ADVERTISEMENT

Someone please tell me how a college player shoots an air ball from the free throw line?

The high arc shooters shoot more air balls. The flat arc shooters make less shots. There was a video last year or the year before of a player in a college game shooting a free throw that went up in the air and hit the floor 1/2 way down the lane. Must of got away from him - like a big fish..

True. At the same time, off season conditioning is far more intense now than back in the day. Guys are bigger, stronger, faster.

If it were possible to field a team that shot 90% from the free throw line and win games, someone would do it.

Maybe the kids who shoot 90% from the line would be better served working on improving their athleticism than practicing free throws.
I've always thought, as a Clemson fan, that this was a huge difference between us and the Dukes and North Carolinas of the world. It always seemed like they were filled with players who could shoot 85 or 90% from the free throw line. Of course, when you get your pick of whatever McDonald's all americans you want, I guess you can decide you're only going to take the kids who can shoot free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT