ADVERTISEMENT

So I guess this game means Venables is a lousy DC?

They'll still look good against the OLs if the ACC, but when they play teams who can play in the trenches, the lessons learned today may make life more difficult.

Venables is a dirty coach and I have absolutely no respect for the man! Dirty coaches allow dirty players (Skalski, Boulware, Wilkins etc.) whether in high school, college or the pros. Tiggers will tell me "Brent is a good Christian family man who really cares about his players, Dabo and Clemson." OK, I'll agree with that statement and amend mine: BV is still a dirty coach who has taught and allowed players to play dirty for the past 9 years and I'm so glad he was exposed last night as a clueless loser when he isn't playing teams in the All Cupcake Conference or successfully stealing his opponents offensive signals.

Reactions: Falcon2323
That’s zackly what I thought. He don’t ack like a friggin idiot when he’s gettin it handed to him, what a friggin fake!!!!!

agreed, it’s ridiculous. Any grown man who says he can’t manage to keep himself off the field of play is a bi$&h drama queen fake.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Their defense hasn't been that great for most of the season and evidently it was relatively thin at a few positions because without that DB and Skalski they had no answer. Who knows what effect that hit is going to have on Fields in the NC. He continued to play last night and still play great even though it was obvious he was in a lot of pain.

Reactions: rogue cock
Their defense hasn't been that great for most of the season and evidently it was relatively thin at a few positions because without that DB and Skalski they had no answer. Who knows what effect that hit is going to have on Fields in the NC. He continued to play last night and still play great even though it was obvious he was in a lot of pain.
It appeared to be a rib injury. Those don't heal quickly especially if there are any cracked ribs. Speaking from experience those don't heal up for 6 weeks.

He was pretty terrible at Oklahoma so I’ve always been amazed how he’s done so well at Clemson. I think it’s obvious right now the key to his success.
He's never been a premier tactician, but he coached with superior talent against inferior talent at least 12 games a year. Last night, he ran into a physically superior and dominant team and the results were embarrassingly disastrous.

at OU he had great talent (maybe elite) and zero accusations of stealing signs but defense was not good. Come to cupcake ville and immediately have great defenses with great players. You cant make this chit up.
Clemson army of analysts made this possible.

Will be interesting to see if more teams huddle vs no huddle in the future. Not sure it matters if your line of scrimmage dominates like OSU last night.

Reactions: funktavious
He’s sure lost tonight. Doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.
Lol thats just exactly how dumb some of our fans are....you base an opinion on whether someone is good at their job by one game...lol....we would give anything we had and any amount of money for veneables...AND SO WOULD virtually every other college program in the country. Sometimes a coach doesn’t know what their doing very well and they aren’t good at their job...SOMETIMES a coach doesn’t have the right personnel and/or scheme for a specific game and gets beat(veneables) but they win 90%of the time.....how can anyone with just a LITTLE bit of football iq even think of saying veneables isn’t good at his job ...wow

Lol thats just exactly how dumb some of our fans are....you base an opinion on whether someone is good at their job by one game...lol....we would give anything we had and any amount of money for veneables...AND SO WOULD virtually every other college program in the country. Sometimes a coach doesn’t know what their doing very well and they aren’t good at their job...SOMETIMES a coach doesn’t have the right personnel and/or scheme for a specific game and gets beat(veneables) but they win 90%of the time.....how can anyone with just a LITTLE bit of football iq even think of saying veneables isn’t good at his job ...wow
When he can’t steal signals you get what you got last night.

We can WATCH all we want...but when we face them we will not have OHIO STATE four and five star d linemen...why don,t our fans understand this?...amazes me...
Clemson had 4 and 5 star defensive lineman too and they got dominated.

He's never been a premier tactician, but he coached with superior talent against inferior talent at least 12 games a year. Last night, he ran into a physically superior and dominant team and the results were embarrassingly disastrous.
I do agree with alot of this....acc cupcakes for most of the season,but to say he isn,t a good d coordinator is ridiculous (you DO NOT get hired by these schools if you aren’t good,and the results at Clemson and the players he gets drafted in the first three rounds of the draft is inarguably top notch...and it makes me sick. I DO however love the fire he coaches with and i think defensive players respond well to fired up coaching,without question....its just part of defensive minded people/players DNA...we NEED that here,BADLY...

I do agree with alot of this....acc cupcakes for most of the season,but to say he isn,t a good d coordinator is ridiculous (you DO NOT get hired by these schools if you aren’t good,and the results at Clemson and the players he gets drafted in the first three rounds of the draft is inarguably top notch...and it makes me sick. I DO however love the fire he coaches with and i think defensive players respond well to fired up coaching,without question....its just part of defensive minded people/players DNA...we NEED that here,BADLY...
We need players worse.

Clemson had 4 and 5 star defensive lineman too and they got dominated.
Yet, Urban hired an OL coach, that Day retained, that many of our fans would be wringing our hands over if we hired him. Studrawa was fired at LSU, landed at Maryland for a few years, before Urban found him.

Yet, Urban hired an OL coach, that Day retained, that many of our fans would be wringing our hands over if we hired him. Studrawa was fired at LSU, landed at Maryland for a few years, before Urban found him.
Clemson didn’t do themselves any favors last night by not bringing pressure. I knew their DB’s weren’t that good but I didn’t realize they were as awful as they were. Leaving his DB’s one on one was a gamble but they also weren’t doing a thing when Clemson rushed 4 and tried to play coverage. To not go after an injured QB that was hurting was a dumb move on Venebles part.

Clemson didn’t do themselves any favors last night by not bringing pressure. I knew their DB’s weren’t that good but I didn’t realize they were as awful as they were. Leaving his DB’s one on one was a gamble but they also weren’t doing a thing when Clemson rushed 4 and tried to play coverage. To not go after an injured QB that was hurting was a dumb move on Venebles part.
Fields is good enough to find hot receivers. He would have gutted them like fish even more than he did.

He sends his players in on full out blitzes about 95% of the time, in conference play he just has the better talent always.... Hes ok, like Muschamp was ok.. Give him our defense the guy would look like T Rob.

• Haha
Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT