ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Braves fans

The Mets outplayed the Braves in every way this 5 game series. If Scherzer and Degrom are on their game, and they usually are, I don’t think the Braves can beat them. The Braves still play for a walk and a home run while the Mets can score in many ways. The Braves need to get Ozzie back and Acuna and Ozuna need to start hitting and quit the antics.

The Mets outplayed the Braves in every way this 5 game series. If Scherzer and Degrom are on their game, and they usually are, I don’t think the Braves can beat them. The Braves still play for a walk and a home run while the Mets can score in many ways. The Braves need to get Ozzie back and Acuna and Ozuna need to start hitting and quit the antics.
What the Braves need right now is a starting pitcher that can throw strikes and get ahead in the count. Braves' starting pitchers are having too many 20-30 pitch innings and teams are getting into the bullpen in the 4th and 5th innings. Acuna and Ozuna need to start hitting but blaming it on their flair for the game is a little unfair. That's like telling Deion Sanders to stop with the antics because he got beat for a touchdown. Most of the Dominicans play with a flair and the Braves' energy looks to come from that. Heredia is the leader of that and he doesn't get in the game a lot. He just got sent down because they needed another catcher to replace D'Arnaud for a bit.

But this might just be the Mets’ year. They are very good and better that Atlanta in all stages.
True this weekend, but they always seem to fade in Aug/Sept! Go back and look at preseason division predictions the last five years, you won't see the Braves winning much until the seasons over!

But this might just be the Mets’ year. They are very good and better that Atlanta in all stages.
Stranger things have happened, history reeks of it,

‘69 Mets , 10 games out in mid August
‘64 Redbirds, 11 out, late August
Not forgetting Braves & Mariners of 90’s
And an all time classic, “The Giants is dead”.

Yet to hit the dawg dayz.🥵

Was a bad series for sure but if you want to go ahead and rule out Braves be my guest. I will wait and see

Reactions: TAV31
They need to go to AI for the strikes and balls! I'm absolutely tired of these big name freaking players getting the call because of their status. Umps like CB Buckner shouldn't be allowed on the field. They track all this now, it's easy to go through the games and see what calls are missed.

I don’t understand the deals with Cano and Adrianza and Gosselin. I thought Arcia was doing fairly well standing in until Ozzie gets back.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I don’t understand the deals with Cano and Adrianza and Gosselin. I thought Arcia was doing fairly well standing in until Ozzie gets back.
Braves are fine with Arcia. They just brought in Adrianza for some back up depth. They know him from playing for them before and are comfortable with him. Cano was recently DFA'd and they let Gosselin go too.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
They need to go to AI for the strikes and balls! I'm absolutely tired of these big name freaking players getting the call because of their status. Umps like CB Buckner shouldn't be allowed on the field. They track all this now, it's easy to go through the games and see what calls are missed.
I was wondering about this the other day... do umpires, like players, go back and review game film? Players do it to see what they did wrong. Do umpires do the same?

I was wondering about this the other day... do umpires, like players, go back and review game film? Players do it to see what they did wrong. Do umpires do the same?
How can they accurately analyze their calls on balls and strikes when they are reviewing video? Had a much better view behind home plate

How can they accurately analyze their calls on balls and strikes when they are reviewing video? Had a much better view behind home plate
Don't know, that's why I asked. Just wondered if they ever go back and think "Shit, that guy was right. It WAS outside."

Don't know, that's why I asked. Just wondered if they ever go back and think "Shit, that guy was right. It WAS outside."
Not sure they're going to do that, but MLB should have someone that does. I always said a strike zone is fine if you're calling it both ways, I may be biased but it looks like that hasn't been happening for the Braves lately.

To me, the subjective call from the ump is preferable to high tech surveillance of the strike zone. Overwhelming, the umps are consistent.

Reactions: Bftboy
It looks like the Mets finally spent enough money to overtake the Braves. I wouldn’t count my chickens yet though.

They just brought up the young infielder from Mississippi and plugged him right into the lineup for tonight’s game. Hopefully, he’ll come on strong like Harris.

They just brought up the young infielder from Mississippi and plugged him right into the lineup for tonight’s game. Hopefully, he’ll come on strong like Harris.
Yeah, homer, single, 2 rbi, stolen base. I'd say he did OK. Nice to know there's at least a little depth in the farm system. We gotta just keeping plugging along and wait for the Mets collapse, like always happens.

Yeah, homer, single, 2 rbi, stolen base. I'd say he did OK. Nice to know there's at least a little depth in the farm system. We gotta just keeping plugging along and wait for the Mets collapse, like always happens.
And part of two double plays!

Reactions: mikeypen
The kid played great in his debut.

This Mets team may be different. They have Degrom and Sherzer.

More of a BoSox fan, but with about 45 games left, I would't crown a division champ at this point.
As another poster mentioned there are plenty of collapses/surges that have happened before.
Even if the don't catch up to the Mets, very good chance the may meet in the playoffs.

Totally different story the past two nights. I don't know who'll wind up winning the division but it'll be fun to watch the rest of this season!

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
Totally different story the past two nights. I don't know who'll wind up winning the division but it'll be fun to watch the rest of this season!
Yep, pitching has been really good with some timely hitting! They look like opposite teams! That’s baseball

FDc7JTMXsA8cNBz.jpg

We should also have Fried going against DeGrom - two of the best in the game.
Definitely need a split of these next two games but can you imagine the blow to the Mets should Atlanta pull them both out

What will they do with Grissom when Ozzie gets back? Keep him and move Arcia? Keep both and release Adrianza?

I think Ozuna is about done. He doesn’t play much even as a DH. Don’t know what they’ll do with that big contract. Maybe have to eat it.

You're good 2 games out of a series and last night proved those 2 nights aren't always a given "W"

Time will tell....

What will they do with Grissom when Ozzie gets back? Keep him and move Arcia? Keep both and release Adrianza?

I think Ozuna is about done. He doesn’t play much even as a DH. Don’t know what they’ll do with that big contract. Maybe have to eat it.
Release Adrianza. They have been unable to reach a long term deal with Dansby. So, the Braves need to give Grissom as much spot time as possible to find out what they have in case Dansby leaves.

Ozuna arrested DUI at 4:39 this morning. I guess being out that late/early he wasn’t figuring to get in the lineup tonight. Maybe that’s why he’s hitting .214 and K’ing 1/4 the time. Bad habits.
What’s the chance of that affecting his big contract?

Ozuna arrested DUI at 4:39 this morning. I guess being out that late/early he wasn’t figuring to get in the lineup tonight. Maybe that’s why he’s hitting .214 and K’ing 1/4 the time. Bad habits.
Ozuna probably had these same bad habits when he was an MVP candidate two years ago. With that said, this is the second year that he has short-circuited his season with legal problems. It's probably time for him to go, not because he is a bad person or has bad habits. Yes, just eat the 32 million dollars left on his contract and let him go. There have been plenty athletes with bad habits (Michael Jordan drank, smoked cigars, and lived off of fours sleep his whole career). The difference is that he was ready when game-time rolled around. Same thing with Allen Iverson. The problem is that he is showing that you can't trust him. You are in the middle of a pennant race and here we go again. Braves had to juggle their outfield around and make trades because of him last year. I don't think the Braves will be able to void the contract. DUI is not a felony in Georgia unless he has 3 previous ones or killed someone.

Last edited:
I would think it matters coming off a domestic violence charge!

Dang, Haven’t seen will crowe pitch much for the pirates, but he looks really good!

Release Adrianza. They have been unable to reach a long term deal with Dansby. So, the Braves need to give Grissom as much spot time as possible to find out what they have in case Dansby leaves.
In time they will but with Albies and Arcia both hurt, you’ve got to have a backup second baseman and Adrianza fills that need. Ozzie was hurt worse than they led on and even if Arcia is ok his performance has been less than stellar. We’re one Grissom injury away from a disaster at second base.

In time they will but with Albies and Arcia both hurt, you’ve got to have a backup second baseman and Adrianza fills that need. Ozzie was hurt worse than they led on and even if Arcia is ok his performance has been less than stellar. We’re one Grissom injury away from a disaster at second base.
I think Neanderthal was talking about when Arica or Albies comes back. In that case, I think you keep Grissom to back up second and short. I would even try him a little bit in left. You can’t trust Ozuna anyway.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I think Neanderthal was talking about when Arica or Albies comes back. In that case, I think you keep Grissom to back up second and short. I would even try him a little bit in left. You can’t trust Ozuna anyway.
Looks like Ozuna has lost his job to Contreres!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT