ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry for PJ

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
well, I wish I was more surprised... how many times were people told "he is a first round pick"? McDonalds AA, one and done talent... goes UNDRAFTED. SMFH
The NBA is all screwed up. In large part I blame the league for this kind of misrepresentation to kids who are trying to plan the rest of their lives at such a young age. They need to fix the process. It is broken now. The NCAA is as much to blame, their BS rules about amateurism, preventing kids from staying in school if they want to test the draft waters... that BS RUINS LIVES. It is a fn FARCE that they act like they have any of the athlete's interests at heart.
PJ made a bad decision in retrospect to go pro... that is on him, but the process in place leads kids to these bad decisions and throws them Straight in the garbage when they try to play the game the way it is set up currently and don't get drafted. He doesn't deserve this.

well, I wish I was more surprised... how many times were people told "he is a first round pick"? McDonalds AA, one and done talent... goes UNDRAFTED. SMFH
The NBA is all screwed up. In large part I blame the league for this kind of misrepresentation to kids who are trying to plan the rest of their lives at such a young age. They need to fix the process. It is broken now. The NCAA is as much to blame, their BS rules about amateurism, preventing kids from staying in school if they want to test the draft waters... that BS RUINS LIVES. It is a fn FARCE that they act like they have any of the athlete's interests at heart.
PJ made a bad decision in retrospect to go pro... that is on him, but the process in place leads kids to these bad decisions and throws them Straight in the garbage when they try to play the game the way it is set up currently and don't get drafted. He doesn't deserve this.
We all have to make decisions in our lives similar to this. Sometimes we find the information was not as explained. We have to move on with our lives, same applies to him. Hope he learns and moves on to a successful life. In short there is no way I feel sorry for these guys. They have opportunities many don't get because of their God given talent.

I just hate that Dozier can't come back to school and play next year. He didn't get drafted so he didn't get any money. I'm sure some of you will enlighten me on the process, but it just seems like a crazy system.

How about placing the blame directly on the guy's shoulder who is deserving of the criticism HIS DAD. If you were tuned into Fox local last night you would have heard him say "he's ready" "this is his time"...all BS.

What? why cant we blame everyone else EXCEPT the real person that's to blame

What a crock of crap...blame everyone else....why not that's society today

I just hate that Dozier can't come back to school and play next year. He didn't get drafted so he didn't get any money. I'm sure some of you will enlighten me on the process, but it just seems like a crazy system.
What is crazy is that he decided to hire an agent instead of receiving his evaluation and then finalizing his decision. Not a very smart decision by the Dozier family.

I read one of the mock draft evaluation of Dozier. It essentially said he struggles in all the skills necessary to be a NBA point guard (shooting, ball-handling, passing). It did say he's a good on-ball defender. We saw it this year. He was a able to take the ball to the hoop with some success but that alone is not going to get you drafted.

He clearly needed another year or two but Dad knew best. Hopefully he can gain a roster spot with the Lakers and make a nice living.

NFL too. How many guys have we lost that couldve used another year that are now sitting at home with no degree? Countless.

Last edited:
JFTR, I am not saying in This particular situation he or his Dad are free of blame/fault...

Just saying this is a much bigger problem affecting kids all over the nation! These kids have people telling them their whole lives how good they are at basketball, they do a couple good things in college, get an agent filling their heads with nonsense and why would they NOT believe them? The agents don't give a shit if the kid gets shipped overseas and makes $200-$350k or if they make league minimum in the NBA- agent still gets paid (granted a little less, but they don't have to move to fn Latvia/ Shitstanistan, the PLAYER DOES).

Reactions: cocksfan23
I just can't feel sorry for stupid. Im no NBA GM but I could damn sure see he was nowhere near ready to a be on an NBA roster, much less a contributor other than mop up.

Stupid hurts, and now he has to deal with the consequences that he has chose for himself.

It's never a bad idea to stay in school when everything is paid for you and get an education that will set you up for life.

Nope nope nope, not going to feel bad for him.

The NBA nor NCAA are at fault. This fault lies 100% on PJ Dozier & those who idiotically advised him to forgo his final 2 seasons of college eligibility.

Reactions: umdterpcock
What a waste. It was PJ's decision. I'm sure he was misled, but I didn't see it happening. Most people referenced his wing span and height as a point guard for his NBA marketability.

The NBA nor NCAA are at fault. This fault lies 100% on PJ Dozier & those who idiotically advised him to forgo his final 2 seasons of college eligibility.
Agree. Well educated family, financially stable and well educated in how this basketball thing works. Remember Gerald Wilkins? He did the exact same thing with his son (Damian I believe was his name).

As a guard in the NBA you have to be able to push the ball with speed up the court and that's not what he's capable of right now.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
It was obvious to all during the season. Especially on the free throw line. Oh well, good luck to him. He will have all day, everyday to get better and make a career for himself hopefully. I will never forget the run he helped the cocks make,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT