ADVERTISEMENT

Something to think about.. Bama vs SC 2019

I heard Greg McElroy talking about that 2010 Bama team over the weekend. He said, after they demolished Michigan State in their bowl game, Kirk Cousins came up to him and asked, "how did you guys lose 3 games?"

We haven't exactly been smoked by Bama recently. Aren't we something like 3-2 against them in our last 5 games?

(yeah, we probably get smoked next season)

Believe we'll see a more competitive game that what we saw this year versus UGA.

I already have a feeling about that game. Much like 2010, when the electricity before the game was palpable. Of course, that was a hell of a team we had. They also lost to UK the very next week. I’ve been as hard as anyone on Jake this year, but he stepped up huge, when he could’ve checked out. If he played UGA like he did CU, it’s much more of a game. If he keeps it going to start the season, who knows? Anyway, early exciting game of what will be a ball buster season. We aren’t devoid of talent at all, and hopefully, we have a fully healthy D on 9/14, we escape unc with no injuries, and just about every starter sits most of the CSU game. Bama fans are already getting on my nerves talking about revenge. Like winning 60 nc’s since then isn’t enough. It also implies to me it shouldn’t have happened. It should’ve. It was one of the most flawless games I’ve ever seen us play, and the gameplan(s) on O and D were perfect. If only we didn’t let Auburn off the hook in the Plains earlier that season......

Btw, between that game and the Hootie game, this might be the craziest weekend in Cola Town ever. I already reserved a couple of hotel rooms just in case, and I’m not the only one. That Staybridge Suites on Huger, nice hotel and all, but not $389 per night nice that I saw when I was reserving rooms elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockblack
All I know for sure is I will be there.
I like our chances to be 2 & 0 going into that game.
We are going to need to steal a W or 2 from some unexpected teams next year to have any sorta relevance in the east standings.

Do we have our Hurricane weekend scheduled for next year ?

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
All I know for sure is I will be there.
I like our chances to be 2 & 0 going into that game.
We are going to need to steal a W or 2 from some unexpected teams next year to have any sorta relevance in the east standings.

Do we have our Hurricane weekend scheduled for next year ?

It was that weekend this year, so hopefully we get lucky in 2019

I'm not worried about it anyway. I know what's going to happen.
You know? You always say "you know" what's up with that you don't know anymore than the rest of us why is you always "know" about negative outcomes? You'd be be gold in Vegas telling folks who are about to place a bad bet not to do it. I hope I live long enough to see you our side.Eyeroll

You know? You always say "you know" what's up with that you don't know anymore than the rest of us why is you always "know" about negative outcomes? You'd be be gold in Vegas telling folks who are about to place a bad bet not to do it. I hope I live long enough to see you our side.Eyeroll
Go back and count up how many times I've said "I know".

It’s going to be an absolute hell hole for an opposing team for at least the opening kickoff, I can promise you that. Everyone will still be drunk from Hootie the night before

I just hope Tua doesn’t take the wind out of the sails with a 67 yard TD on the opening drive

Reactions: gamecockblack
Or Jake throws a pick six.

I don't know what kind of team we will have, but the environment, assuming we are 2-0, is going to be epic.
I know that game is so long away, but us getting a jump on them will be imperative. I trust that BMac will have a nice offensive game plan drawn up.

guess I'm not so eloquent as Yogi then :)

none of us are, no slight towards any of us:

Cock of Earl & King Ward = honorable mention
Jeff has team spirit
Rod is not afraid to go there
Freddie is eloquent
Kitchen Lab and BatGirl are just correct.

BUT YOGI is the one and only.
Its not over till its over

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT