ADVERTISEMENT

So who will gamecock fans go after now to fire?

I disagree. That is our usual pattern and the way USC has operated like forever, hire the old coach, safe hire yet he doesn't have the drive or passion to recruit anymore and is only a band aid because he will retire in 5 years because of age.

We need to do like the big time programs do. Go after the youngest, hottest coach that is energetic , chip on his shoulder ready to recruit.

Like Florida and Billy Donovan type of hire. We need to get them young like we did Tanner. He was only 38
Sorry, mine was a satirical post dealing with everyone having their favorite candidate and having different ideas about our needs. Although I'm really not endorsing Leggett, the statements about him were researched and actually correct.

Dont blame it on Tanner or Holbrook, we all know who did this..
giphy.gif

Grow up. If you work for a company, and don't produce, you get fired. Coaches get paid a butt load of money to produce. It's not like CH inherited a dumpster fire and had to completely rebuild. Five years is enough to know where he was taking the program. As for Elliott, I appreciate his enthusiasm for USC, but his lines were mediocre at best.

Wow...you're really going to tell someone in here to "grow up"? I'm thinking he admitted to Holbrook needing to go, just like I have admitted the past few weeks. Like me...he just gets tired of reading Gamecock fans tearing into a coach that they don't think is doing a good job. Holbrook is case in point. The man is leaving Carolina with a 65% winning percentage, having averaged 40 wins a year. One year, was one win away from Omaha, another year was 2 wins away from Omaha. The problem was, in 2 of his 5 years, he didn't even make the tourney. Carolina should never miss the tourney. According to some in here though, he was a terrible coach. That...is incorrect! He is a good coach, just not good enough for our program. We'll see what his future holds.

If Muschamp has the same season as last year ( or worse ) then a portion of the fan base will get more disenfranchised.

Did you go to Harvard? Because even I, a lowly USC graduate, know that "disenfranchise" does not mean what you seem to think that it means. It means to take the right to vote away from somebody. You probably meant "disenchanted."

Wow...you're really going to tell someone in here to "grow up"? I'm thinking he admitted to Holbrook needing to go, just like I have admitted the past few weeks. Like me...he just gets tired of reading Gamecock fans tearing into a coach that they don't think is doing a good job. Holbrook is case in point. The man is leaving Carolina with a 65% winning percentage, having averaged 40 wins a year. One year, was one win away from Omaha, another year was 2 wins away from Omaha. The problem was, in 2 of his 5 years, he didn't even make the tourney. Carolina should never miss the tourney. According to some in here though, he was a terrible coach. That...is incorrect! He is a good coach, just not good enough for our program. We'll see what his future holds.
Awesome, someone who finally understood the origional post. Thank you!!

This past year saw Shawn Elliot leave to the joy of some ( I personally thought he was a great coach but had no support recruiting top talent until Muschamp came in) . Then Frank martin got the basketball team to the final four so any who complained could no longer do so unless they looked really, really ridiculous. Finally Holbrook is gone, who I am not saying is not the right decision but still was the brunt of alot of gamecock fan ire. So now, we have Muschamp who looks to be turning things around, Frank who had team in final four, Dawn who won national title, and will have a new baseball coach who hopefully all will be behind. So who does that leave? It wouldnt be the FGF without some wanting some coach fired. Is it Berson(men soccer)? Softball coach? Or maybe a football team manager? Just curious. Or will we finally be satisfied for a while? Which is what I hope

You lost me after your first sentence. Eliot = 'a great coach'? LOL!!!

Did you go to Harvard? Because even I, a lowly USC graduate, know that "disenfranchise" does not mean what you seem to think that it means. It means to take the right to vote away from somebody. You probably meant "disenchanted."

dis·en·fran·chise
  • deprived of power; marginalized.
    "a hard core of kids who are disenfranchised and don't feel connected to the school"

Reactions: rogue cock
Regardless of intelligence level, fans will be fans. Some good, some bad. That doesn't just pertain to Gamecock fans, it's in every fan base on every team.

Yup. Ready any message board or talk to fans of just about any team and you'll find a cross section fairly similar from school to school. It's kinda funny, sometimes.

And it's not just nowadays, either, though I think we (some, not all) fans today expect more from people and want faster gratification than we used to. You can blame part of that on money, i.e., coaches salaries. But I also think there's more of a "I should be entertained, I should be gratified, I should get what I want and if I don't then it's somebody's fault," element to the way we are as a society today.

I don't know if that's the self-esteem movement or the result of being marketed at and told we're 'consumers' who 'deserve' the best all the time, but you see it in traffic (people driving like nobody else matters), and at sporting events where people lose their minds over trivial stuff.

But then we wouldn't be the recipients of these gems on a regular basis!

[/QUOTE]

Damn, did Todd have an orgasm there at the end of that call??? LOL

Seriously how long have you been a Carolina fan? We have a long history of overpaying coaches for underperforming. It's okay for the fanbase to have expectations. I'm sorry Chad's departure still has you upset.
If Tanner hires a good proven baseball coach , we should be ok in all the major sports.

Who ever yells and makes a public spectacle of their best player in contests with Clemson for being fired up, and basically take's Clemson's side publicly, and then lose said series or contest, will be fired.

giphy.gif

Elliot was not mediocre. He did what he could while surrounded by incompetence for a couple of years. I do always want whats best for this school and athletics and really wanted Brad Scott gone but again, you are not reading the intent of the origional post. We always want someone fired and are never satisfied unless we complain but I guess by reading your posts, it is clear you already have your list of who to fire. Yes there are some that need to be fired or let go. Heck, I was one of the loudest about Deke Adams while he was here. THAT was incompetence. However, it seems if something goes bad just one time, then it is time for that coach to go. Deke proved it over ad over, Chad did show he was not bext for the job, but there are other coaches who are pretty darn good but yet we still want someone else because we think that is who will take us to the top. Didnt alot want Tanner fired? Look what happened there? Didnt alot want Frank fired? Look what happened there. The point is, dont look for someone to get fired just because you want to have something to complain about. If that is the case then ALL of us would be fired quite quickly.

You don't know much, do you, bud?

This past year saw Shawn Elliot leave to the joy of some ( I personally thought he was a great coach but had no support recruiting top talent until Muschamp came in) . Then Frank martin got the basketball team to the final four so any who complained could no longer do so unless they looked really, really ridiculous. Finally Holbrook is gone, who I am not saying is not the right decision but still was the brunt of alot of gamecock fan ire. So now, we have Muschamp who looks to be turning things around, Frank who had team in final four, Dawn who won national title, and will have a new baseball coach who hopefully all will be behind. So who does that leave? It wouldnt be the FGF without some wanting some coach fired. Is it Berson(men soccer)? Softball coach? Or maybe a football team manager? Just curious. Or will we finally be satisfied for a while? Which is what I hope[/Q
The next biggest loser.

This past year saw Shawn Elliot leave to the joy of some ( I personally thought he was a great coach but had no support recruiting top talent until Muschamp came in) . Then Frank martin got the basketball team to the final four so any who complained could no longer do so unless they looked really, really ridiculous. Finally Holbrook is gone, who I am not saying is not the right decision but still was the brunt of alot of gamecock fan ire. So now, we have Muschamp who looks to be turning things around, Frank who had team in final four, Dawn who won national title, and will have a new baseball coach who hopefully all will be behind. So who does that leave? It wouldnt be the FGF without some wanting some coach fired. Is it Berson(men soccer)? Softball coach? Or maybe a football team manager? Just curious. Or will we finally be satisfied for a while? Which is what I hope
Winning solves everything.

Reactions: pluffmud
I wish I could have responded to your original post first so I could predict all the cry babies responses. Since I missed that opportunity, I'll just say we all know who you are and won't forget who you are. Insecure adolescents that pitch fits when they don't get their bottle. I wish they would all go away and just rent some dogs to pet and cry in silence. These so called fans are the true "snowflakes" that our weakened society has allowed to flourish.

I'm sick of reading their dribble just to get to real intelligent posters. But it's a free society.

Can we start an FGF snowflake kennel and use the rent revenue to pay more for coaches? They have this liberal elitism whining that they think is a benefit to our school. If we take the rent money from the snowflake kennel we could hire away Saban on a weeks worth of tears.

If one of your kids "isn't producing" do you fire them from the family or stick with them? I realize there's a line to be drawn somewhere but it just appalls to see the way some people here operate with zero loyalty. Win, win, win, the second you don't I hate you, you were never any good anyway, get out of here ASAP. Regular life doesn't work that way...people have ups and downs and you can't make a knee jerk reaction every time.

In before "he gets paid a lot of money to take the heat!!"
Losing nine series in one season is not a knee jerk reaction.

Reactions: pluffmud

Ward...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT