ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody's lying. I just watched SEC inside...

Sumter Cock

Nov 29, 1998
They followed us for our first two games, and the program showed me that some of the things that have recently been written about our team and coaches are total BS.

Namely, a blog writer who gave his "view from the sideline" said that he saw a total lack of enthusiasm among our players and coaches.
We were "monotonous", he said.

I call bulls**t.

What I saw on our sideline were players that were engaged, emotional, and into the game.
The coaches, including Spurrier, were coaching hard, getting in players faces, and praising them enthusiastically after good plays.

Not just during the 2nd half, but in the 1st, and in the locker room at half, too.

What I saw during the broadcast was not anything like what had been portrayed in the article. Not anywhere close to it.

I'm not sure what the motive is behind those who write such garbage, but I'm am starting to believe what Spurrier said in his impromptu press conference: We have " enemies" whose only desire must be to tear him, and our program down.

I will not link the corn flakes article, because I won't send anyone their way anymore, but if you choose, you can read that article for yourself, and the other venomous crap article posted there this week.

My hope would be that this guy would never again have the privilege to have a view from our sideline.

And no, I do not get upset every time something negative gets written about us. Sometimes it's warranted.

But when we are being fed untruths, then that pisses me off, because it serves no other purpose than to do harm to our program.

Last edited:
They followed us for our first two games, and some of the things that have recently been written about our team and coaches are total BS.

Namely, a blog writer who gave his "view from the sideline" said that he saw a total lack of enthusiasm among our players and coaches.

I call bulls**t.

What I saw on the were players that were engaged, emotional, and into the game.
The coaches, including Spurrier, were coaching hard, getting in players faces, and praising them enthusiastically after good plays.

Not just during the 2nd half, but in the 1st, in the locker room at half, too.

What I saw was not anything like what had been written.

I'm not sure what the motive is behind those who write such garbage, but I'm am starting to believe what Spurrier said in his impromptu press conference:
We have " enemies" whose only desire to tear him, and our program down.

I will not link the cereal article, because I won't send anyone their way, but if you choose, you can read that article for yourself, and the other venomous crap article posted there this week.
They do it for the same reason that nearly defunct Stank newspaper and every other publication writes these type sensationalism articles...for money.

You nailed it with your quote from the HBC...do not listen to the enemy.

The network's coverage serves as the successor to an eponymous syndication package (later renamed SEC TV), which was produced by its syndication arm ESPN Regional Television.

SEC Network is operated out of ESPNU's facilities in Charlotte, North Carolina.

While Charlotte is not an SEC market itself, it is in close proximity to universities that are members of the conference and shares a television market with the northern part of South Carolina, which is part of the South Carolina Gamecocks' television market.
Not sure I get the point of your post or how it relates to my post.
Could you explain?

Not sure I get the point of your post or how it relates to my post.
Could you explain?
sorry about your confusion...

the SECN originates in north carolina

acc country

please let me know if you require any additional information

thank you

go cocks!

sorry about your confusion...

the SECN originates in north carolina

acc country

please let me know if you require any additional information

thank you

go cocks!
I still don't get the point.

If you read my post, it had nothing to do with the SEC Network itself, other than I watched their film that showed me that an article written on another site was wrong.

I made no comments about the network, or where they are located.
And those facts have no bearing on the subject of the post.

Thus, I am still confused as to what your reply has to do with my criticism of the article.

I still don't get the point.

If you read my post, it had nothing to do with the SEC Network itself, other than I watched their film that showed me that an article written on another site was wrong.

I made no comments about the network, or where they are located.
And those facts have no bearing on the subject of the post.

Thus, I am still confused as to what your reply has to do with my criticism of the article.

"it had nothing to do with the SEC Network itself, other than I watched their film"

bless your heart...

go cocks!

"it had nothing to do with the SEC Network itself, other than I watched their film"

bless your heart...

go cocks!
Still, I ask a simple question.

What does the SEC Network have to do with anything I wrote about?

Hell, it could have just as well been film shot on someone's cell, or WIS footage that showed me that the ARTICLE was misleading.

The main point of my original post was not to comment either positively or negatively on the network. They are not subject of my post, the article is.

Now if you can't understand what the subject of my post was, then bless your heart.

bless your heart...

go cocks!

The OP never said the film he watched was slanted against USC. He claimed the blog post written by the sideline reporter was biased against us. Read much?

They followed us for our first two games, and the program showed me that some of the things that have recently been written about our team and coaches are total BS.

I call bulls**t.

What I saw on our sideline were players that were engaged, emotional, and into the game.

Not just during the 2nd half, but in the 1st, and in the locker room at half, too.

What I saw during the broadcast was not anything like what had been portrayed in the article. Not anywhere close to it.

I'm not sure what the motive is behind those who write such garbage, but I'm am starting to believe what Spurrier said in his impromptu press conference: We have " enemies" whose only desire must be to tear him, and our program down.

I will not link the corn flakes article, because I won't send anyone their way anymore, but if you choose, you can read that article for yourself, and the other venomous crap article posted there this week.

My hope would be that this guy would never again have the privilege to have a view from our sideline.

And no, I do not get upset every time something negative gets written about us. Sometimes it's warranted.

But when we are being fed untruths, then that pisses me off, because it serves no other purpose than to do harm to our program.
It's called "personal perception". If he saw more enthusiasm on the Kentucky sideline than ours he has no reason to lie and it could be actually what he saw. We see this as negative because of our passion for the team. This guy has no passion for our team and I assume he has none for Kentucky. I wish everyone would just stop accusing writers of trying to bring down the program. Writers want a good story and Spurrier being successful here is a good story....but him failing here is a good story too...in other words Spurrier is a good story no matter what. They have no reason to make him look bad or good. Is it factual, all of what they write...no....but it is their perception so therefore it becomes factual. You can't have the good and pass on the bad. Life doesn't work that way.

Reactions: atlanta cock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT