ADVERTISEMENT

So, IS Kentucky Good Enough To Beat Louisville?

No. Before they play Louisville, I predict that Kentucky will first be annihilated by Florida this week. It will be a rude awakening of the worst kind for the Wildcats!!! Whether their football fan base likes it or not, Kentucky is and forever will be a BASKETBALL school.

Reactions: Ldgator
NO< they will not. Louisville has a QB that runs, that will be a thorn to Ky. We didnt, Bentley can scramble, but cant "run". And i also Agree Florida holds Ky to 14 or less this week...

No. Before they play Louisville, I predict that Kentucky will first be annihilated by Florida this week. It will be a rude awakening of the worst kind for the Wildcats!!! Whether their football fan base likes it or not, Kentucky is and forever will be a BASKETBALL school.
Well, my original thread title was erroneous. They play Louisville this year at Lexington. Still a good question, though. I'm not sure UK doesn't beat Florida. We won't have to wait long to find out.

Still a lot of football to be played till these two meet. A lot can happen between now and then, injuries, breakout players, etc.
If you mean if they played right now, then I agree with another poster I don't think UK could handle Lamar Jackson for a full 60 minutes

Reactions: cockofdawn
UK handled Lamar last year, won the game 41-38 in Louisville. Pretty evenly matched game last year, and I'd say that UL defense is worse (UK offense is probably worse, but UK defense markedly better). I expect another close game in Lexington this year.

Reactions: rojas and BigTomE
Probably, or probably not.

They matched up well last year with LJ fumbling on the goal line to take the lead. 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Just depends on who gets/forces the breaks.

UK is not as good as they were last year. They're better than us at the moment, but honestly, if we scored a TD off that first turnover, that would have been a different game.Instead, we just gave the ball back twice knowing our defense wasn't very good. Our offense needs to be our best defense and currently, we're struggling mightily.

Define your Annihilation score plz.

What will our fanbase think if Kentucky smashes Florida in Lexington this weekend?
Then we'll think they're good enough to beat UF. Still have to play UT, Vandy and UGA. BTW, is UF getting back the 9 suspended players for this game? That will have a lot of bearing on how good UK is perceived to be should they beat UF.

Still a lot of football to be played till these two meet. A lot can happen between now and then, injuries, breakout players, etc.
If you mean if they played right now, then I agree with another poster I don't think UK could handle Lamar Jackson for a full 60 minutes
They handled him last year and UK's QB outplayed him.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Exactly last year. UL's OL was in shambles by end of last season. If they were to play now then like most I would give the nod to UL
2 things:
1. We don't play them till the end of the season
2. Their defense is awful

Just hope UKs offense takes flight.

What will our fanbase think if Kentucky smashes Florida in Lexington this weekend?

Im gonna roll with the odds in this one and after 30 straight, I dont see it ending this Saturday. Florida's D will not give up anything to Ky.
Ky is not good, which really sucks for us!

Probably not. And the sad thing is that Louisville not very good this year. They have the one Superstar and a soft defense.

UF is a house of cards. No one in the east will stay within 2 TDs of Bama this year. Our division is way down.

UK beat Lamar J on the road last year, LU defense is horrid THIS year and football has nothing to do w basketball.

here is final East standings
UGA 6-2
Fla 6-2
Tenn 6-2
UK 6-2
SC 6-2
vandy 4-4
Mizzo 1-5
giphy.gif

Kentucky has a bad team. The fact that they beat us does not make them good. We were just worse Saturday than they were. I believe Louisville had given up last year by the time they played Kentucky. They will beat Kentucky handily this year.

Kentucky has a bad team. The fact that they beat us does not make them good. We were just worse Saturday than they were. I believe Louisville had given up last year by the time they played Kentucky. They will beat Kentucky handily this year.
In the words of the Prophet dumbo, If SC played UK ten times SC would win eight..

In the last 14 games, only Alabama has a better record that UK. Trending in the right direction. If UK is bad, the rest of the SEC is a cakewalk. UK is 10-4 in that span and Bama is 13-1

In the last 14 games, only Alabama has a better record that UK. Trending in the right direction. If UK is bad, the rest of the SEC is a cakewalk. UK is 10-4 in that span and Bama is 13-1
And please look at the quality of those wins. Let me help: New Mex. St., S.C. (twice), Vandy, Austin Peay, So. Miss, E. Ky.. The only quality win in the last 14 games was against Louisville.
They will win their next 2 games as well against E. Michigan and Mo, but they're still far from a good team IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT