ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

He just took that "near bust" status to the bank with an $8 million payday.

Odd to see Gamecock fans propping up a has-been Florida Gator grad while passing shade at our university's only #1 draft pick.
Clowney was not USC's only # 1 draft pick, George Rogers was a # 1 draft pick. Get your facts straight before start with all of your BS like you know everything.

Reactions: BigWillieCock
Yep...Tebow is like an UDFA....just a guy getting a shot to make the team. My bet is he gets cut, but we may be surprised.
Some people thinks he is going to make the team. You don't know jack sh$t about whether he is going to make the team or not.

I think feeble is a cracker though.
How is the word "cracker" used today? I know how it was used when I was a little boy but I am 76 now and am not sure of it's meaning. The way we used "cracker" when I was in grade school and maybe even in high school was simply referring to someone from the state of Georgia. It was not used in a condensing manner or a derogatory way. We would just say he is a Georgia cracker or she is a Georgia cracker just as you would say he or she is a Tar Heel.

Today I sense it's used in more of a racist sense but I don't know.

Last edited:
Man you hate Tebow!
Reading all your replies in defense of Tebow, you really seem to love him. Why? Because he's a Christian? And a good guy?

If there's more, please say so. But so far, that's what seems to be the overall reasons his supporters give. That's cool. But they also seem to act like he's been the only practicing "good guy" Christian to ever play sports.

Just to name a couple of others, Albert Pujols has been a very outspoken Christian. The late, great Reggie White was an ordained minister whose nickname was the Minister of Defense.

There have been many, many others. We saw them when the pointed to the sky or made the sign of the cross or folded their hands in prayer after scoring a TD or hitting a HR. Yet none of them ever got the love and adulation that Tebow keeps getting. Why?

You don't know jack sh$t about whether he is going to make the team or not.
...and neither does anyone else.
5sw9LrW.gif

Reactions: funktavious
I'd say any white male that really thinks they aren't going to get a job they really want because of their white skin is either lying or stupid.

You are dead wrong, and completely out of touch with corporate America today. They have stated goals to increase "diversity" at all level. And diversity, despite what they say, boils down the skin color and gender. The only way to do that is to hire and promote people that aren't white males. Kinda works like the zoo now.

Same goes for colleges with diversity quotas. People that aren't white males can be chosen over more qualified white males (and Asians too) based solely off the color of their gender or their gender.

That's just fact.

That was then, this is now. Maybe Urban knows Tebow's talents better than anyone else and has a plan no one has yet to put forth.
Maybe Urban will learn (like Spurrier, Saban, and other great college coaches) that even though the ball looks the same, it is a different game. We will see!

How is it hating someone to make truthful statements about him? You seem to have a concerning man-crush on him.

No, I just believe in giving the man his fair dues. Many people can't because he is a Christian. When Tebow was at UF I was neither a big fan or a big anti-fan of Tebow. But, now I am a huge fan because he is just a wonderful person and does all he can for humanity.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Reading all your replies in defense of Tebow, you really seem to love him. Why? Because he's a Christian? And a good guy?

If there's more, please say so. But so far, that's what seems to be the overall reasons his supporters give. That's cool. But they also seem to act like he's been the only practicing "good guy" Christian to ever play sports.

Just to name a couple of others, Albert Pujols has been a very outspoken Christian. The late, great Reggie White was an ordained minister whose nickname was the Minister of Defense.

There have been many, many others. We saw them when the pointed to the sky or made the sign of the cross or folded their hands in prayer after scoring a TD or hitting a HR. Yet none of them ever got the love and adulation that Tebow keeps getting. Why?

IMO, it is a different day. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of the guys mentioned above, although I am not familiar with some of them, professing to be Christians. But when Reggie White played it wasn't a disgrace to be a Christian. But now when anyone player or not displays their Christianity in public it's a disgrace. I've never heard of another player, and I don't follow Pro Sports today at all, receive so much criticisms as Tebow for outwardly showing his support for his faith in God.

There was no validation for that in you. Kaeperdouche showed his true colors with the Castro t-shirt. I personally think that radical islamist girlfriend of his likely sent him over the edge. Wouldn't be the first man to be led astray that way.
You may want to study the history of Cuba, especially the repressive military regime of Fulgencio Batista to get a fairer look of what was going on in Cuba.

IMO, it is a different day. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of the guys mentioned above, although I am not familiar with some of them, professing to be Christians. But when Reggie White played it wasn't a disgrace to be a Christian. But now when anyone player or not displays their Christianity in public it's a disgrace. I've never heard of another player, and I don't follow Pro Sports today at all, receive so much criticisms as Tebow for outwardly showing his support for his faith in God.
Not true...players in all sports display their Christianity all the time without any retribution.

Totally disagree with that. There's no disgrace in proclaiming one's faith, or for having none. It's an individual choice. But even in that different day, those guys weren't idolized for for proclaiming their faith like Tebow is. And unlike Tebow, they were actually good and proven professional athletes.

And I think that's why Tebow can be so polarizing. While a great college athlete, he simply doesn't have it to be a great or even good professional one. Yet he still gets chance after chance after chance that others of equal or greater talent level don't get -- just because they're not Tebow.

Totally disagree with that. There's no disgrace in proclaiming one's faith, or for having none. It's an individual choice. But even in that different day, those guys weren't idolized for for proclaiming their faith like Tebow is. And unlike Tebow, they were actually good and proven professional athletes.

And I think that's why Tebow can be so polarizing. While a great college athlete, he simply doesn't have it to be a great or even good professional one. Yet he still gets chance after chance after chance that others of equal or greater talent level don't get -- just because they're not Tebow.
I disagree with your comment at least about White. I knew of a lot of people that idolized White and ,I personally anyway, never heard any criticism about his Christianity. The other guys mentioned I personally didn't know or follow.

In Tebow's case he brings a lot to the table. There are so many things he could potentially do for the team. Tebow is getting a chance nothing more, if he makes the team then okay, if he doesn't nothing lost.

See players in almost every sport and game point their index finger to the heavens, kneel and cross themselves, or simply cross themselves. Happens all the time and nary a peep from anyone.
Yep. On top of the constant post game interviews with players thanking God for their performance and the win.

I have always thought God could care less about football.

Reactions: rogue cock
You are dead wrong, and completely out of touch with corporate America today. They have stated goals to increase "diversity" at all level. And diversity, despite what they say, boils down the skin color and gender. The only way to do that is to hire and promote people that aren't white males. Kinda works like the zoo now.

Same goes for colleges with diversity quotas. People that aren't white males can be chosen over more qualified white males (and Asians too) based solely off the color of their gender or their gender.

That's just fact.
No, I'm not wrong. Affirmative Action is a fact, yes. "White men are suffering" is not a fact at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
I disagree with your comment at least about White. I knew of a lot of people that idolized White and ,I personally anyway, never heard any criticism about his Christianity. The other guys mentioned I personally didn't know or follow.

In Tebow's case he brings a lot to the table. There are so many things he could potentially do for the team. Tebow is getting a chance nothing more, if he makes the team then okay, if he doesn't nothing lost.
We can agree to disagree about the other points. But what does he have to bring to the table? He can't show his teammates how to be a successful pro because he's never been one. Even when he was in the NFL, I remember Chris Carter saying his rah rah stuff wouldn't work because nobody listens to backup QBs. You think they'll listen to guy who's never played his position before and who's been out of the league for 8 years?

And God forbid he makes the team after showing only marginal results. That combined with the media circus that surrounds him and makes EVERYTHING about Tebow (including Tebow himself), and Meyer will lose that team before he even gets started.

We can agree to disagree about the other points. But what does he have to bring to the table? He can't show his teammates how to be a successful pro because he's never been one. Even when he was in the NFL, I remember Chris Carter saying his rah rah stuff wouldn't work because nobody listens to backup QBs. You think they'll listen to guy who's never played his position before and who's been out of the league for 8 years?

And God forbid he makes the team after showing only marginal results. That combined with the media circus that surrounds him and makes EVERYTHING about Tebow (including Tebow himself), and Meyer will lose that team before he even gets started.
Interesting thing is everyone not associated with UF hated him, not because of his beliefs, but because of all the attention he received. Heck, ESPN was the Tebow network.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
No, I'm not wrong. Affirmative Action is a fact, yes. "White men are suffering" is not a fact at all.

Well, you seem to think it's "suffering" when someone of color is denied opportunity based on their skin color. That's exactly what AA and these racist "diversity" polices do to whites, especially white males.

But it doesn't surprise me. Many who scream about racism don't really hate racism. Just racism that doesn't benefit them.

Reactions: Cybercock
All white men are not rich. I know that might surprise some on here. Back to Topic I dont think Tebow will make the team.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Because they are professionally trained. If they can't do it, they shouldn't be police. They should be better than the rest of us.

Watching a HR video doesn't make you "professionally trained". I would bet just about anyone in corporate America today has far more woke training than any police officer gets. If you see the same thing over and over and over and notice patterns, human nature does take over like you suggest. Especially when your life is on the line.

These two threads about Tebow need to earn a Guinness World Record or something for the longest conversation about a street free agent that has absolutely no connection to South Carolina. Not a big fan of Tebow, but no big deal if he were to get an opportunity. I have never understood the thought that an athlete has to be some type of philanthropist just because they entertain people and there is a perception that they make a lot of money. I don’t think athletes owe society anything except to play to the best of their ability and provide an entertaining product. Some want these guys to give their money and their time, but want them to shut up and play when they have a thought that they may disagree with. Some want everyone in a sport to be likeable. However, I think the entertainment value of a product is heightened by heroes and villains. Say what you want about wrestling, but they have always gotten the concept of heroes and villains. So, people disliking Tebow is actually a good thing. Love and Hate are stronger emotions than apathy.

Last edited:
Well, you seem to think it's "suffering" when someone of color is denied opportunity based on their skin color. That's exactly what AA and these racist "diversity" polices do to whites, especially white males.

But it doesn't surprise me. Many who scream about racism don't really hate racism. Just racism that doesn't benefit them.
Another member of the "theoretical white man is suffering" team.

Wrong. The fact that you are repeating a liberal lie is really the sign of the times. He did kneel in prayer on the field, but never during the National Anthem.

And he was constantly criticized for it by the left and the media. Even SNL made fun of him. Never in a million years would a muslim endured the same criticism.
I think that's because a Muslim is more likely to react violently to any form of criticism/jesting made by non-Muslims.

To be clear, not all Muslims would react violently, but enough likely would to give non-Muslims second thoughts about doing anything to possibly offend them (and this could be a "loud vocal minority").

Or John Roche crossing himself at the foul line.....

I think that's because a Muslim is more likely to react violently to any form of criticism/jesting made by non-Muslims.

To be clear, not all Muslims would react violently, but enough likely would to give non-Muslims second thoughts about doing anything to possibly offend them (and this could be a "loud vocal minority").
I cant believe you actually posted that. Sad.

Reactions: GreatestCock
You may want to study the history of Cuba, especially the repressive military regime of Fulgencio Batista to get a fairer look of what was going on in Cuba.
You are spot on in pointing out the Bautista regime. However, I’d say, having travelled to Cuba several times, Bautista vs. Castro is a stalemate 60 years later.

Bautista and the US corporate control needed to go, but I wouldn’t say the last 60 years was the right answer either.

I stayed with a family once in the town of Trinidad. After a week of getting to know each other we spent a late night drinking rum and smoking cigars (my treat). I got a sad education on how much they want basic liberties.

The US really screwed the pooch in backing Bautista.

You are spot on in pointing out the Bautista regime. However, I’d say, having travelled to Cuba several times, Bautista vs. Castro is a stalemate 60 years later.

Bautista and the US corporate control needed to go, but I wouldn’t say the last 60 years was the right answer either.

I stayed with a family once in the town of Trinidad. After a week of getting to know each other we spent a late night drinking rum and smoking cigars (my treat). I got a sad education on how much they want basic liberties.

The US really screwed the pooch in backing Bautista.
Completely agree.

I just tire of those that seem to believe that Cuba was some idyllic place before Castro. I feel bad for the Cuban people who haven't had much of any good choice.

Completely agree.

I just tire of those that seem to believe that Cuba was some idyllic place before Castro. I feel bad for the Cuban people who haven't had much of any good choice.
I hear ya.

I can say this. The family I stayed with, albeit one family, made me acutely aware of how why their parents backed the revolution.

I was told that their grandparents were very hopeful after the US gained Cuba from Spain because the Spanish class system was so oppressive. Instead the class system simply merged into a new class system of those working with US companies and those that weren’t. Castro comes along promises true Cuban rule and introduces yet another class system.

I remember the father, a man in his 70s, telling me he was poor in the 1950s and he was poor now. Not much had changed. The granddaughter told me how in the 1990s, after the USSR collapsed, she wanted a chocolate candy bar for her birthday. At the time it cost a month’s income. The grandfather tried to make a homemade one that apparently tasted awful. They laughed and teared up about it. Maybe it was just the rum.

It’s a beautiful country with such warm people, I hope one day they find a system that allows them to finally determine their own destiny. Whatever that system is.

Please elaborate.

....is a racist, xenophobic statement. But I am sure you will never see that so it is what it is.

What is ironic is that those of us actually paying attention over the last few years have seen groups that are part of the political right in this country march in Charlottesville with burning torches and Nazi flags chanting "Jews will not replace us", plot to kidnap and kill the Governor of Michigan, plot to kidnap the Governor of Virginia, assault and attempt to to run the Vice Presidential candidates motorcade off the highway in TX, and violently storm the US Capital killing a police officer in an attempt to kidnap and possibly murder the Vice President and overthrow the government by stopping the peaceful transition of power.

....but Muslims.

....is a racist, xenophobic statement. But I am sure you will never see that so it is what it is.

What is ironic is that those of us actually paying attention over the last few years have seen groups that are part of the political right in this country march in Charlottesville with burning torches and Nazi flags chanting "Jews will not replace us", plot to kidnap and kill the Governor of Michigan, plot to kidnap the Governor of Virginia, assault and attempt to to run the Vice Presidential candidates motorcade off the highway in TX, and violently storm the US Capital killing a police officer in an attempt to kidnap and possibly murder the Vice President and overthrow the government by stopping the peaceful transition of power.

....but Muslims.
Muslim is a race? Which one of these people are Muslim?

Michael-Wolfe-810x400-768x379.jpg

iu

d766e8c37147de16170f6a706700f213.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT