ADVERTISEMENT

So Coach K and the ACC wants everybody in the Tournament this year.

Think of all of the banners that would be made/hung in the rafters "2021 NCAA Tournament Appearance"... could be lots of bonus' paid to coaches who have the "make the NCAA tournament" bonus...

Good idea if they dont intend to have conference tournaments this year. Is that the plan?

So let's do some math. Almost 176 games played I assume geographically to get to a final eight? The most games a team will play is less than 10. What about the losing teams? (Any teams not winning more than three games goes into the all inclusive NIT.) 🥴 Eight bubbles of 44 teams?

Final eight bubble.

First, keep in mind they lost a tournament last season. I don’t mind as I think the idea is in large part money driven.

Second no one can complain they got left out, Conference/media bias, etc.....

Who knows maybe a team comes out of nowhere and makes a run which gives that team/conference a better chance of making the tournament in future seasons when the field is narrowed again.

Besides, wouldn’t you watch?

Negative. The first round of tourney is best sporting event ever. Not sure that would be the case with duke playing the fighting armed armadillos

Coack K has a grandson who averaged 7.3 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game as a senior at Durham Academy, walking on the team this year.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
FFF won't like this at all. He's not used to coaching in March.

The ACC has about 16 teams playing basketball. Why wouldn't they want a plan like that.
It'd cull backthe number of mid majors getting in to round 2 which has tended to be a poroblem for the ACC (especially Dukie).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT