ADVERTISEMENT

So it begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a bunch of armchair patriots and angry old codgers will be on the wrong side of history again, being scared of the future and thinking their country only belongs to some of us and that the other people are destroying it. Welcome to the history of America.

I hope our entire team kneels and makes everybody put there money where there mouth is, even though we won't see the team kneeling in the locker room.

Good post Sulayman

Please do not tell people who disagree with your opinion that you "need to educate" them. Your opinion is it's OK to protest in the manner they are. Others of us disagree. Accept our opinion without being condescending. I believe the NFL players should not protest while at work. Once they report to work and put on their uniforms, they need to follow policies outlined which includes standing for the Anthem. They may protest during non work hours like the rest of us. They can file their paperwork to hold a demonstration, provided they pay the fee and protest in the designated areas that are set aside for such activities just like the rest of us. Entertainers as a whole should not be given platforms that we do not have to air their opinions. If a media type isn't asking us our opinion on the issues on a regular basis, entertainers should not be given that access. My opinion, not a wrong opinion and one that comes from a highly educated individual.
Where do you work?

Just wondering, because we may need to tell YOU what YOU can and can't do on your job. :rolleyes:

Are you at work right now? If so, you shouldn't be using the internet on company time...

Great point...I'm a 59 year old guy , voted in every election since 1976 and only voted for a Democrat once, I held my nose and voted for Clinton this year. I'm also a Libertarian but thought Gary Johnson was nuts.
Just couldn't vote for the clown aka Trump
Do you want an award?

Reactions: FORKCOCK and 92Pony
That is the Left way, forgive them, they know not what they do..
YES, They have the right to protest, however if anyone says that they think it is wrong to protest in that manner.. the person protesting the way they are protesting are immediately attacked. Just like on FGF.. Never disagree with the left!! N E V E R or you will in fact be attacked and called names!!
This is not a "left" or "right" issue. Stop crying. If you can't have a discussion on the internet without pulling the "leftists lib" card, perhaps you should refrain from posting.

I laugh when I hear the people say" I'll never watch another NFL game, so on and so on....
They probably never watched the NFL before and if they did and are protesting in their own way by not watching...they have missed some exciting games in the last few weeks

From THAT link...

At the same time, the study found blacks and Hispanics were more than 50 percent more likely to experience physical interactions with police, including touching, pushing, handcuffing, drawing a weapon, and using a baton or pepper spray.

Hence, I rest MY case/point(s). Just sayin man, just sayin.

I'll buy that.

I also believe that to be because the ethnicities cited are at LEAST 50% more likely to be belligerent and uncooperative in their interactions with law enforcement.

Follow societal norms. Be respectful. Obey the law. The police are the authority; its their job. Do as they tell you to do. These players would achieve more real benefit by going into their communities in a sincere effort to shore up the culture, all around, instead of expecting police and society to just give that culture a pass just because.

Just sayin man.

We are fortunate to be enlightened by millennials while they still know everything.

I'll buy that.

I also believe that to be because the ethnicities cited are at LEAST 50% more likely to be belligerent and uncooperative in their interactions with law enforcement.

Follow societal norms. Be respectful. Obey the law. The police are the authority; its their job. Do as they tell you to do. These players would achieve more real benefit by going into their communities in a sincere effort to shore up the culture, all around, instead of expecting police and society to just give that culture a pass just because.

Just sayin man.

We are fortunate to be enlightened by millennials while they still know everything.
True what you say. Primarily it comes down to education and common sense. But then again, I've witnessed a few cops talking the initial "smack" to the point that it set off a very good friend of mine. Bottom line (based on my experience): Don't talk to a cop that's questioning the Hades out of ya! Keep your mouth shut and let him get his rocks off, then drive away/leave and deal with the ticket(s) in s different format.

JMHOFWIW

Quoting Reddit "forced patriotism is not patriotism. It's nationalism." And there are some obvious examples of what blind nationalism can do to a nation.

I think, before everyone gets upset, it would be best to try and place yourself in the other sides shoes. See what they see. And then, if you still feel the same, you can say you tried.

I have a military background, and I don't buy the angle it disrespects the troops. That's changing the narrative. This was never about the troops.

Quoting Reddit "forced patriotism is not patriotism. It's nationalism." And there are some obvious examples of what blind nationalism can do to a nation.

I think, before everyone gets upset, it would be best to try and place yourself in the other sides shoes. See what they see. And then, if you still feel the same, you can say you tried.

I have a military background, and I don't buy the angle it disrespects the troops. That's changing the narrative. This was never about the troops.
But as we've learned from the confederate flag controversy, it doesn't matter what your intentions are, it matters what the offended people think your intentions are.

I agree with you though. I'm just pointing out some hypocrisy I see.

But as we've learned from the confederate flag controversy, it doesn't matter what your intentions are, it matters what the offended people think your intentions are.

Just from my reading different forums, it seems like most of the people upset are upset because it "disrespects" the flag or troops. From my perspective, though, it's a lot easier to argue about proper flag treatment than it is to argue about social justice. It's an obvious way to avoid the issue.

Reactions: Gamecockdvw
This is not a "left" or "right" issue. Stop crying. If you can't have a discussion on the internet without pulling the "leftists lib" card, perhaps you should refrain from posting.
You still got that pic of cockofdawn?

Just from my reading different forums, it seems like most of the people upset are upset because it "disrespects" the flag or troops. From my perspective, though, it's a lot easier to argue about proper flag treatment than it is to argue about social justice. It's an obvious way to avoid the issue.
I like what another poster brought up earlier. Discrimination against men is obviously a bigger problem than racial discrimination in the legal system. We should focus on that first.

I will say this: I cannot/will not imply that none of the posters within this thread have not at least made a point. Frankly, I see both sides. I don't just hope that somehow we can ALL come to mutually acceptable concessions. I mean face it: we're America, the UNITED STATES OF!!!

I'd like to confidently hope/depend on a better and more advanced cultural combination that continues our concept of forever further improving!!

Without hope, then we blatantly lack such (i.e. hope) in general!!

I like what another poster brought up earlier. Discrimination against men is obviously a bigger problem than racial discrimination in the legal system. We should focus on that first.

I think we can focus on both, can we not? Having other issues doesn't make this one go away.

To an extent I think we're on the same side here. :)

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Donald-font-b-Trump-b-font-Make-American-Great-Again-font-b-Flag-b-font-hot.jpg

If one supports this mockery and violation of US Flag code, while being offended by a SILENT PROTEST... Well, there's your sign.

In these days and times people have no clue why they are offended, they just want to be offended. It's a by-product of the Trump/Jerry Springer society we live in. This issue was never about the flag, or the troops.

But Man, in regards to this...

Anna_Nimmitty said:
That's not a "study". You have been duped by fake news.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/15/harvard-study-officer-involved-shootings/

Well, for one thing I cannot find that original post of mine, and secondly, I have no recollection of actually posting that!!

No biggy; heck, I may have very well lost my mind!! But I swear I don't recall posting that per se - at least not as it appears within your reference!!

No biggy! Peace out!!

Donald-font-b-Trump-b-font-Make-American-Great-Again-font-b-Flag-b-font-hot.jpg

If one supports this mockery and violation of US Flag code, while being offended by a SILENT PROTEST... Well, there's your sign.

In these days and times people have no clue why they are offended, they just want to be offended. It's a by-product of the Trump/Jerry Springer society we live in. This issue was never about the flag, or the troops.
Honestly, I think most people opposed to the protest think it's stupid as opposed to being offended by it. This protest isn't going to magically solve anything without action from everyone, including the protestors.

W
I wrote/typed the following verbatim...

Not my place to educate you.

While I am very happy for you that you're a "highly educated individual", I encourage you to get a grasp of your emotions.

I apologise if I've offended you and all others by simply stating my opinion. However, I assure you that such (i.e. my opinion) is based on my factual experience(s). Trust me, I have seen some stuff that blew my mind. I'll leave it at that.

WADR,

A_N
"Emotions", no emotion at all in my reply to you. It's obvious you are being emotional. So settle down and understand that your opinion is just that, an opinion. No need to apologize, I was merely pointing out that your attack on the poster, yes it was because you attacked his intelligence, is off base. If you truly believe in equality, please allow all opinions to be expressed. Our country allows and defends all of our rights to free speech even when it offends you.

Honestly, I think most people opposed to the protest think it's stupid as opposed to being offended by it. This protest isn't going to magically solve anything without action from everyone, including the protestors.
If they thought it was just "stupid" they wouldn't care so much. Trust me, these snowflakes are offended. And they think forcing people to stand is the answer.

W

"Emotions", no emotion at all in my reply to you. It's obvious you are being emotional. So settle down and understand that your opinion is just that, an opinion. No need to apologize, I was merely pointing out that your attack on the poster, yes it was because you attacked his intelligence, is off base. If you truly believe in equality, please allow all opinions to be expressed. Our country allows and defends all of our rights to free speech even when it offends you.
Umm yeah! You got me "emotionally" LMAO at your ignorant-ass replies with your hurt feelings. Jesus Christ man, let it go. I merely participated in a discussion amongst quite a few. Take a chill pill, lighten up, and ignore me. Lord knows that's where I'm headed with you - to my ignore list!!

Have a nice life.

If they thought it was just "stupid" they wouldn't care so much. Trust me, these snowflakes are offended. And they think forcing people to stand is the answer.
I think some of it is that they want to be on the other side of telling people what and what not to do and what and what not to be offended by.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Yeah, see, the thing about protests... they aren't designed to SOLVE problems. They are designed to draw attention to a certain cause or idea. You can say its stupid to protest and "most people" are not offended, but the facts do not support this. People are talking about this issue, at work, at school, on the bus, on social media, it isn't going away. We have people on both sides trying to drive the divide even further. Case in point, Trump told Jerry Jones to take action against any players that protest... the race baiters are working OT on this one. Plenty of offended peeps out there.

Yeah, see, the thing about protests... they aren't designed to SOLVE problems. They are designed to draw attention to a certain cause or idea. You can say its stupid and "most people" are not offended, but the facts do not support this. People are talking about this issue, at work, at school, on the bus, on social media, it isn't going away. We have people on both sides trying to drive the divide even further. Case in point, Trump told Jerry Jones to take action against any players that protest... the race baiters are working OT on this one. Plenty of offended peeps out there.
See my last post. When it gets to the point that people are telling others what pronouns are acceptable and not, there's bound to be a backlash. People on both sides are looking for conflict at this point.

See, some WANT it to be about the flag, troops, country ...in their minds. it makes it easier for them

No matter which side you take, this issue is an absolute winner for Trump. NFL is already acquiescing. The right is going to make hay on this entire fiasco.

While Goodell was in Miami participating in a ride along with three Dolphins players and the North Miami Police Department and the Broward Country Sheriff’s Department, ESPN’s Adam Schefter broke the story of Goodell’s memo to NFL ownership. It said, in part: “Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem … We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us.” Goodell said the league “wanted to move past this controversy … together with our players.” The tenor of the memo was clear: Although the league might feel the anthem controversy has been hijacked by the President and Vice President, we’re not going to make progress on the issues the players care about by continuing to protest during the anthem. We’ve got to stand for the anthem or risk alienating a huge swath of our fans. Now the question will be: Will the players buy that?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/11/n...al-anthem-protests-themmqb-peter-king-mailbag

While Goodell was in Miami participating in a ride along with three Dolphins players and the North Miami Police Department and the Broward Country Sheriff’s Department, ESPN’s Adam Schefter broke the story of Goodell’s memo to NFL ownership. It said, in part: “Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem … We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us.” Goodell said the league “wanted to move past this controversy … together with our players.” The tenor of the memo was clear: Although the league might feel the anthem controversy has been hijacked by the President and Vice President, we’re not going to make progress on the issues the players care about by continuing to protest during the anthem. We’ve got to stand for the anthem or risk alienating a huge swath of our fans. Now the question will be: Will the players buy that?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/11/n...al-anthem-protests-themmqb-peter-king-mailbag
Where is the "acquiescing" in that statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT