ADVERTISEMENT

Somethings in life are so satisfying you can’t put into words ...

Sounds like BobbyB was speaking the only language the lady could understand and helping a fellow human out. The reason I would still suggest caution is that people are so nuts you don’t know if they are going to go back to the car and grab a gun to come shoot you. If only we could replace guns with tranquilizer darts, the world would be a better place. You could have shot that lady and brought her down from an 11 to a 3, and she might have really had a nice meal.

Haha . I’m all for pocket tranquilizers !!! If you invent one maybe I’ll be your first customer . Could come in handy in so many situations. Still waiting for apple to put a taser is a cellphone . I’ll download that app . Even pay for it

There are occasionally times where it's hard to keep your mouth shut. I simply do not tolerate line breakers. I've redirected quite a few with only one tense one in Target. When she realized she screwed up, she punished her husband and kids. Poor family, I bet they catch it all the time.

There are occasionally times where it's hard to keep your mouth shut. I simply do not tolerate line breakers. I've redirected quite a few with only one tense one in Target. When she realized she screwed up, she punished her husband and kids. Poor family, I bet they catch it all the time.

Yeah I feel like I’m a very chill person . I’m all about hanging at the beach and hiking and camping and I’ve been known to take a puff or two. I try to live my life as drama free as possible but just Rude , Entitled , and condescending people just trigger me to no end. It’s 100% my biggest hot button. Everybody is just trying to live their best life so don’t be that guy or girl that’s always a buzzkill . This lady was a perfect example . If you don’t wanna wait then go somewhere else .... problem solved . What makes your time any more valuable than the fifty other people who are waiting to be seated and are trying to enjoy their day .

I'll take that 8 pounder on topwater. My biggest topwater bass to date is 7.2 on a Chug Bug. Not to change the subject.

Oh by the way .. my buddy just bought one of those $125 glide baits . ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS !!!! Blows my mind . Anyway the week after he bought it he was throwing it off his dock in the bay just playing with it basically and a 7lb bluefish smoked it and cut him off . Welp live and learn I guess . i told him he was a moron for throwing a $125 dollar bait in saltwater with all the toothy guys swimming around . He bought another one a week later . Still hasn’t caught a bass on it .

Reactions: TheReelEss
Oh by the way .. my buddy just bought one of those $125 glide baits . ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS !!!! Blows my mind . Anyway the week after he bought it he was throwing it off his dock in the bay just playing with it basically and a 7lb bluefish smoked it and cut him off . Welp live and learn I guess . i told him he was a moron for throwing a $125 dollar bait in saltwater with all the toothy guys swimming around . He bought another one a week later . Still hasn’t caught a bass on it .
I have a Savage Gear glide bait. It cost $16, I think and has yet to produce a single nibble. The rear hook gets caught in the rubber tail about every third cast. But my $13 Whopper Plopper size 90 paid off to the tune of 8 fish Saturday morning. The biggest was 3.5 lb. The fish swiped at it twice before it got the hooks. I'll say one thing for the WP. The hooks on it are the sharpest and best quality I've ever had on a bait. I have yet to lose a single fish on it. I switched my heavier topwater rod over to 30# braid. So far, so good. I see people saying that's the way to go with walking baits. Fish pretty much set the hooks in themselves.

So you became what you're "not going to tolerate".

Nope . Didn’t go out of my way that day to be a jerk . Never do . However I think when other people are actively striving to be assholes they need to called out on it . Maybe that’s the wrong opinion but if that was my daughter getting berated for no reason I would hope someone would do the same thing . Just my opinion but I hear what your saying

A perfectly grilled steak , a 8lb Bass on topwater , a perfect sunset , catching the perfect wave ... but this weekend I think I might have eclipsed them all . Calling a Karen a Karen to her face and then watching her imploded in front of a room full of total strangers ... might be one of the most fun things I’ve ever done with clothes on . This has been a terrible summer but at least I’m ending it on a high note .
didn't you just put them into words?

Sorry but this type of behavior is an example of our society. Sure your parents would be proud of you. This
type of behavior in the military would get you a dishonorable discharge. Take your business to McDonald's.
Noone would care. I would point to McDonalds and say go.
Get a life. I’m serious. Get a life. You must be a lotta fun to be around.

I guess it costs so much because it can weigh your fish even if you don't catch it.

Bro Im completely convinced that there are people who just enjoy being miserable and just crotchety. It just bugs them to death that everyone else isn’t wallowing like they are . There are more than a few on here unfortunately. Must be like living with a badger . To each his own I guess !!

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
Man if your life consist of showing the behavior that you displayed I feel sorry for you. My life consists of showing respect to everyone no matter who they are. If you consider fun showing disrepect to people I really feel sorry for you. Your name Coup Nazi sorta explains it all.

Man if your life consist of showing the behavior that you displayed I feel sorry for you. My life consists of showing respect to everyone no matter who they are. If you consider fun showing disrepect to people I really feel sorry for you. Your name Coup Nazi sorta explains it all.

It wasn’t him it was me and hell no I have no problem calling out others who disrespect and bully others . To many people today sit back and do nothing and let jerks continue to be jerks . I have a teenage daughter who works in Restaurants and I be damned if any grown man or woman is gonna scream in her face and call her every name in the book for doing her job. Sorry dude . Can’t disagree with you more but respect your stance if that’s what you believe .

A perfectly grilled steak , a 8lb Bass on topwater , a perfect sunset , catching the perfect wave ... but this weekend I think I might have eclipsed them all . Calling a Karen a Karen to her face and then watching her imploded in front of a room full of total strangers ... might be one of the most fun things I’ve ever done with clothes on . This has been a terrible summer but at least I’m ending it on a high note .
When I read your thread title and post, the very first thing that came to my mind was "McDonald's french fries on the drive home from work." But then I read your second post and now I'm not so sure I should admit that. Eyeroll

As for your story, I'm sure it was satisfying and probably deserved, but you lost me at the three hour wait for a table. lol. I have never in my life wanted any meal long enough to wait three hours for it. In my opinion, any restaurant where people are routinely waiting 2 and 3 hours for a table ought to expect these types of confrontations every night.

Multiple times I’ve explained my screen name here. There is no reason I need to repeat that for you. Your life consists of showing respect to everyone no matter who they are? There’s a long line of people who’ve committed heinous crimes who appreciate your words. I show respect for those who merit respect. However if someone is a butthole and puts on a demonstration to prove it, they are due no respect whatsoever. Sounds like you need help figuring out the difference.

When I read your thread title and post, the very first thing that came to my mind was "McDonald's french fries on the drive home from work." But then I read your second post and now I'm not so sure I should admit that. Eyeroll

As for your story, I'm sure it was satisfying and probably deserved, but you lost me at the three hour wait for a table. lol. I have never in my life wanted any meal long enough to wait three hours for it. In my opinion, any restaurant where people are routinely waiting 2 and 3 hours for a table ought to expect these types of confrontations every night.

Haha yeah usually I feel the same way but when it’s your kids birthday and that’s what she wants then that’s what she gets . You know, I play gigs regularly at this restaurant and very rarely do I see this kind of confrontation. Usually when people are told the wait times they either choose to get put on the list and chill at the bar or they leave and go elsewhere . I think what triggered me the most is the fact that nobody else in that building mattered but her and her crew . Some people had already waited for an hour and she might have been there 20 minutes at the most . Again I’m with you on the wait times . Unfortunately where I live from Memorial Day to Labor Day literally every restaurant that isn’t fast food you kinda expect 1 to 2 hour wait times . Just trade off of living in a tourist town . Not that bad .

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Multiple times I’ve explained my screen name here. There is no reason I need to repeat that for you. Your life consists of showing respect to everyone no matter who they are? There’s a long line of people who’ve committed heinous crimes who appreciate your words. I show respect for those who merit respect. However if someone is a butthole and puts on a demonstration to prove it, they are due no respect whatsoever. Sounds like you need help figuring out the difference.

Agree with you but I did forget your name explanation or missed your post about it.

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
I picture Karen as a mommy with short, colored hair (in the let-me-speak-to-the-manager style). She drives a big SUV of the highest trim level. She has a degree, but is a stay-at-home mom. She sent her kids back to school anyway for some "me time". The kids play soccer or lacrosse. She does Pilates. She has a spoiled rotten labradoodle. They have a lake house. Maybe, they have a pool as well. They keep an expensive boat in storage at a marina and use it twice a year. They have two precious children who can do no wrong. The husband wears collared shirts anytime he goes outside. He has Salt Life sticker in the back window of his King Ranch pickup but he never fishes. Nobody knows much about him because he's always too busy supporting the lifestyle to enjoy it. If he ever loses his earning potential, Karen will decide they were just holding it together for the kids.

Of course, I'm stereotyping upper middle to lower upper class white people. How'd I do? This description fits a good many people I've known through the years. Actually, most people have some Karen in them. It's an overwhelming desire to not be pushed around. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Most of our wives have more of it than we do.

The part about the husband only wearing collared shirts was priceless.

Wow, I'll throw $10.00 lures inshore on braid only. There's no way in hell I'd throw a $125.00 lure where bluefish and the giant redfish roam.

No help needed. Man you keep on doing things like this in life and you will be on the wrong side. What if that was your mother, girlfriend, daughter and you saw someone disrepecting them. Sure you would think it would be funny. Well just saying be careful who you disrepect because karma can be really hard. Go on with your Nazi way of thinking and you will be in for a life of hardship. Wish you the best in the future.

No help needed. Man you keep on doing things like this in life and you will be on the wrong side. What if that was your mother, girlfriend, daughter and you saw someone disrepecting them. Sure you would think it would be funny. Well just saying be careful who you disrepect because karma can be really hard. Go on with your Nazi way of thinking and you will be in for a life of hardship. Wish you the best in the future.
It's a play on the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

I had a similar incident recently where my wife stopped me from interfering. The family in question were seated near to us and the lady instantly starts berating the waitress (also our waitress) who was having a little bit of trouble before they came in. They hadn't been waiting, the lady started loudly demanding that their food be prepared just so, and was getting louder as the waitress asked her to repeat a few of the more unusual parts. The woman then proceeds to berate her the whole meal. The waitress was obviously stressed and got our order wrong, which I assured her was not a problem. She fixed it quickly, so it really was only a minor inconvenience, but this retarded woman noticed and said something to the effect of "Don't screw up everyone's order like you're going to ours." My wife said she understood what I was saying but it was better not to make a scene right now. We left a big tip, a nice note to let the waitress know she's not doing anything wrong and let the manager know that customer was being a real bitch to the staff. I'm pretty sure she got "extra seasoning" in her food.

The term "Karen" wasn't around then, but I think of that actress who played the disgruntled restaurant patron Ryan Reynolds' character served in the movie Waiting. I think it was out in 2004.
Anyway, she kept bitching and complaining, and he told the kitchen staff. They definitely put some extra "seasoning" on her order. Some of that fromunda cheese, if you know what I mean.....

Wow, I'll throw $10.00 lures inshore on brexactlh aid only. There's no way in hell I'd throw a $125.00 lure where bluefish and the giant redfish roam.

Yeah exactly !!!! What’s funny is he said he’s lived there 10 years and never caught a bluefish off that dock . I told him that’s god telling you not to buy $125 dollar glide baits . Yeah I lost about $75 dollars worth of top dogs and zara spooks to ravaging blues and Spanish one afternoon and learned my lesson .

Haha write it down next time . I think I have a medical condition where that part of the brain that says “Ya know .. probably not a great idea” just doesn’t function correctly In many situations . My wife can definitely concur .

For the most part my wife has a unique ability to elbow me in the rib cage when she’s standing close enough and knows I may feel the need to speak up. When not within elbowing distance she will smile and then tell me I should not have said anything once we get to the car. She respects the fact that I say what I mean and it’s not a lie, just wishes I had the ability to hold the tongue more. I appreciate her perspective but at least you know where you stand with me.

For the most part my wife has a unique ability to elbow me in the rib cage when she’s standing close enough and knows I may feel the need to speak up. When not within elbowing distance she will smile and then tell me I should not have said anything once we get to the car. She respects the fact that I say what I mean and it’s not a lie, just wishes I had the ability to hold the tongue more. I appreciate her perspective but at least you know where you stand with me.

Love it bro . Don’t change a thing . As long as it’s the truth let it fly

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Reminds me of one of the all time great comedy lines, from Ron White. "They told me I had the right to remain silent......but I didn't have the ability."

Reactions: vacock#
Come on guys......KLM applies here...still funny as chit, i dont care who u are.

There’s a subtle art to calling people idiots without saying it. It’s hard for most people.

Coco this might be shocking to you but I actually agree with that . It’s damn near impossible for me . Kinda like reaching for that last beer or taking that last shot . You know it’s Gonna turn out bad but .... still gonna do it .

I don’t have a Nazi way Of thinking, and like everyone else have had success and hardships. If that had been my Mother, daughter, or girlfriend acting like a fool and making unreasonable demands in public, I’d be grateful that someone put them in their place.

Respect is something earned. It’s not automatic and never has been. The lady causing the commotion in the restaurant, I’m curious. Who was she respecting, or disrespecting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT