ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Braves fans

Even. Mets
Stranger things have happened, history reeks of it,

‘69 Mets , 10 games out in mid August
‘64 Redbirds, 11 out, late August
Not forgetting Braves & Mariners of 90’s
And an all time classic, “The Giants is dead”.

Yet to hit the dawg dayz.🥵
Even. The Mets have lost 3 in a row to the bottom feeders.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
It’s getting real interesting now. All even with 5 to go.

Every team seems to have many players on the IL. I cannot recall many on the injured list in the “old days” of the 60s and 70s. Maybe the IL wasn’t made public, maybe I forget. But it does seems like injuries pile up now.
Q: Are there more injuries now? Why?

It’s getting real interesting now. All even with 5 to go.

Every team seems to have many players on the IL. I cannot recall many on the injured list in the “old days” of the 60s and 70s. Maybe the IL wasn’t made public, maybe I forget. But it does seems like injuries pile up now.
Q: Are there more injuries now? Why?
Injured list has been around forever.
Reasons for going on have changed.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Really, one of the best, most fun series I've ever watched! I'm not a big Mets fan!

I was on the edge of my seat for all three games. Jansen scared me in game one. I think the Braves were the only team to beat DeGrom & Scherzer in back to back games this year. Bullpen was awesome and Swanson & Olsen just killed it.

Reactions: TAV31 and cockn'fyr
I hope they are not too drunk to play tomorrow afternoon. The champagne and beer was flowing tonight. Probably still is.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I hope they are not too drunk to play tomorrow afternoon. The champagne and beer was flowing tonight. Probably still is.
Are they all 21, amazing! This team is fun to watch! Kenley sure makes you hold your breath, but when he keeps it down and hard even he's tough!

Maybe the hangovers are kicking in. Right now it’s 12-8 Marlins. Not that it matters.

True this weekend, but they always seem to fade in Aug/Sept! Go back and look at preseason division predictions the last five years, you won't see the Braves winning much until the seasons over!
Good call. Mets fade late, again, and are done.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Good call. Mets fade late, again, and are done.
Interesting take by the announcers last night saying the Mets would be a different looking team next year, that they were built this year for a WS run and sounded to me like they were going for a rebuild next year, we'll see! I just feel the Scherzer deal backfired on them, you have to think someone with a little age on them is not going to perform great for a full 162.

Everyone thinks Braves will have a cakewalk against the Phils....better win today!! they are better than people think!

Everyone thinks Braves will have a cakewalk against the Phils....better win today!! they are better than people think!
Yeah you cant leave the bases loaded twice in the first 2 innings with no runs and expect to win. Also I just can't figure why Snit keeps putting Chavez in high leverage situations. I really like him, but he seems more of a mop up guy to me.

Yeah you cant leave the bases loaded twice in the first 2 innings with no runs and expect to win. Also I just can't figure why Snit keeps putting Chavez in high leverage situations. I really like him, but he seems more of a mop up guy to me.
Mikey, he's been pretty darn good for the braves this year, I think Snit trusts him to throw strikes, get ground balls and keep it in the park!

Mikey, he's been pretty darn good for the braves this year, I think Snit trusts him to throw strikes, get ground balls and keep it in the park!
I don't disagree with you and I like him. And hey the other guys in the clubhouse really like him too, that means a lot. It just seems to me he is getting much more hittable.

Who pitches next? In Phily.
I would assume Morton, then I would go Fried amd Wright again, he was too good not to use again! If any one of those 3 struggled early Strider would be my ace in the hole for long relief! I had a buddy disagreeing with me on that Strider point last night, my point was, I want to see Wright in game 5 if needed!

I would assume Morton, then I would go Fried amd Wright again, he was too good not to use again! If any one of those 3 struggled early Strider would be my ace in the hole for long relief! I had a buddy disagreeing with me on that Strider point last night, my point was, I want to see Wright in game 5 if needed!
That’ll do it boys! Fun year, just can’t believe the Phills went smallball on us!

If we’d have known it’d be Padres and Phillies in March, we could have made some real money. In hindsight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT