ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry if this doesn’t belong here...

curver16

Jul 26, 2009
But I have read other discussions concerning the Coronavirus and want to share and warn you. We are potentially up to 9 cases in our state right now, and that number will increase. Praying for everyone, and the Kershaw area appears to be a potential hot spot right now. Stay strong everyone!
What I want to share pisses me off and I am stewing over how it was handled today. My daughter purchased a car from a local dealership last week. Columbia area. I will hopefully speak with them tomorrow.
She took her car in today for detailing. While waiting for her car, she noticed a guy who worked there, walk in with a mask in his hand. He walked up to another employee and said I don’t have the flu, I have the virus. He grabbed his stuff, and left thru a private door. Used for employees. Freaked our daughter out.
Once she shared what she witnessed I immediately got on the phone to call them. The number I called directed me to a different dealership. I explained the concern and was informed they were a different location, but they could connect me. Nobody answered at the location my daughter was at. They close at 7 and it was 6:50. Tried twice. Called the number back and spoke with the same person again. Was told I would receive a call tomorrow from management.
I am upset because I explained the concern to the individual I spoke with two times. Yes, the actual number I called redirected me twice, but after giving my phone number and the concern, and what is going on across the globe, there was no urgency. I expected a call this evening and not tomorrow. Nope!
I understand if this didn’t belong here, but I have loved ones who are older, and I know you do as well. Wanted to share.
I will provide an update once I speak with management.
God Bless America!

Honestly I live in Florida and there are several cases in my county . You know what ?? I’m gonna keep doing exactly what I’ve continued to do everyday . I’ve lived thru 2 Category 4 Hurricanes and 1 Cat 5 , and all kind of other trials and I’m not letting this scare me and keep me locked up in my house like a hermit . Is it scary ... yes but more people got killed by house pets or bees last week than died from Corona virus . Can’t live in fear brother . I think this whole thing is just like anything else ... a media fiasco. I totally understand your concern for your daughter and family but don’t let it force you to live in fear . You take a much bigger risk driving to work everyday than contacting this virus . This like all other things will pass .

King, everything I shared in my ordinal post is what my daughter witnessed and shared with me and my wife. I will update once I hopefully speak with them tomorrow.

King, everything I shared in my ordinal post is what my daughter witnessed and shared with me and my wife. I will update once I hopefully speak with them tomorrow.
Keep your daughter home as a precaution at least until you find out what “the virus” is please. Those who are healthy and have no exposure- go on about your life. Anyone believed to have been in close contact (touched, embraced or even just within a few feet of..) an infected person should stay away from the public as much as possible.

But I have read other discussions concerning the Coronavirus and want to share and warn you. We are potentially up to 9 cases in our state right now, and that number will increase. Praying for everyone, and the Kershaw area appears to be a potential hot spot right now. Stay strong everyone!
What I want to share pisses me off and I am stewing over how it was handled today. My daughter purchased a car from a local dealership last week. Columbia area. I will hopefully speak with them tomorrow.
She took her car in today for detailing. While waiting for her car, she noticed a guy who worked there, walk in with a mask in his hand. He walked up to another employee and said I don’t have the flu, I have the virus. He grabbed his stuff, and left thru a private door. Used for employees. Freaked our daughter out.
Once she shared what she witnessed I immediately got on the phone to call them. The number I called directed me to a different dealership. I explained the concern and was informed they were a different location, but they could connect me. Nobody answered at the location my daughter was at. They close at 7 and it was 6:50. Tried twice. Called the number back and spoke with the same person again. Was told I would receive a call tomorrow from management.
I am upset because I explained the concern to the individual I spoke with two times. Yes, the actual number I called redirected me twice, but after giving my phone number and the concern, and what is going on across the globe, there was no urgency. I expected a call this evening and not tomorrow. Nope!
I understand if this didn’t belong here, but I have loved ones who are older, and I know you do as well. Wanted to share.
God Bless America!
I long ago gave up any expectation that I can get a response of concern from my fellow man when they don’t have a direct economic benefit to do so, and often not even then. It sounds like you aren’t quite there yet. Give it time. Maybe if you call back and tell them you want to finance a car you can get far enough up the chain to have the finance guy make up a story to assuage your concerns. Either that or score you some free cup holders.

God Bless America!
If I were you, I'd contact the state's public health department to report the incident. Here's the link. If you do, share back with us what they said.
https://scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT