ADVERTISEMENT

Sooo….what bowl now? 8-4 w back to back top 10 wins?

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
We could actually get a pretty damn good bowl now. We are one of the hottest teams in the country w back to back top 10 wins. 8-4. They were saying Gator Bowl vs Notre Dame before this win. What now?

8 wins with this talent in this conference should get Beamer some COY votes honestly. I know some will scoff but I had them for 5 wins if things went well before the season started.
With this finish yeah at least some votes. Keeping this team together after Mizzou/Florida, and playing like this to finish, one of the best coaching jobs anyone has done

I’d say we’re zeroing in on one of 3: Citrus, Outback or Gator. Normally 8-4 won’t get you in the Citrus Bowl, but the way we finished may allow us to leap frog some teams. We definitely will bring a solid crowd after the last two games.

I’d say we’re zeroing in on one of 3: Citrus, Outback or Gator. Normally 8-4 won’t get you in the Citrus Bowl, but the way we finished may allow us to leap frog some teams. We definitely will bring a solid crowd after the last two games.
Agree. We have as much momentum as anyone in America outside of the top 4. We will bring in a lot of fans. Citrus would be the biggest bowl we’ve made I think

If only one SEC team on the playoff that pushes everyone back a bowl slot right? Typically the conference puts 2 teams in.
I guess it depends on if Bama can weasel in

If only one SEC team on the playoff that pushes everyone back a bowl slot right? Typically the conference puts 2 teams in.
I guess it depends on if Bama can weasel in
Actually Bama could weasel back in. Not sure how good Kansas st actually is, can they knock TCU out?? Would OSU get the nod over Bama if they do?? I don’t see USC west losing.

I want as good of a bowl as possible so the players don’t opt out. Hopefully we can do NIL deals to incentivize the players to stick around for the bowl game. Opt outs are killing bowl season

Reactions: Scottpsb
I’m pretty sure we’ll have some opt outs for whatever bowl we get. Even though bowls have lost their shine with the playoffs I would love to win one this year. It would lock in a top 25 finish which means something for the program Beamer is putting together.

They sure do. Playing and beating a big brand name would be huge. Id prefer that over Baylor or Wake Forest. Great teams but just not the same exposure as beating Notre Dame or Oklahoma gives.
The season has been salvaged, but winning the bowl game would make the winter way more pleasant and engender much more anticipation for next year than would losing the last game we play. The thing I noticed about last night is that Notre Dame, despite the fact they couldn't quite keep up with Southern Cal's offense, played their butts off for 60 minutes. Like us, they lost some games they shouldn't, but I think they are better on the hoof than we are. Doesn't mean we can't beat them. Means we would have to beat them despite not matching up with them that well.

The voter for the Tampa Bay Times just released his top 25 and does not include us in the top 25. But he does have UNC at 20 (after 2 bad losses in a row) and Texas San Antonio and Boise State in the top 25. Some people should not be allowed to vote if they don’t follow college football.

The voter for the Tampa Bay Times just released his top 25 and does not include us in the top 25. But he does have UNC at 20 and Texas San Antonio and Boise State in the top 25. Some people should not be allowed to vote if they don’t follow college football.
I'm good with it. Use it as incentive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT