ADVERTISEMENT

Something sure does smell like shit in Pickens County($$$$$$$$$)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
I still cannot understand how those hillbillies have during the past 3 years have become the darlings of college football with a clown at the helm. If you ask me something ain't right. How in anyone's right mind would a parent send their football playing children to a place on a smelly lake in the middle of no where. And to top it off to play for a lying, cheating, pouting clown like Dabo. I'm telling you Momma's churches($$$$$) sure are getting rich if you ask me. Someone needs to turn them i because I know they are cheating especially to keep getting these 5 star recruits from other states.

They have the # 2 highest paid head coach, they have the # 2 highest paid assistant coach, they built their football opps ahead of us and with more bells and whistles. They are playing for titles, that appeals to some top players, Dabo always went after elite talent even as WR coach and a recruiter for Clemson.

They were able to translate winning into record IPTAY donations.

They have made tremendous staff hires.

They have a AD who worked here before and is a finance/business guy, they understand the return they get from investing in football and taking it seriously and winning.

Maybe they cheated some in the past, but they have made a bunch of correct moves to get where they are

Meanwhile Tanner looked the other way, let Spurrier make a bunch of garbage hires and garbage promotions, had no succession plan, let us fall behind because we were beating them on the field which motivated them, and we felt safe and secure, Tanner is tight fisted, doesn't understand or need the return from winning, has the SEC TV money.

It was right there for us to be them (a college football playoff participant) and it unraveled quickly and starts like any company with management.

I'm sure our AD department already has the tweet typed up and ready congratulating our "friends" in the upstate on another natty, just like last year.

They have the # 2 highest paid head coach, they have the # 2 highest paid assistant coach, they built their football opps ahead of us and with more bells and whistles. They are playing for titles, that appeals to some top players, Dabo always went after elite talent even as WR coach and a recruiter for Clemson.

They have a AD who worked here before and is a finance/business guy, they understand the return they get from investing in football and taking it seriously and winning.

Maybe they cheated some in the past, but they have made a bunch of correct moves to get where they are

Meanwhile Tanner looked the other way, let Spurrier make a bunch of garbage hires and garbage promotions, had no succession plan, let us fall behind because we were beating them on the field which motivated them, and we felt safe and secure, Tanner is tight fisted, doesn't understand or need the return from winning, has the SEC TV money.

It was right there for us to be them (a college football playoff participant) and it unraveled quickly and starts like any company with management.

I'm sure our AD department already has the tweet typed up and ready congratulating our "friends" in the upstate on another natty, just like last year.

Also, don't forget that they were one of the first teams to using social media as a recruiting tool...

This isn't your typical 13 - 19 year old kids who play sports... They kids hope on the computer play games to relax after school and practice...

Kids today love teh 15 minutes of fame and can't get enough of it...

I hate to see Clemson beat the crap out of us in every area, but I do enjoy watching what Clemson is doing...

We're looking at a modern day Frank Howard or Danny Ford with Dabo...

All three from Alabama and maybe we should have hired coaches from Alabama... They seem to bring winning with them everywhere they go...

Also, don't forget that they were one of the first teams to using social media as a recruiting tool...

This isn't your typical 13 - 19 year old kids who play sports... They kids hope on the computer play games to relax after school and practice...

Kids today love teh 15 minutes of fame and can't get enough of it...

I hate to see Clemson beat the crap out of us in every area, but I do enjoy watching what Clemson is doing...

We're looking at a modern day Frank Howard or Danny Ford with Dabo...

All three from Alabama and maybe we should have hired coaches from Alabama... They seem to bring winning with them everywhere they go...

Yep and I'm tired of the random they cheated post with nothing to back it up, i have gotten caught up in it to, but until their is any proof, its a stale take.

if you start to see what they have been doing while we gave dollars to Jon Hoke, its clear they are much better at this chess game that is the business of college football.

I'm convinced the only way to start to change this current reality is for them to lose some assistants, like Venables and make some mistakes in hiring.

The national media is not picking up on the fact that 3 of the 4 playoff head coaches first job is the school they have in the playoff, Riley, Smart, Dabo.

FSU should go Assistant and get Venables and start take some steam out of the Clemson train.

Yep and I'm tired of the random they cheated post with nothing to back it up, i have gotten caught up in it to, but until their is any proof, its a stale take.

if you start to see what they have been doing while we gave dollars to Jon Hoke, its clear they are much better at this chess game that is the business of college football.

I'm convinced the only way to start to change this current reality is for them to lose some assistants, like Venables and make some mistakes in hiring.

The national media is not picking up on the fact that 3 of the 4 playoff head coaches first job is the school they have in the playoff, Riley, Smart, Dabo.

FSU should go Assistant and get Venables and start take some steam out of the Clemson train.

My son is a Clemson student and I can see first hand what they do in Clemson and it is a different culture in Clemson... Very tight knit student body and they like to keep it that way to by bringing in players from country areas and make it feel like home...

Nothing wrong with that... The same way in Auburn too...

Those who ask "why would a kid go to a school in the middle of nowhere" haven't been to many SEC towns. Several are out in the middle of nowhere

Clemson has a beautiful campus and sells a tight family type atmosphere. The "they cheat and are hillbillies" sounds like a bunch of city boy sore losers.

If you haven't noticed a lot of big time recruits play in small to midsize Southern towns like Gaffney. Ever been to Dutch Fork or South Pointe HS? Best programs in the state aren't in places like Dreher or Keenan. It's that way over a lot of the South

Last edited:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's Right!

During Dabo's building of their program, we had a $4,000,000.00 a year coach that bragged about not working hard and an AD that couldn't do anything about it. Oh, and a recruiting coordinator that didn't like recruiting.
I disagree with this argument. Because this whole thing didn't start a couple of years before Spurrier quit. When we beat them 5 in a row it wasn't like they were 6-6 or something . Clemson was winning 10 games a year like us. And winning bowl games and finishing the season ranked. Dabo keep working to improve.

Sounds like some of you need a group hug with ol Da'Blo.

IMHO Clempsun is STILL the debil, their campus is the pit of hell, their weminz are ho's, the youth are thieving thugs and punks, their coaches stab puppies, fry kittens and microwave hamsters, and their endless delusional babbling is the source of global warming/climate change. When the world comes to an end and the Earth explodes into billions of shards of rock and molten rock in a blip of light throughout the universal the voices of DaBlo, Ford, Pell and Howard will be heard laughing lightyears away.

They suck.

I disagree with this argument. Because this whole thing didn't start a couple of years before Spurrier quit. When we beat them 5 in a row it wasn't like they were 6-6 or something . Clemson was winning 10 games a year like us. And winning bowl games and finishing the season ranked. Dabo keep working to improve.

Also, don't forget... Clemson was about to run Dabo off for losing to us 5 years in a row...

Sad, But i agree...How you go from 5 straight over clemmy, 11-2 seasons...AAAAAAAAAAND you muck it up with the coaching hires, not staying in the recruiting world...THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HIRE OLD COACHES...THEY GET TIRED AND LAZY!!!!!

Also, don't forget... Clemson was about to run Dabo off for losing to us 5 years in a row...

We were nowhere close to running Dabo off. The 5 year streak was awful for our fan base and program, but we were beating Ohio St and LSU in major bowls, winning 10-11 games, conference titles. It was hard losing to USC but it didn’t define the progress of the program.

We were nowhere close to running Dabo off. The 5 year streak was awful for our fan base and program, but we were beating Ohio St and LSU in major bowls, winning 10-11 games, conference titles. It was hard losing to USC but it didn’t define the progress of the program.
Don't forget the charity Orange bowls due to BCS tie-ins.
And you still hold the record hold a record that I hope sCUm holds for decades...worst bowl loss in college football history.

Swinney was on the hot seat entering 2011. His hire of Chad Morris saved it, and the hire of Venables put it over the top.

Swinney was on the hot seat entering 2011. His hire of Chad Morris saved it, and the hire of Venables put it over the top.

In 2011 yes...his seat was getting very hot. The Coordinator hires were key. Sorry if I misunderstood the original post...I took it to mean after 2013 and the 5 streak. By then he’s solidified his position and was in no trouble.

Don't forget the charity Orange bowls due to BCS tie-ins.
And you still hold the record hold a record that I hope sCUm holds for decades...worst bowl loss in college football history.

Honestly don’t debate or disagree there were other teams (USC in 2013) more deserving and the BCS tie-in rules were dumb. But we got an opportunity nonetheless and we capitalized.

Nobody cares about the 2011 Orange Bowl anymore except y’all. That loss did more good for Dabo and Clemson in the lessons learned and staff changes than any negative effects of the butt whipping we took on the field that night.

Honestly don’t debate or disagree there were other teams (USC in 2013) more deserving and the BCS tie-in rules were dumb. But we got an opportunity nonetheless and we capitalized.

Nobody cares about the 2011 Orange Bowl anymore except y’all. That loss did more good for Dabo and Clemson in the lessons learned and staff changes than any negative effects of the butt whipping we took on the field that night.
Spoken like a true tater. Ignore it and it never happened.
Bury anything negative so deep you can't remember it, and if it's brought up it doesn't matter to anyone except USC fans. Lol

Spoken like a true tater. Ignore it and it never happened.
Bury anything negative so deep you can't remember it, and if it's brought up it doesn't matter to anyone except USC fans. Lol

I didn’t say it didn’t happen, I said it did happen but nobody cares. Y’all bring it up like it still hurts or something...look what we’ve done since that game. If I offered you the same deal...get destroyed in a major bowl but the next 6 years you’ll accomplish what we have you’d take it every time. Every program not named Alabama would. I even acknowledged the game happened and that our HC learned from it and made improvements to our staff as a reaction to the game. So please help me understand how I’ve ignored it in any way?

During Dabo's building of their program, we had a $4,000,000.00 a year coach that bragged about not working hard and an AD that couldn't do anything about it. Oh, and a recruiting coordinator that didn't like recruiting.
I watched an SEC stories about Spurrier before the 2014 season where he emphasized Work life balance and no reason to spend so much time working like the other “grinders”. He encouraged his staff to have the same attitude. Sounds great when you’re coming off 3 11 win seasons but then that Texas A and M game in 2014.

Reactions: Cyclone94
A friend's son an in state kid and life long Gamecock was being recruited a few years back during our run of 11-1 seasons and 5 wins against Clem. He has two large boxes of mail his son received from every Power 5 school in the southeast except one and some from as far as the west coast. The only school that he did not receive even the first postcard from was USC. He had a stack a foot high from Clem. The mail began flowing in after his sophomore season. I know receiving recruiting mail is no big deal in the scheme of things but the fact that our program is the only one the kid never received even a hint of interest from indicates a symptom of a poor recruiting effort. This is just a simple indicator of why our program crashed and burned by the end of SOS tenure.

I didn’t say it didn’t happen, I said it did happen but nobody cares. Y’all bring it up like it still hurts or something...look what we’ve done since that game. If I offered you the same deal...get destroyed in a major bowl but the next 6 years you’ll accomplish what we have you’d take it every time. Every program not named Alabama would. I even acknowledged the game happened and that our HC learned from it and made improvements to our staff as a reaction to the game. So please help me understand how I’ve ignored it in any way?
tenor.gif

Here's your help.

Taternet...
7jwgZ.gif

Whatever, I am just not looking forward to the Clemz fan arrogance to be at a even higher level. But I guess they have earned the right.
no, the fans havent earned anything....yall also need to remember that dabo found his shortcomings playing against our d-line during the 5 in a row....now we need to remember that it is all won on the los....everyone else looks better when your lines dominate...and that is exactly how we won and now they are doing the same...so,basically in a roundabout way sos showed dabo how to build his team

no, the fans havent earned anything....yall also need to remember that dabo found his shortcomings playing against our d-line during the 5 in a row....now we need to remember that it is all won on the los....everyone else looks better when your lines dominate...and that is exactly how we won and now they are doing the same...so,basically in a roundabout way sos showed dabo how to build his team
Bingo! Also, Gus Malzahn offense after they beat us in SEC Chan game in 2010. They hired Chad Morris because he was a Malzahn deciple.

That’s true

I still cannot understand how those hillbillies have during the past 3 years have become the darlings of college football with a clown at the helm. If you ask me something ain't right. How in anyone's right mind would a parent send their football playing children to a place on a smelly lake in the middle of no where. And to top it off to play for a lying, cheating, pouting clown like Dabo. I'm telling you Momma's churches($$$$$) sure are getting rich if you ask me. Someone needs to turn them i because I know they are cheating especially to keep getting these 5 star recruits from other states.

But.....But, nobody asked you.........either time

Spot on!

This is so old...i think I knew in the eighties that football is won on the Los. But, if you can be a part of our success story, and it makes you feel good to tell yourself that Scar taught Dabo how to coach...well, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT