ADVERTISEMENT

So we play Vandy at 9:30 am on Tuesday to open in Hoover

To get ready for a game 9:30am, getting up around 5/5:30 eat some breakfast, sit back read the paper, drink some coffee, turn on the TV, take a shower, get dress, look for shoes, walk out to the team bus head to the field, stop turn around and go back to hotel, look the equipment bags, go all the way back, then realize you left the equipment bag in Columbia, skip batting practice, go borrow equipment, and lastly, make up the line up card...

By then your whole day is shot....

BTW- Is this the bracket loses goes home after one game? Or still double elimination??

Reactions: cockofdawn
This could be the best thing to happen for this team. Afternoon and evening games haven't exactly worked out. Plus maybe it will take the guys back to their travelball days with 8:00 AM games every weekend... you know, back when they were good hitters.

Either you're retired or I want your hours. 9:30 is the buttcrack of dawn now?
Ha ha. Well first off it was a joke. But you have to admit that in the baseball world playing a game that early is like the "buttcrack of dawn".

To get ready for a game 9:30am, getting up around 5/5:30 eat some breakfast, sit back read the paper, drink some coffee, turn on the TV, take a shower, get dress, look for shoes, walk out to the team bus head to the field, stop turn around and go back to hotel, look the equipment bags, go all the way back, then realize you left the equipment bag in Columbia, skip batting practice, go borrow equipment, and lastly, make up the line up card...

By then your whole day is shot....

BTW- Is this the bracket loses goes home after one game? Or still double elimination??
1st game is an elimination, then double, until championship i think.

I'm as ready for the team to have new coaching as anyone but having such as this make people crazy is just absurd. We did earn this distinction and Vandy has to get up just as early, so what is the problem? When I was in competition,I liked having such issues come up because it gave my competitors more reason to find excuses to loose. Such stuff is to your advantage if you can focus on the game at hand while your competitors find reason to worry.

Reactions: atl-cock
I'm as ready for the team to have new coaching as anyone but having such as this make people crazy is just absurd. We did earn this distinction and Vandy has to get up just as early, so what is the problem? When I was in competition,I liked having such issues come up because it gave my competitors more reason to find excuses to loose. Such stuff is to your advantage if you can focus on the game at hand while your competitors find reason to worry.
If we can size this post down , it could be made into a poster and put on the back wall of a car salesman's office

Have team wake up early, drive bus down and drive back right afterwards, back in Cola around 4.
win the whole damned thing!!!
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT