ADVERTISEMENT

So? What do you think of Shane Beamer?

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
First game, First shut out by new head coach since 1944. A non-head coach who never been in charge of a program... And I believe he is the only coach who is from the state of South Carolina to ever be a real head coach at South Carolina... I think we have a very special coach in Beamer...

Nay sayers will say it was only Eastern Illinois... And please save this page wo you can throw it back in my face if Beamer fails, which he won't...

In 2019 Charleston Souther scored 10 points
In 2018 Akron scored 3 points
In 2017 La Tech scored 18 points
In 2017 Wofford scored 10 points
In 2016 Massachusetts scored 28 points
In 2016 Western Carolina scored 31 points
In 2015 The Citadel scored 23 points in a loss
In 2014 South Alabama scored 12 points
In 2013 Coastal Carolina scored 10 points
In 2012 UBA scored 6 points
In 2012 Wofford scored 7 points
In 2011 Navy scored 21 points
In 2011 The Citadel scored 20 points

And so on and so on...

This year will be a hard year for Beamer as the season goes on, but I still believe Beamer will be a great coach in years to come and will beat all of Spurrier's records at South Carolina...

He already has on in the books over Spurrier after last night...

If Beamer leaves South Carolina, it's because he was offered once in a life time coaching gig...

Definitely not a final report card, but I was pleasantly surprised. Tried to have no expectations coming in, but gameplan was good, played a ton of players even on the "first team", and we executed pretty well. A few mistakes here and there but those are expected in the first game of the season. B+

Definitely not a final report card, but I was pleasantly surprised. Tried to have no expectations coming in, but gameplan was good, played a ton of players even on the "first team", and we executed pretty well. A few mistakes here and there but those are expected in the first game of the season. B+

I can agree with this above...

I just think a lot of Gamecock fans are underestimating Beamer and will never like him or say we need a real head Coach...

I believe he is the real deal, and it will happen soon... I still say we will win 3 games this year, but anything will happen..

I was not impressed with UGA or Clemson, especially Clemson's QB and offensive calls... I just hate that UGA won with Muschamp coaching on the sideline...

First half was awesome. Love that we actually tried to score when getting the ball as the half was winding down (and did score). Second half was pretty boring. Wish he would have shown a little more killer instinct. I know we had the game well in hand, but still.

We are obviously much better coached. Just looked more prepared than we have in recent years. Made a lot of mistakes though and have a good bit to work on. Hopefully just opening game kinks. Put ourselves in a lot of bad down/distance situations that we won’t be as fortunate to convert against SEC teams.

Last edited:
Was impressed by Beamer's sideline demeanor. Confident, looked like he had been there before, controlled, reacted appropriately for each success/failure. Leadership starts with example; that will help over time.

Beamer ball this offense is not great. And we will need to continue the solid special teams play. 2 blocked punts set up the offense with short Fields.

Absolutely thrilled with everything except our run blocking. On the radio they mentioned the smaller(quicker) Dline making things look that way. I get what they were saying, but still a bit of concern. It's okay to get stopped some, but you can't be having negative plays.
We all should be very excited as gamecock fans. I also think we will surprise most this season and end up w 6-8 wins for the season. We should have 3 more for sure wins. Just make two upsets and we're going to a bowl game. And even if it's the lowest of lowest of bowl games, it will be extremely important to get that extra practice for next year.

Reactions: WingchunCock
As good as expected. I just liked the fact that we looked prepared to play. Not a lot of stupid penalties. This is the type of game was have won in the past, but looked terrible doing it.

Definitely agree with the last statement. Have to disagree about the penalties. Cost ourselves a TD with one penalty (the Bell run was created by the penalty). Also put ourselves in some bad down/distance situations we may not dig ourselves out of in SEC play. Overall, 8 penalties for 61 yards. Can definitely improve there.

Reactions: Lakecock1

If WM was the coach, we would have never seen our RB Williams, or either of the other two QBs. He was a total tool.

Reactions: aceman39
Definitely agree with the last statement. Have to disagree about the penalties. Cost ourselves a TD with one penalty (the Bell run was created by the penalty). Also put ourselves in some bad down/distance situations we may not dig ourselves out of in SEC play. Overall, 8 penalties for 61 yards. Can definitely improve there.

On replay, Muse definitely held. I guess my complaint is, they never see that subtle of a hold against UGA/UF/Taters/etc. They even miss blatant pull the jersey off our defensive ends or DBs by the other team. It appears almost an intentional no call.

Anyone remember the UF guy pulling our DBs jersey all the way down the sideline a few years back in in plain view. It was almost like the UF player was flaunting the hold for around 35 yards. They can't see those. They can't see the illegal picks on UF and such, but they called poor E Illinois for one. They never miss one of ours, even if no contact was made they call it.

Sorry, the refs from 40 years ago were better than today's refs.

First game, First shut out by new head coach since 1944. A non-head coach who never been in charge of a program... And I believe he is the only coach who is from the state of South Carolina to ever be a real head coach at South Carolina... I think we have a very special coach in Beamer...

Nay sayers will say it was only Eastern Illinois... And please save this page wo you can throw it back in my face if Beamer fails, which he won't...

In 2019 Charleston Souther scored 10 points
In 2018 Akron scored 3 points
In 2017 La Tech scored 18 points
In 2017 Wofford scored 10 points
In 2016 Massachusetts scored 28 points
In 2016 Western Carolina scored 31 points
In 2015 The Citadel scored 23 points in a loss
In 2014 South Alabama scored 12 points
In 2013 Coastal Carolina scored 10 points
In 2012 UBA scored 6 points
In 2012 Wofford scored 7 points
In 2011 Navy scored 21 points
In 2011 The Citadel scored 20 points

And so on and so on...

This year will be a hard year for Beamer as the season goes on, but I still believe Beamer will be a great coach in years to come and will beat all of Spurrier's records at South Carolina...

He already has on in the books over Spurrier after last night...

If Beamer leaves South Carolina, it's because he was offered once in a life time coaching gig...
Every year will be a hard year for Beamer. Also we beat EIU at best a good high school team. I will take the win, but there is a lot to do. Be hopeful, but be realistic. The win says very little.

On the hand, the Clemson loss says a lot. Their new QB has to get better soon. I am doubly happy with both outcomes.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
What more could anybody expect? 46-0. Would 56-0 make it any better? Makes no difference. Be happy we ain’t Vanderbilt. You expect a new coach to come in with the players and culture and history we have and win every game and play perfect the first year? Take the win and build on it and let’s see what happens vs ECU. I don’t see any thing to grumble about.

Have to disagree about the penalties. Cost ourselves a TD with one penalty (the Bell run was created by the penalty). Also put ourselves in some bad down/distance situations we may not dig ourselves out of in SEC play. Overall, 8 penalties for 61 yards. Can definitely improve there.
I agree with you. That is a concern, for me. And it should be for Shane, as well.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Vandy got clobbered by an FCS team. Take a win and be happy.

Taking any win around here is the problem. You beat a horrific team as a 40 pt favorite at home and suddenly some seem to think the corner has been turned. I have no doubt that Muschamp, or even Brad Scott or Richard Bell, would have rolled that team. Means nothing. Play somebody with a pulse and we will see

Reactions: hillstosea
Just saying it proved nothing. Played a horrific team as a 40 pt favorite at home. What else did anyone expect? But some folks on here seem to think that USC beat the equivalent of Alabama last night.
I get your point, but to be fair in the past we’ve struggled to win games like this, didn’t matter who the HBC was.

Special teams looked good, we showed aggression on offense, played a lot of guys, played good defense, and AFAIK we came out of the game pretty healthy.

Why be negative? Looks like we have a lot of positives to work from.

Glad he got his opening win. Glad they played okay. But I feel like this next game will tell us a lot more about we we are. Especially if we have Doty and Harris back. Hopeful.

Taking any win around here is the problem. You beat a horrific team as a 40 pt favorite at home and suddenly some seem to think the corner has been turned. I have no doubt that Muschamp, or even Brad Scott or Richard Bell, would have rolled that team. Means nothing. Play somebody with a pulse and we will see
Well, we could have lost. Or won by 1 point. We've done that before.

Well Florida had a tough time with FAU another horrific team, does that mean they are bad? It was our first game just like Florida's and mistakes were made. At least I feel we have a COACH now, and I believe he can fix it. Sure it's only a game against a lesser opponent but they showed us they came to play and with emotion. They are definitely better coached than anything Muschamp ever put on the field. I feel he can build us into a good team but we will just have to see if it translates into wins and who we are able to beat.

Well Florida had a tough time with FAU another horrific team, does that mean they are bad? It was our first game just like Florida's and mistakes were made. At least I feel we have a COACH now, and I believe he can fix it. Sure it's only a game against a lesser opponent but they showed us they came to play and with emotion. They are definitely better coached than anything Muschamp ever put on the field. I feel he can build us into a good team but we will just have to see if it translates into wins and who we are able to beat.
Are you kidding? FAU has quite a lot of speed. They would thrash EIU!

Optimistic. As OP seemed to indicate, we beat a team we should beat and by the margin we should have. Those games have not exactly been plentiful for South Carolina. Mistakes and penalties, yes and they will work on those. I was impressed by the enthusiasm of the players and the coaches. Long road ahead but expecting a lot more from last night would be unreasonable imo. Lord, we've certainly seen less.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT