ADVERTISEMENT

So, I was sent home to quarantine today.

paladin181

Aug 28, 2014
Richmond, VA
Apparently, last Thursday I was working in an environment where I was exposed to two people who were exposed (5 people in that shop are in quarantine now) and my higher-ups have decided I should take the rest of the week off. I'm not thrilled by the decision, but I understand it. So, obligatory take this seriously, or you may get forced to go home.

I had to send one of my employees home for going on 8 days due to her son showing symptoms of Covid.Even though he tested neg I am having her remain out until her test results are back.

Reactions: Brace1
Apparently, last Thursday I was working in an environment where I was exposed to two people who were exposed (5 people in that shop are in quarantine now) and my higher-ups have decided I should take the rest of the week off. I'm not thrilled by the decision, but I understand it. So, obligatory take this seriously, or you may get forced to go home.

Main thing is I hope you and your family stay safe.

Yep, better to be safe than sorry in this thing, I think.

I have a colleague who's wife works for city of Savannah and she had two people in her office she works closely with test positive, so now she's being tested and he's staying home until she gets the results out of an abundance of caution.

To be honest, he's kind of one of those know-it-all pain in the asses so for next day or two so I might spend more time in the office ...

Reactions: paladin181
I completed my two-week quarantine a few weeks ago. The day after I was cleared was the day my girl got sent home for her two-week quarantine.

We both survived.

And, if you work for a small business (500 employees or less), you are entitled to ten (10) days of paid sick leave by law. If you work for a large business, it's hard to believe you have not already accumulated that much normal sick leave package,

Hope you stay well. Pretty sure everyone in our building has already had it. We were sick in February, but who knows???

And, if you work for a small business (500 employees or less), you are entitled to ten (10) days of paid sick leave by law. If you work for a large business, it's hard to believe you have not already accumulated that much normal sick leave package,
Oh, I'm not eating into my PTO, I don't think. I may be, I didn't ask, they said I'd be paid when they asked me to go home for the week. And if I am? Oh well. I have plenty.

I completed my two-week quarantine a few weeks ago. The day after I was cleared was the day my girl got sent home for her two-week quarantine.

We both survived.

Similar thing happened to me. Quarantine is easier when you can do a lions share of your work from home.

Do you work at Target, Wall-Mart, Sams, Costco, Kroger and any of the grocery store???

Oh, I'm not eating into my PTO, I don't think. I may be, I didn't ask, they said I'd be paid when they asked me to go home for the week. And if I am? Oh well. I have plenty.
I believe the guys we put in quarantine were eligible for federal programs that cover a portion or all of their salary while out. I could be wrong...

Less than 500 employees? If so, you do not have to use any other type of leave,

I need a job like yours. I don’t get much PTO at all with the company I’m with now. Sucks

Just to be clear, you have two degrees of separation at this point from a covid-positive individual ( you were exposed to somebody who was exposed)? Or you have two degrees of separation from somebody who MAY have covid? One thing we've run into where I work is that people are using different terms to describe the same thing or the same terms to describe different things. The confusion is exacerbated because our communications with employees are necessarily non-specific in order to protect privacy. It's maddening.

Just to be clear, you have two degrees of separation at this point from a covid-positive individual ( you were exposed to somebody who was exposed)? Or you have two degrees of separation from somebody who MAY have covid? One thing we've run into where I work is that people are using different terms to describe the same thing or the same terms to describe different things. The confusion is exacerbated because our communications with employees are necessarily non-specific in order to protect privacy. It's maddening.
One person at the prison was a definite positive. 5 people were exposed to him. Two of them had close extended contact with me.

Good luck to you and your family. Health is more important than anything else.

Then what’s the problem. I would love a 2 week paid vacation right now.

It’s a little overboard to make you quarantine because you were exposed to people who were exposed. That is simply someone in HR that thinks they know more than the experts. We would all be quarantined if that was the mandate because we’ve all been exposed to someone exposed. But hey, they must pay you, so enjoy your time off. The Cares act is going to make a lot of employers pay employees to do nothing. If your child can’t go to school, you can get paid (I believe 2/3 of salary) for 12 weeks to stay home with them. Even if you decide to self quarantine on your own, they must pay you for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
They didn't ask you to get tested?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT