ADVERTISEMENT

Social media criticism and the players response

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
There’s been so much said about what impression this leads to in the players and new recruits. I’m going to spill the beans here...they all do it! And I think Jake read it and responded positively to it! He has played worlds better lately. Maybe the linebackers should read it and respond too!

Reactions: viennacocks
There’s been so much said about what impression this leads to in the players and new recruits. I’m going to spill the beans here...they all do it! And I think Jake read it and responded positively to it! He has played worlds better lately. Maybe the linebackers should read it and respond too!
I don't think Jake needed to read social media to know that he wasn't playing his best, and I doubt that is what motivated him. Nevertheless, posting negative crap on social media may very well influence recruits.

No not berate just express discontent it’s normal. Maybe this is what it will take to get our 2 and 3 Star players to play like a 4/5 star player.

Well the part I disagree with is with social media there is no one to enforce when something is over the line....so to me I just feel saying going online and calling out guys play is not a generally wise thing to promote in the broad terms that your post seems to promote it.
Plus if you dont know the person personally I think its awfully bold, rude, etc. to go on thier personal social media to call them out (even if the rest of the world is jumping off the proverbial "bridge", doesnt make it OK)

Last edited:
I can help Jake...
On that first pass, aim for the receivers hips.;)

Dumb

Let's take it ONE STEP FURTHER. Let's berate them after wins too. If you hold them to the standard of an NFL team, they'll turn into one.

Reactions: rogue cock
Social impact has zero impact on players and coaches. Been in the coaching business for forty years and the only think players do is pull-up some site to get their laughs sometimes at what is said. Coaches are not affected at all. That's my experience with it.

Social media has zero impact. Trying to watch GB vs NE and do this at the same time. Ain't capable, I guess.

No not berate just express discontent it’s normal. Maybe this is what it will take to get our 2 and 3 Star players to play like a 4/5 star player.
thats about the silliest thing i have read lately....nothing good comes out of berating the players and it sure doesnt help recruiting....i swear i thing clemson fans are low enough to pretend to ne usc fans so they can do that to us...surely our own fans dont really do it

I've got some breaking news, nothing you post online matters. Whether sports, politics, religion, etc, it has absolutely 0 impact.
Yeah, that's why there's so much interest in foreign countries trying to manipulate elections through social media. smh

Social impact has zero impact on players and coaches. Been in the coaching business for forty years and the only think players do is pull-up some site to get their laughs sometimes at what is said. Coaches are not affected at all. That's my experience with it.
But, it might affect a recruit and their family.

Well I can tell you thing, the (some) Taters are still berating Kelly Bryant with some going so far as saying they made the playoff in spite of him. Those people are spoiled ja’s. Not to mention egging Boyd’s house, and the vitriol flowing through Tiggernet a few short years ago. Didn’t matter, still got Sammy after a 6-7 season, plus all the recruits in the waning Spurrier years, when we were still doubling them up. Brand new F-150’s, and car washes are the only thing that will ever fix our problem at this point

Well I can tell you thing, the (some) Taters are still berating Kelly Bryant with some going so far as saying they made the playoff in spite of him. Those people are spoiled ja’s. Not to mention egging Boyd’s house, and the vitriol flowing through Tiggernet a few short years ago. Didn’t matter, still got Sammy after a 6-7 season, plus all the recruits in the waning Spurrier years, when we were still doubling them up. Brand new F-150’s, and car washes are the only thing that will ever fix our problem at this point

Car washes?

Based on what I'm hearing (and I'll leave it at that) Jake believes that he'll be playing in the NFL next season. With that in mind, I doubt he takes social media seriously in his world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT