ADVERTISEMENT

So we walked Beer about every AB except the 9th inning

Don`t have a problem pitching to him then. He watched 2 strikes go by with the bat on his shoulder. He will make you pay, and he did, if he gets something he likes. Apparently he did. That killed us, though we had chances in bottom 9 and 10 and couldn`t get the big hit.

Reactions: KeoweeTiger09
It's a tough call, but you don't want to bring the go-ahead run to the plate in the 9th in the person who is the clean-up hitter & has plenty of pop in his bat, too (plus, he's a righty going against your lefty).

Don`t have a problem pitching to him then. He watched 2 strikes go by with the bat on his shoulder. He will make you pay, and he did, if he gets something he likes. Apparently he did. That killed us, though we had chances in bottom 9 and 10 and couldn`t get the big hit.
The count was 3-0 when he hit the HR. What are you talking about he "watched two strikes go by"?

My mistake. It was 4 straight breaking balls after the 2-0 count. Still should not have pitched to their top hitter trying to preserve a one run lead in the ninth. And you show that good of a hitter the same pitch on 4 consecutive pitches...well you see what happens.
yep

My mistake. It was 4 straight breaking balls after the 2-0 count. Still should not have pitched to their top hitter trying to preserve a one run lead in the ninth. And you show that good of a hitter the same pitch on 4 consecutive pitches...well you see what happens.

Not sure you are in a position to criticize...considering you didn't even know what the count was when he hit the HR...

That's been the story during the whole Chad era.
...and no hitting. This all started with our Declaration of switching to SMALL BALL following the adventation of composite bats.
HR- celmnos 4.....The Awesome Guys....1
SMALL BALL ! Yea!
Follow Ray's blueprint. A one year....hell, TWO YEAR learning curve has been given to you by GAMECOCK nation. You are not correcting your prior mistakes. You are over coaching players into thinking twice. Destino's plate approach has declined throughout. He was a big bat, nationally ranked, when he committed. Freshman year? Solid in projected production.
He has declined....apprehensive.....no plate discipline.
Long post short......I hope we can shake this funk.
Did Chad or Meyer pitch to /challenge Beer? Does Meyer jump on the grenade on Monday?

Last edited:
...however, I too, knew the count. The church family next to me at the stoplight started crossing their chests and kissing some kind of tiny lady....

...and no hitting. This all started with our Declaration of switching to SMALL BALL following the adventation of composite bats.
HR- celmnos 4.....The Awesome Guys....1
SMALL BALL ! Yea!
Follow Ray's blueprint. A one year....hell, TWO YEAR learning curve has been given to you by GAMECOCK nation. You are not correcting your prior mistakes. You are over coaching players into thinking twice. Destino's plate approach has declined throughout. He was a big bat, nationally ranked, when he committed. Freshman year? Solid in projected production.
He has declined....apprehensive.....no plate discipline.
Long post short......I hope we can shake this funk.
Did Chad or Meyer pitch to /challenge Beer? Does Meyer jump on the grenade on Monday?

This is spot on. I just hope that we are finally ready to move on from The Chad experience and not have to endure the Spurrier situation all over again as Ray doesn't seem to know when to pull the trigger.

This is spot on. I just hope that we are finally ready to move on from The Chad experience and not have to endure the Spurrier situation all over again as Ray doesn't seem to know when to pull the trigger.
Perfect analogy in the fact that someone is replacing a legend. The larger sample trend is a disturbing trend. Holbrook is a good man. Special, as a man.
But he has achieved nothing. Our STUD BRAND is declining. Bottom line.

One word...Smoke. Coach takes AD job. Assigns top assistant. One coach later, they're relevant again. SEC vs. Big 12 in Houston....went 1-2. Nevermind.
They were ranked ahead of us. The polls will flip this week. We lost to a good team....dammit.
Let's be proactive.
Tennessee got Serrano from the west coast. There are great coaches out there. Pull the trigger, Ray.

Last edited:
really dumb at 3-0 not to put him on. i mean really dumb to challenge a hitter like that especially with two outs and no one on base. i mean really dumb. And really dumb to take our ace closer out in Saturday game tied 5 to 5 i mean really dumb. we are finding ways to loose when we have the talent to win. Good thing is we have time to adjust and i think we will. our coaching staff i think is good enough to learn from the stupidity i have seen this weekend. I still think we will bounce back and be fine but we''ll see. meyers really shocked me saturday though pulling our ace closer and then never used him today. something must be wrong with Johnson is all i can think of. doesn't make any sense.

I have no problem pitching to him there. It is the pitch selection that was the problem. That pitch should have been buried if he wanted to throw a curve. I'd preferred a fastball in on his hands.

If you walk him as we saw the next batter grounded out...game over! we win if he walks PERIOD!

Reactions: apex73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT