ADVERTISEMENT

So, does it sound like

Legendary Cock

Aug 6, 2014
Colorado
Zeb's starting again? On Carolina Calls, Beamer said Doty had been the healthiest since his injury, but was basically still a wait and see . He also added that Zeb is going to have to play well for us Saturday night.

If Zeb starts, I will be watching the game like this until hopefully something good happens

DelightfulSophisticatedAmericanbulldog-max-1mb.gif

So the game is at night? What time and channel? Sorry if this has been covered.

Zeb's starting again? On Carolina Calls, Beamer said Doty had been the healthiest since his injury, but was basically still a wait and see . He also added that Zeb is going to have to play well for us Saturday night.
I think we'll see Zeb start again, I still hold my position that throwing Doty to the wolves in this game makes little sense. Our OL is going to get dominated, hold Doty for the UK game.

I think we'll see Zeb start again, I still hold my position that throwing Doty to the wolves in this game makes little sense. Our OL is going to get dominated, hold Doty for the UK game.
I don’t know, Kentucky is looking good. Maybe hold Doty for Troy game.😁👍
i kid of course but no telling how it will work out. I think Doty is a little worse off then led to believe. Zeb is this teams Perry Orth. Very smart, serviceable , good arm, just not what we need to take step to beat UGA but who knows, stranger things have happened

Reactions: gamecockblack
I kind of got the feeling listening to Beamer that Zeb is getting the start, and might go most of the way.

Last edited:
If Doty starts and appears to be favoring the foot that was injured, he risks getting injured more permanently.

if he is limping or favoring a foot then yes I agree he should not play. I would not want a repeat of Jake Bentley throwing/hopping on one foot against Kentucky in 2018 near the end of the game, that did not look to good or work well.

Last edited:
Why start Doty? Maybe he is still a little sore, maybe not. But what is the point of playing him against Georgia? Let the GA take a beating and then wait to start Doty in a winnable game.

Last edited:
We would need a Joe, a Jim and a Jerry to win tomorrow.

If we lose respectably (beat the spread) I'll be satisfied. If we make a bunch of mistakes and look horrible doing it ... well, I should probably not look at this board until Wednesday.

We will probably lose the next 2 games. It is after that when we should find our footing. I still think we win 5 or 6 games this season.

Reactions: gamecockblack
If Doty is healthy, start him. He was the starter in camp before he got hurt. This isn’t Pee Wee football. He is a grown man. If ready to go, then he should start.

Reactions: johncockroach
Totally agree. If he’s healthy, let’s put him in. The other players on the team deserve to have our best put there. He’s a football player not a ballet dancer

If Doty is healthy, start him. He was the starter in camp before he got hurt. This isn’t Pee Wee football. He is a grown man. If ready to go, then he should start.
It doesn't matter who starts this game. It's the same offensive line.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Starting Zeb is simply accepting defeat before it happens.
Maybe to you. I think they had at least 2 weeks of practice for this game. All Georgia has had to study are the same 2 or three plays over and over. You do come off sounding romantically involved with Doty. Let's just watch the game and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: tngamecock#
Maybe to you. I think they had at least 2 weeks of practice for this game. All Georgia has had to study or the same 2 or three plays over and over. You do come off sounding romantically involved with Doty. Let's just watch the game and see what happens.
At this point I don’t know how good Doty is but we know how bad Noland is. I could be wrong but if he starts I don’t think you’ll have to watch long to see what happens.

Reactions: 92Pony
At this point I don’t know how good Doty is but we know how bad Noland is. I could be wrong but if he starts I don’t think you’ll have to watch long to see what happens.
I don't think Zeb is "bad". He's no Trevor Lawrence, but he's serviceable. And I don't know how good Doty actually is at this point.

Another thing, even if Doty's foot is healed and not painful, don't forget he was in a cast and boot for several weeks. That results in atrophy of the lower leg muscles, to the point where they are weakened and detrained. It takes a while to regain strength and conditioning in the muscles. He may be close to that now, but its hard to rush that process along.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT