ADVERTISEMENT

So who do you reckon the idiots were that advised PJ Dozier to enter the draft?

Obviously being in that position I'm sure the decision if very difficult but of you aren't a sure 1st round lock and you could still come out of school the following year after being a Jr. with the very likely chance of being a 1st rounder it just seems like it'd make sense to stay....

i say 48 overall to the Bucks, horrible decision by Dozier, this draft is loaded with guards 2018 made much more sense and another season of development to improve stock

Reactions: IrmoRed
I wouldn't be shocked if he's not drafted. He sucked at the combine

i say 48 overall to the Bucks, horrible decision by Dozier, this draft is loaded with guards 2018 made much more sense and another season of development to improve stock

Well Bucks did pick a Gamecock but not Dozier, Im still kind of right, right?

PGoxt0G.gif

You got one of the gamecocks right at the 48th pick!

You can't blame the young man for believing in himself for wanting to take the next step, but that's why you appreciate players like Thornwell that much more. You can listen to outsiders all you want, but you HAVE to take it upon yourself to understand your own strengths, and in Dozier's case; weaknesses.

If he goes late rounds or undrafted, i'm sure he will use it as motivation for his whole NBA career.

95 prct of both boards derided this decision. 16 freshman taken in first round.

Looks like he is headed to the Lakers as a free agent.

Hate he had a draft party with 100 people and didn't get drafted. That had to suck for the kid. Bad advice.

Don't forget that not all athletes are scholars. Some put more time into their sport than their studies.

This draft was absolutely loaded . Especially with backcourt and wing talent . Unfortunately guards who can't shoot or at least knock down free throws do not interest NBA GMs. If he was a lockdown defender or an explosive finisher someone might have taken a chance on him . Honestly I don't see him making a roster even as a FA . Very bad decision but hopefully he will take a lesson from this and work on his game overseas or in the D league .

Ya'll left out the fact that he did not want to return to school. He was done with college.

Dude could've came back worked on his game some more, been the number one option all year long, and probably end up as at least a first round pick in 2018 (maybe even a lottery pick). He chose not to; once again, another player who gets HORRIBLE advice from his inner circle--it happens all the time.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Bottom line is he didn't trust Frank Martin, who never thought he should leave.

Dozier is just one example of many that screwed up leaving early.

We need players to trust our coaches and not the thugs who get in their head.

Last edited:
This draft was absolutely loaded . Especially with backcourt and wing talent . Unfortunately guards who can't shoot or at least knock down free throws do not interest NBA GMs. If he was a lockdown defender or an explosive finisher someone might have taken a chance on him . Honestly I don't see him making a roster even as a FA . Very bad decision but hopefully he will take a lesson from this and work on his game overseas or in the D league .
Very very few guys make the NBA in the summer leagues.

Did anybody here think he was ready? I could see a possibility of him developing into a potential solid NBA player, but not it this point in his career.

Many kids make this fatal mistake. They think they are good enough to play in the NBA. What they need to learn though is that it doesn't matter if they are good enough (in his case I don't think PJ was good enough). What matters is, are they better than 59 other college kids going to the draft. It also matters where they rank at their position. They may be a better player overall than other guys selected at other positions, but if there is a glut of talent at their position it makes it tough. A team isn't going to draft a guard when they really need a power forward even if that guard is a better overall player. Every year a kid can stay in school and hone his talent makes him more valuable and increases his chances of being drafted.

His shooting is his weakness and everyone saw that except his agent and money hawks.

Right, and wouldn't it make sense to stay one more year working on improving his shooting skills while refining his whole game and, thus, his attractiveness to the pros? I didn't understand his early 'going pro' stance when it was announced, and I still don't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT