of this country makes it ridiculous for you to scoff at the idea that race was involved. Black people all the time, especially older ones, talk about how they have to be over apologetic to white people even when they've done nothing wrong out of fear.

Right. Go ahead and predictably wax poetic about all the made up injustices you've faced and all the difficulties your white skin has produced that makes you the authority on telling everyone to just get over it. Please.
Again, you don't know me or my trials. To assume they're less just because of my skin color is exactly the type of racial prejudice that keeps us divided. You can't change the world with a smile, but you can make someone's day better.

...and he will lose his team in the process. Players accept this in the college ranks because the coach controls their opportunity to get to the league. Pro athletes want a coach to put them in the best position to win, nothing else. They are not going to take kindly to charity cases. If Tebow performs, there won’t be a problem. However, if he is a guy that is just going to take a roster spot, Meyer will lose that team quickly. Many college coaches find out that their methods just don’t work in the professional ranks. I just don’t understand this cult like allegiance to Tebow. I wish the man well. People are on here like I am on the Jaguars and have a problem with him being on the team. Just telling from life experience how I think this is going to go down.
MiLB is similar to college, IMO.

One could argue that Tebow took away a slot from a potential big leaguer in the Mets' organization. I think his major role was to mentor those who may have a legitimate shot at the show. A minor role was to generate publicity for the Mets.

And maybe those are the potential roles the Jags have in mind for Time - character mentoring, and First Coast publicity.

Or maybe it's paying back a favour owed...

Last edited:
.....and it's not because a white person is in someway bad as opposed to other people. It is just human nature. That is why I see it as so important that Black people become entrepreneurs in order to build entities and institutions for themselves while participating in society at large. Many people claim that we don't need a BET or HBCU's because we are supposed to be in a race-neutral society. I say the opposite. Any community needs their own institutions. Otherwise, you are set up to beg others and allow them to give you what they want you to have.
Sweet Auburn

My gut tells me that if Tebow were black that nobody would have heard one word of criticism from the press, Clowney, or Dez. Just a sign of the times where it is open season.
My gut tells me that if Kaepernick were white that nobody would have heard one word of criticism from the press or most anyone else about him taking a knee during the national anthem (like Tebow actually did). Just a sign of the times I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybercock
Maybe it didn't. But the repeated history of this country makes it ridiculous for you to scoff at the idea that race was involved. Black people all the time, especially older ones, talk about how they have to be over apologetic to white people even when they've done nothing wrong out of fear.

Feat of what? No one needs to fear because of skin color. If they fear then thats on them.
I was at a convenience store last week and maybe the clerk could not hear me well because of the stupid mask so she very rudely asked me to repeat myself ad i did. She never said another word and basically threw the merchandise at me. Never said thanks or anything despite my attempts to be nice.
Next customer was blacjk and she became Miss Congeniality.
I just laughed it off because the problem is hers not mine. No doubt in my mind as to why she was a bitch.

My gut tells me that if Kaepernick were white that nobody would have heard one word of criticism from the press or most anyone else about him taking a knee during the national anthem (like Tebow actually did). Just a sign of the times I guess.
You dress that up cute. Don't see Tebow taking any knees during the anthem. And we both know why they respectively take a knee. Colin likes to wear his t-shirts praising Cuba. He should go. And when he didn't respect the anthem, or flag, in that country he would find out real quick that he would quickly vanish from existence and Nike wouldn't be allowed to pay him millions to cement their woke status. Yea, it is past time for folks to quit cowering at the feet of the PC police.

This post highlights you don't understand what white privilege is. It doesn't mean you don't work hard or haven't earned what you have. All it means is you don't have to/haven't had to worry about being inconvenienced in life due to the color of your skin.

Hilarious. The MOST scrutinized person in America today in the straight, white male. Everything you say or do is under the microscope. People can't wait to label you a racist. Can't wait to claim anything you accomplish is because of white privilege.

And if any white male trying to get a job or promotion competing against a female or person of color says they don't wonder if their male whiteness is going to be a detriment to them, they are either lying or stupid.

You dress that up cute. Don't see Tebow taking any knees during the anthem. And we both know why they respectively take a knee. Colin likes to wear his t-shirts praising Cuba. He should go. And when he didn't respect the anthem, or flag, in that country he would find out real quick that he would quickly vanish from existence and Nike wouldn't be allowed to pay him millions to cement their woke status. Yea, it is past time for folks to quit cowering at the feet of the PC police.
Thanks for the complement and the validation!

Wrong. The fact that you are repeating a liberal lie is really the sign of the times. He did kneel in prayer on the field, but never during the National Anthem.

And he was constantly criticized for it by the left and the media. Even SNL made fun of him. Never in a million years would a muslim endured the same criticism.

Thanks for the complement and the validation!

There was no validation for that in you. Kaeperdouche showed his true colors with the Castro t-shirt. I personally think that radical islamist girlfriend of his likely sent him over the edge. Wouldn't be the first man to be led astray that way.

There was no validation for that in you. Kaeperdouche showed his true colors with the Castro t-shirt. I personally think that radical islamist girlfriend of his likely sent him over the edge. Wouldn't be the first man to be led astray that way.
That's funny - I feel ultra validated now - Thanks!!!

Hilarious. The MOST scrutinized person in America today in the straight, white male. Everything you say or do is under the microscope. People can't wait to label you a racist. Can't wait to claim anything you accomplish is because of white privilege.

And if any white male trying to get a job or promotion competing against a female or person of color says they don't wonder if their male whiteness is going to be a detriment to them, they are either lying or stupid.
I'd say any white male that really thinks they aren't going to get a job they really want because of their white skin is either lying or stupid.

• Haha
Clowney can comment on whatever the heck he wants. He has already accomplished more than Tebow sniffed in the NFL. Pats fan here in New England.....they did try him as a TE. Didnt work. He was out.
Clowns is still one of the most overrated players. And none of these athletes nor Hollywood have a voice or opinion that means any more than my neighbors. The only difference is they feel entitled because of the money they make and the crooked media keeps wanting their so called “valued” opinion.

I'd say any white male that really thinks they aren't going to get a job they really want because of their white skin is either lying or stupid.
Between the racial bias against the white personal, especially the white male and with affirmative action and other specials deals there is a distinct disadvantage for the white make even when they are more qualified

Between the racial bias against the white personal, especially the white male and with affirmative action and other specials deals there is a distinct disadvantage for the white make even when they are more qualified
There are no facts to back up this claim. White males have been making this claim since the Clinton administration, yet there are no objective measurements that show that white males have become disadvantaged. Even when presenting anecdotal evidence, it's always someone they know, never they themselves.

What’s bizarre is players on other teams weighing in on who Jax should or shouldn’t sign.
It’s just more click bait for news outlets. I’ve noticed that the majority of “news” stories anymore are simply stories about what someone else said with the intentions of inflaming passions, either for or against a subject. I read Fox News, and they are the worst. This morning 7 of the first 10 stories are about what someone said. It’s not at all news, it’s garbage intended to get clicks. I assume most other news outlets are the same. The First Amendment gives us the right to express our opinions. Why are we suddenly so obsessed with opinions that differ from our own?

I just want to see Clowney make it the entire year healthy and playing up to his potential, showing the whole world what he can do.

The people that have a problem with Tebow. have the problem because he is white or a Christian or both. The people preaching tolerance show none themselves. You can not overcome racism by being racist...

Maybe it was mentioned somewhere in three pages of posts but I didn't see it in the first 20 or so I skimmed through and thought it might be worth noting to the folks who have been saying that he needs to keep his mouth shut: Clowney didn't "say" or "write" anything. He reposted Dez Bryant's Instagram post without comment, nothing more. Clickbait sites then ran with the concept that he "appeared to" or was "seemingly" upset by Tebow's signing. It's much ado about nothing.
Clowney can't write .

The point is if Tim Tebow was green, black or purple he would still not deserve another shot at the NFL. I am a Jet fan, he was awful, could not catch a pass in practice and could barely handle a snap under center. So yes Dez Bryant may be able to evaluate a pass catcher better than folks on this board and J Clowney as a Gamecock should never be taking criticism in favor of an overrated system QB Gator!

That was then, this is now. Maybe Urban knows Tebow's talents better than anyone else and has a plan no one has yet to put forth.

Wow....very aggressive.

Congrats on all that. Also, its very doubtful any of those challenges you impressively overcame were due to the color of your skin.
Depending on the time frame he very well could have overcome some obstacles due to the color of his skin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT